Current meta in Fractals

Weerus.3701

So after a years of pause I came back a month ago and noticed that everyone is looking for Heal Fire Brand and Alacrity Revenant.So I experimented a bit to try and find the most optimal party setup and this is what for me made the most fluid T4 daily experience:

• HFB
  • Alecrity Rev.
  • Power BS
  • Power Ele
  • Power Ele

I am interested to find out what is your experience and what would be the best possible party for clearing hardest fractals.

@LuRkEr.9462 said:So the only thing I don't agree with on this is bringing 2 eles. Why wouldn't a soulbeast be brought for their unique buffs and abilities in place of 1 ele?HB, Alac, BS, SB, Weaver is basically the meta listed on Discreatize.

I highly doubt it includes Hfb.

Meta highly depends on the fractal. A good all rounder is 4cfb + ren or 3cfb, bs + ren for easier cc.99 + 98cm both are very power centric. Good comps are usually Fb, ren, bs, + slb/weaver or slb/holo or slb/slb.The best for fast no effort runs are cfb stacks. the aegis spam is just too strong and cfb outdamages power builds if you dont bother with slaying sigils and potions.You need to have a fairly good team to make power work in all fractals. Cfb is just highly rewarding keyboard smash gameplay.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@LuRkEr.9462 said:So the only thing I don't agree with on this is bringing 2 eles. Why wouldn't a soulbeast be brought for their unique buffs and abilities in place of 1 ele?HB, Alac, BS, SB, Weaver is basically the meta listed on Discreatize.

Meta highly depends on the fractal. A good all rounder is 4cfb + ren or 3cfb, bs + ren for easier cc.99 + 98cm both are very power centric. Good comps are usually Fb, ren, bs, + slb/weaver or slb/holo or slb/slb.The best for fast no effort runs are cfb stacks. the aegis spam is just too strong and cfb outdamages power builds if you dont bother with slaying sigils and potions.You need to have a fairly good team to make power work in all fractals. Cfb is just highly rewarding keyboard smash gameplay.

I fully agree. 4 Firebrands an one Ren was the most chill run I've ever had. You don't even need the berserker for cc. Just slot in sanctuary and everything's fine.

Frankly you don't even need banners in FotM. Stuff dies quick enough without them, that and some fights are too mobile to make full use of them anyway.

You really want:1 Healer (HFB or Druid, Druid brings 25 might and spotter fwiw)1 Quickness support (Chrono or Quickbrand)3 DPS one of which could be banners if it is insisted upon. Doesn't matter on the class so long as they bench +29k on a stationary golem.

That's it. so long as none of the players are utter noobs who don't know the mechanics that will clear any FotM in a timely manner.

I lump alacrity in with banners as far as nice to have, but not really a requirement. If you are speed running your dailies, then sure it'll help, but no it isn't needed and you can get a run down in a timely manner with alacrity or banners.

I just happened to have 2 power eles in party. Is Discreatize a site or someting? I'm only familiar with snowcrows and metabattle. I would take SB anytime, but I'm just interested in whats the most efficient setup.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

ren as in renegade?so basically 4 condi dd and 1 dedicated cc?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Frankly you don't even need banners in FotM. Stuff dies quick enough without them, that and some fights are too mobile to make full use of them anyway.

You really want:1 Healer (HFB or Druid, Druid brings 25 might and spotter fwiw)1 Quickness support (Chrono or Quickbrand)3 DPS one of which could be banners if it is insisted upon. Doesn't matter on the class so long as they bench +29k on a stationary golem.

That's it. so long as none of the players are utter noobs who don't know the mechanics that will clear any FotM in a timely manner.

I lump alacrity in with banners as far as nice to have, but not really a requirement. If you are speed running your dailies, then sure it'll help, but no it isn't needed and you can get a run down in a timely manner with alacrity or banners.

I just made HFB with help of snowcrows site and I think my quickness is pretty much permanent, outside of content where we cannot stack really.Couldn't my staff and an ele for example keep 25 stacks? Also how much does spotter contributes? What does fwiw mean?In my experience, a healer or some sort of support is kinda needed or people tend to die a lot. I'm playing with only 1 RL friend and we need to pug 3 people. He is BS main and working on alacrity rev atm. And I'm condi mirage main and just made hfb.

What should we play and pug to make it easiest and most effortless?

@Weerus.3701 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Frankly you don't even need banners in FotM. Stuff dies quick enough without them, that and some fights are too mobile to make full use of them anyway.

I just made HFB with help of snowcrows site and I think my quickness is pretty much permanent, outside of content where we cannot stack really.Great. Take another dps then.Couldn't my staff and an ele for example keep 25 stacks? Also how much does spotter contributes? What does fwiw mean?My warrior with Phalanx Strength can do 25 might for the party, but Druid does it the quickest.Spotter is 100 precision.Fwiw: for what it's worthIn my experience, a healer or some sort of support is kinda needed or people tend to die a lot. I'm playing with only 1 RL friend and we need to pug 3 people. He is BS main and working on alacrity rev atm. And I'm condi mirage main and just made hfb.

What should we play and pug to make it easiest and most effortless?

You do need at least one support. Druid or HFB should be enough.

Having one DPS as a Reaper is helpful since they can hard carry a screwup.

