wvw has seriously no game experience

mzmz.6289

everytime the fights end in less than 1min, doesnt matter how many ppl you have. imagine you r in the ts with crowded ppl, and you just get run over and die in a sec. for healers can only heal for their team, imagine you have to look where your teammate r in the huge squad. wvw is the unique feature of gw2, but it is most fun destruction. The developers dont play their own game or wut

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@mzmz.6289 said:for healers can only heal for their teamAgreed, healers should be able to heal the enemy as well.

You know what they meant was that you constantly have to keep an eye on where your subgroup is (they are rarely sticky), which makes stuff like using your elite stability skill a pain in the behind, as it is applied only to those in front of you in a cone radius? ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@mzmz.6289 said:for healers can only heal for their teamAgreed, healers should be able to heal the enemy as well.

which makes stuff like using your elite stability skill a pain in the behind, as it is applied only to those in front of you in a cone radiusDo you think if you miss your group with it you don't hit others outside your group?

@"mzmz.6289" said:everytime the fights end in less than 1min, doesnt matter how many ppl you have. imagine you r in the ts with crowded ppl, and you just get run over and die in a sec. for healers can only heal for their team, imagine you have to look where your teammate r in the huge squad. wvw is the unique feature of gw2, but it is most fun destruction. The developers dont play their own game or wut

Really is a shame that people die on incomming.. lots of them do.. which makes it unplayable for the rest of their team. Not really something to blame anet for. Anets job should be "world restructuring" but they've been selling that lie for almost 3 years now.

@mzmz.6289 said:everytime the fights end in less than 1min, doesnt matter how many ppl you have. imagine you r in the ts with crowded ppl, and you just get run over and die in a sec. for healers can only heal for their team, imagine you have to look where your teammate r in the huge squad. wvw is the unique feature of gw2, but it is most fun destruction. The developers dont play their own game or wut

We had an ele and condi rev running around last night. It was 5vs2 with most of the 5 running back from spawn at least once. Once either of the 2 died the other was simple to kill - but the condi rev killed the players over time with its tanky condi build, and the ele kept it alive (and itself).

Now I can't speak for the ones dying to the condi as I've no idea what their builds were, but it was a seriously tediously boring fight. Must have lasted 10 mins and was funny as hell to start but just plain bollocks after a while.

I can't speak for your builds/abilities, but... I'm sure there's some scope there somewhere

@"mzmz.6289" said:everytime the fights end in less than 1min, doesnt matter how many ppl you have. imagine you r in the ts with crowded ppl, and you just get run over and die in a sec. for healers can only heal for their team, imagine you have to look where your teammate r in the huge squad. wvw is the unique feature of gw2, but it is most fun destruction. The developers dont play their own game or wut

it's called "who can DDOS faster?".

If you're dying too fast try this tip: dodge first bomb second. Tbh I don't really understand the problem you have with support other than you have to pay attention to your party.(?) Scrapper is one of the easiest classes to play and fb isn't that hard to get your skills where they need to be if you turn on thick party health bars. WvW is one of the easiest game modes I've played in a competitive game, if you could call wvw competitive.

What fights are you in that are lasting less than a minute, outside of either running a lone person over or dueling? Also, are longer fights really a good idea? The 'long fights' I see are typically an organized guild group vs PUGs--the PUGs can't kill the guild group and the guild group either is bad and can't kill the PUGs either (stalemate) or farms them for 10-15 minutes (north camp).

Where is there skill in this? Open field fights are pretty dead due to the warclaw and passive buffs when fighting near a structure that one of the sides controls.

@"mzmz.6289" said:everytime the fights end in less than 1min, doesnt matter how many ppl you have. imagine you r in the ts with crowded ppl, and you just get run over and die in a sec.What? Never heard such crap.

for healers can only heal for their team, imagine you have to look where your teammate r in the huge squad.No. Its not only "their team". Maybe google a bit around about "Heal prioritization" and "Target Cap".

@Virdo.1540 said:

@"mzmz.6289" said:everytime the fights end in less than 1min, doesnt matter how many ppl you have. imagine you r in the ts with crowded ppl, and you just get run over and die in a sec.What? Never heard such kitten.

for healers can only heal for their team, imagine you have to look where your teammate r in the huge squad.No. Its not only "their team". Maybe google a bit around about "Heal prioritization" and "Target Cap".

Right! As a dedicated Soulbeast I am typically in my own little slot in the squad and yet I still get heals and stab. It’s a matter of positioning and I’ve learned to stay closer to the healers when I need to. ?

@LetoII.3782 said:

which makes stuff like using your elite stability skill a pain in the behind, as it is applied only to those in front of you in a cone radiusDo you think if you miss your group with it you don't hit others outside your group?

