Exalted Bonus Week (Champions) - [Merged]

Randulf.7614

As most players who have logged in within the last 24 hours would have noticed, there is another 7 day unique event as part of the current Saga Chapter.I'm sure many, like myself, welcome any updates which include new things for GW2.New skins, new mastery and a time-limited series of tasks.

Would @"ArenaNet Team.4819" be able to comment why, with the release of "new content", they've chosen to only advertise gem store products and not the new things people can do ingame on the main news section.

I don't like to criticize that much since nothing can be 100% perfect all the time, but perhaps it would be a good idea, if you want players to return to the game, to entice them not only with "here's a new skin from the gemstore" but also mention the changes within the game especially since this event has a limited duration.

I've seen a new Exalted bow (not one with a green sheen like the weapon set from the Auric Basin). It looks okay, fancy enough.

Most of the new weapons are fairly alright. Good looking enough that you might want them, normal enough that they can fit in most people's wardrobe, but not fancy or remarkable enough to be worth gems.

I am -very- disappointed they didn't add the Stone Summit Rifle to the dwarves portion of the event.

This is what the vendor sells

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Merchant_(Exalted)

TLDR:

• A new exclusive Exalted bow
  • All the original Auric Weapon skins which are available elsewhere in the game (eg through crafting)
  • A set of recipes for Crimson Dragon Slayer Skins
  • A set of Recipes for Azure Dragon Slayer Skins

Anything already owned will not appear at the vendor

The huge grind for the Crimson & Azure weapon collections is just beyond awful. Prismaticite Crystals take a long time to grind this is not content. The only thing I'm doing is to get all the recipes for both collections and thats it, for the achieve points. I can only imagine what other grind collections for the next 2 living world episodes, I don't even call them episodes more like here is more grind content because we have nothing worthwhile to actually give you. Sorry but pass on any more future god awful grind fest collections. Is Arenanet taking a page from Black Desert Online? To me it seems so with the grind.

@Tony.8659 said:The huge grind for the Crimson & Azure weapon collections is just beyond awful. Prismaticite Crystals take a long time to grind this is not content. The only thing I'm doing is to get all the recipes for both collections and thats it, for the achieve points. I can only imagine what other grind collections for the next 2 living world episodes, I don't even call them episodes more like here is more grind content because we have nothing worthwhile to actually give you. Sorry but pass on any more future god awful grind fest collections. Is Arenanet taking a page from Black Desert Online? To me it seems so with the grind.

Dont forget that you have to use each unfinished weapon to be able to craft the crimson and azure weapons as well making you switch classes and go through drms another 32 times

@Tony.8659 said:The huge grind for the Crimson & Azure weapon collections is just beyond awful. Prismaticite Crystals take a long time to grind this is not content. The only thing I'm doing is to get all the recipes for both collections and thats it, for the achieve points. I can only imagine what other grind collections for the next 2 living world episodes, I don't even call them episodes more like here is more grind content because we have nothing worthwhile to actually give you. Sorry but pass on any more future god awful grind fest collections. Is Arenanet taking a page from Black Desert Online? To me it seems so with the grind.

It is correct to not 'call them Episodes', as they are not Episodes; they are Bonus Events in Chapter 2: Power of Episode 5: Champions of the Icebrood Saga (Living World Season 5).

Also, although not from ArenaNet officially, there is an announcement on the front page of the Wiki (probably the most comprehensive venue for new content in the game).

@Linken.6345 said:

Dont forget that you have to use each unfinished weapon to be able to craft the crimson and azure weapons as well making you switch classes and go through drms another 32 times

That's the new Arenanet content for ya. I know I saw the guide on Guild Jens site. All I'm doing is the recipes and that's it.

While I am on the same page as @Tony.8659 , the main concern here is why isn't Arenanet drawing more attention to the current update?

To answer @MarshallLaw.9260 's question, I believe it is because it is a design oversight as the Icebrood Saga is essentially on life support. It's all hands on deck for End of Dragons and as @Tony.8659 said, the content itself is mostly filler content with a large amount of grind to hopefully stretch out the remainder of IBS until EoD is realeased or at the very least enough hype is built up for it.