But having players that know their rotations and the content matters the most for making it easy and effortless.

Knowing when to swap utilities between fights helps as well. Like slotting shield of the avenger when going into a projectile heavy fight.

@Weerus.3701 said:

@"LuRkEr.9462" said:So the only thing I don't agree with on this is bringing 2 eles. Why wouldn't a soulbeast be brought for their unique buffs and abilities in place of 1 ele?HB, Alac, BS, SB, Weaver is basically the meta listed on Discreatize.

I just happened to have 2 power eles in party. Is Discreatize a site or someting? I'm only familiar with snowcrows and metabattle. I would take SB anytime, but I'm just interested in whats the most efficient setup.

Here you go: https://discretize.eu/It is not healbrand though, but power quickness firebrand, meta in fractals is without heals. Weaver is the class that brings most personal damage but nothing else (ok some fire fields for blasting might, but that's it) and can be replaced by a DH with signet share. The important part is fb, alacrev, soulbeast and bs. There is a second reason berserker is META it is not only about banners. On high AR berserker profits from precision even after he is capped on crit resulting them do insane damage on par with other dps sometimes and ofc they bring banners and CC which weaver lacks so much. Soulbeast is there for stance share, spirit and also the moa stance for prestack as the bd can be a problem without a staff guardian. That comp works particularly well in CM98 and 99.For CM100 we haven't figured out the META yet, but what most ppl run are 3 condi firebrands + alacrev +hfb. What is better though is 4 condi firebrands (all of em take sanctuary, and 1 or 2 do the quickness and might job) + condi rev (that shares alac+some might but no CC).Other t4s have all their best comps, but the firebrigade comp works pretty fine as most of the times you are fighting bosses and clearing mobs is not a big deal anyway.

Yea, some groups will run fractals without heals. That is "Meta" but only in coordinated teams. Running a pug T4 or CM without a healbrand often turns into a shit show, though sometimes it works great.The 3 dps can really be whatever (probably not chrono, too slow rampup) as long as they know their class and rotation well. Though in anything endgame PvE, people tend to like stacking guardians for the inherent defense that brings.

fractal meta ? it easy:first breath - no elem, no thiefso now we need boons ..alacrity ? so need alac (it can ne Diviner, it can be ) or Seraph(more rare)quickness so we need fb .. it can be hfb, or qfb, who provide boons and dps, but not healofc we have take qfb and hsg(heal scourge). or take hfb and not worry it is more and more common waybs ! alwyas, but not in cm100 .. on that cm100 bs should use cdps build and better be cfbdps .. 2 dps leftcfb more easiest way. Ofc we have different dps But remember: no weavers !! thief's also not ideal.

1 cfb for chilled ppl2 p guard (not for cm100)3 pslb(not for cm100)4 holo (not for cm100, but can :)) )5 mirage only for cm100others ..

@mizaru.1385 said:Guardians are too annoyingly unbalanced that its basically 4 Guardians (FB) + 1 Rev (alac slave). Thats the answer for almost anything the game throws at u

This.I truly have no clue why they never done anything to balance themThe guardian is literally the best at everything except being an alac which they most likely would be one in the next expansion

@"mizaru.1385" said:Guardians are too annoyingly unbalanced that its basically 4 Guardians (FB) + 1 Rev (alac slave). Thats the answer for almost anything the game throws at u

While I agree that guardians are in a very good spot PvE wise, and nearly always have been (with an exception to the early to mid HoT raid meta, where distortion made aegis useless and guardian damage was subpar) because of their base design (having access to a group wide block on a heavy armor class which can deal good damage turns out to be a great PvE component for an action combat game like GW2). I do wonder what players assume who ask for nerfs.

Nerfing guardian does nothing for other classes besides make the content harder. Top end players right now are not using guardians as is, except for the quickness bot and even that only sparingly if mesmer is not an option. Every single class in this game can complete all challenging content, it's just guardian makes it easier for mediocre players to not have to up their game. If you as a player are having issues with this games challenging content, that is not due to guardians being op, it is due to you being bad at your class.

I have played just about every class there is in raids and fractal CMs without issue (non speedrun groups but regular 200-300KP "let's get it done clean" groups). As decent player most others don't care about the class you play in the upper segment. Only at the very top or the bottom do players somehow care about your class choice, due to completely opposite reasons.

This is people hating on on mesmer all over again believing that making content harder by nerfing another class will somehow benefit their class of choice. News flash: nerfing mesmer did nothing for other classes or their access to content. Bringing other classes up to a place where they could be side grades did.

2 days ago cms+t4 was done with setup: pwr holo, pwr thief wiht staff, hfb, alac(me), cfb(on100), and swaped on power slb for rest. Chill, solid run.1 day ago: hfb alac(me) bs(cfb on100), cfb (weaver rest), cfb (power guard rest) - awful toxic long run.both setup 8kufe+250kp

@Weerus.3701 said:You mean HFB quickness?I don't know exactly what set they use and dont ask, probably mix of harrier/cleric/minstrel/magi

on fractal we have 2 types of support fb - this is Qfb - which provide quickenss and make dps, and Hfb - provide more boons and ofc quickenss too, and heal with low dps.

I prefer take in opt second. It help minimize effect of any mistakes and not make one more cm inside cm.