No, but it makes supporting your group more difficult at times.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

You know what they meant was that you constantly have to keep an eye on where your subgroup is (they are rarely sticky), which makes stuff like using your elite stability skill a pain in the behind, as it is applied only to those in front of you in a cone radius? ;)

If your subgroup is not able or willing to be sticky, they deserve no healing/stability.

good fights last waaaaay longer than one push. if u only run with uncoordinated groups that hardcore refuse to use "meta bc meta is the devil and i like my pepega class"... yeah well. that's our biggest issue. u often fight on uneven numbers and very often get on a full map =70~ players on map, only 30-35 into a squad. the rest either refuses to join, afks, roams, roleplays?, duels, hunts dollies, hunts moas, suicides into the enemy 50 man group. of the 35 u have like 15-20 at best on voice mostly

so all the pugs miss the calls on voice and lack experience to dodge on own intiative. of those who survive, 50% run around after a heavy bomb that caused 5-10 casulties, which leaves the less numerous group at a further disadvantage, bc those who panic now will be easy aim for nearby roamy-gankers that often cloud like vultures around zergfights.

if it was a 30 ppl guildgroup, it would in most cases easily farm the 50 ppl group guilds know each other and the fighting specialized ones are usually way more aware of zergfight mechanics than 80% of opentag-groups are.

like, we have still far 2 often offensemode firebrands or other wrongly used specs in those openzergs. u just cannot control that exact what people use. it matters, if the enemy knows what they're doing.

@"mzmz.6289" you know, this is why a squad has to "run close quarters". everyone should be withing 400 around the tag. if not, you're far too spread out, and that messes up the whole comp. this is the major issue of many squads. no discipline, maybe some confuse it with spvp.

the core of squads are firebrands, and they have only limited stab/cleanse/healrange. ergo, if u are too spread out, half of the group will die left and right bc they simply avoid the FBs heals, but soak up the enemy dmg like sponges.

You can heal people who are not a part of your party and also provide boons to them. Heal and boons prioritize your team but if they are out of your range, the nearest people receive the heal and boons. You can even heal people who are not a part of your squad, given they are the only people at range. I main Firebrand, there are times that I heal the ones who are manning siege and I ask other people that if they are not healing and are not manning any siege, they should be out of my heal and stab range.

@mzmz.6289 said:everytime the fights end in less than 1min? wut? they afk ? or don't press dodjes?

for healers can only heal for their teamno. you wrong. if have only priorities, party> squad> others

imagine you have to look where your teammate r in the huge squadyou not need to look than. You know - yours teammate near tag. If teammate not near tag - this is fake teammate.

The developers dont play their own gameagain wrong, they play and look

@"mzmz.6289" said:everytime the fights end in less than 1min, doesnt matter how many ppl you have. imagine you r in the ts with crowded ppl, and you just get run over and die in a sec.Well, if another group runs over your group, then I know at least one group that doesn't share your "no game experience".

Well there are a few reasons for this:

• Defending is overpowered:Its simple, you cant just sit outside keeps wait for enemy to come out. If you win the fight overwhelmingly, you're supposed to tune the challenge up by hitting enemy objectives one by one until you approach their main keep. But with this balance it is just stepping straight into hellfire. So guild players play only with guild players and commanders these days. This leads into big differences between pug and guild groups, differences enough for guild groups to attack keeps and not be bored, but if they were close to equally strong, they would be bored. You can see this on primetime that there are dedicated guilds that only defend and maintain almost 100% winrate, one might think thats smart but that just leads to stalemates and death of the gamemode.

• The metas boring, braindead and uncoordinatedWell, after making condition cleansing nearly automatic and removing basically any pulsing AoE effectiveness by increasing movement speed, the meta is just not fun. We have 1 stab bot that never dies so doesn't experience thrills and 1000 bots that try to stay close to tag so they get superspeed for fake thrills of destroying enemies (as there is no outplay moments if 50 people do the same thing at same time). So most people who aren't playing the game for egoistical or habitual reasons and are nice enough to support their server are gone. The game is not fun either and thus if you're losing, people just log out within 15 minutes.

• Server linkingsWell old main servers full of pugs are just doomed to be weak forever with relinking system, permafull or massive transfercosts and playerbase that changes every 2 months. You put some effort in? Bunch of degens transfer to bully you and your server is set full. So there is absolutely no reason for you to stick around if your commander even gets 1 pushed once because you're not having fun. As it won't get better because no1 else cares enough to show up to put the plebs on the other side of the fence back to their place.

In theory you can have long fights if there are 2 equally strong groups, but in reality it happens very rarely due to gamemode being neglected. Even if it did, it wouldn't be that enjoyable. This is due to bad infrastructure that surrounds WvW.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"mzmz.6289" said:everytime the fights end in less than 1min, doesnt matter how many ppl you have. imagine you r in the ts with crowded ppl, and you just get run over and die in a sec.Well, if another group runs over your group, then I know at least one group that doesn't share your "no game experience".

The only people who don't find that a "no game experience" are roleplayers, which granted is pretty much anyone or any guild still playing WvW regularly at this point. For anyone who even vaguely values decent PvP (i.e a PvP gamer), rolling over another group is still a "no game experience".

Which basically highlights why WvW (and RvR in general) is such a miserable failure. A "PvP" game that doesn't actually appeal to PvP gamers, as most of the time the PvP is boring, low skilled, one sided trash, because it lacks the mechanisms to produce competitive PvP on any regular basis.