@"Randulf.7614" said:This is what the vendor sells

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Merchant_(Exalted)

TLDR:

• A new exclusive Exalted bow
  • All the original Auric Weapon skins which are available elsewhere in the game (eg through crafting)
  • A set of recipes for Crimson Dragon Slayer Skins
  • A set of Recipes for Azure Dragon Slayer Skins

Anything already owned will not appear at the vendor

thanks so much Sir.

@rrusse.7058 said:While I am on the same page as @Tony.8659 , the main concern here is why isn't Arenanet drawing more attention to the current update?

To answer @MarshallLaw.9260 's question, I believe it is because it is a design oversight as the Icebrood Saga is essentially on life support. It's all hands on deck for End of Dragons and as @Tony.8659 said, the content itself is mostly filler content with a large amount of grind to hopefully stretch out the remainder of IBS until EoD is realeased or at the very least enough hype is built up for it.

this a error that Anet continue repeating, rushed content is bad for the game. LS4 ep03 for example damaged heavily the LS4 reputation.

Yeah and you need to have crafted the base Dragon Slayer weapons before you can even buy the recipes for the Crimson and Azure weapons. Apparently, replayability means gating collections behind other collections and requiring rerunning the same content dozens of times. I guess that's one way to do it.

In the IBS they have added so many of these grind or gold sink weapon collections to pad out the episodes. Hopefully this over reliance on grind will be dropped soon. I certainly hope it doesn't mark the direction that the game will be going with in EoD and afterwards.

@Pifil.5193 said:

Yeah and you need to have crafted the base Dragon Slayer weapons before you can even buy the recipes for the Crimson and Azure weapons. Apparently, replayability means gating collections behind other collections and requiring rerunning the same content dozens of times. I guess that's one way to do it.

In the IBS they have added so many of these grind or gold sink weapon collections to pad out the episodes. Hopefully this over reliance on grind will be dropped soon. I certainly hope it doesn't mark the direction that the game will be going with in EoD and afterwards.

I can see how EOD will be like. To start the EOD story you'll first need to complete a collection. Then in order to finish the first instance you'd need to complete another collection first. This will continue on.

As san example, imagine if before going out of Verdant Brink, you'd first need to collect all of the Bladed set! That way you would enjoy the VB meta event before you leave the map. Then, you'd need to finish the Exalted weapon collection before moving out of Auric Basin. And so on. Brilliant design!

I doubt EoD will go the way IBS has as @maddoctor.2738 suggests. Areanet has a history of being receptive to the community and even the last patch addressed many of the issues 'Champions' had the first time around. I would even argue that Arenanet listen too much to the kneejerk reactions of the community to the degree that it is detrimental to the game.As @"Pifil.5193" said, this is likely the way Arenanet wants to make things more "replayable". I hope this iteration of "content" ends with the saga. If Dragon Response Missions, or whatever they become in the future are to stay, they should be used as sort of mini-episodes in between the major episodes.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Tony.8659" said:The huge grind for the Crimson & Azure weapon collections is just beyond awful. Prismaticite Crystals take a long time to grind this is not content. The only thing I'm doing is to get all the recipes for both collections and thats it, for the achieve points. I can only imagine what other grind collections for the next 2 living world episodes, I don't even call them episodes more like here is more grind content because we have nothing worthwhile to actually give you. Sorry but pass on any more future god awful grind fest collections. Is Arenanet taking a page from Black Desert Online? To me it seems so with the grind.

In the IBS they have added so many of these grind or gold sink weapon collections to pad out the episodes. Hopefully this over reliance on grind will be dropped soon. I certainly hope it doesn't mark the direction that the game will be going with in EoD and afterwards.The whole chapter is tainted by a very unsatisfying reward structure. You play to earn the right to spend tons of gold (or resources worth tons of gold) on things you might not want if it wasn't for the "progress". If you play long and hard, the more gold you can spend. What?