NA/EU Players Guild - Ye Olde Curmudgeons (OLDE) wants YOU! Living on Ferguson's Crossing...

Resurrected.4132

We are still recruiting and I am happy to say we are going from strength to strength. Beer Saturday is a massive success when you will a brilliant turnout of members all having a great time (even those who do not drink =) ).

Currently we are running at 24 members. We have only had two recruits leave as they decided they wanted a very large guild. That's fine and we wished them both luck in finding the correct guild for them.

Our Guild Hall is progressing well and we should have an arena built vey soon.

What's not to like about Ye Olde Curmudgeons ? =) =)

Read our recruitment post at the top of this thread and if we sound like the guild for you, just say hello to me in-game. If I am not on-line drop me an in-game mail. I repoly to every one of them.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We currently have 26 members. We do not wish to become an overly large guild. Once we have 30 members we intend to stop recruiting for a period of time.

In the spirit of Olde this will help all current members get to know each other better and the social side (the most important side) of Olde can develop naturally.

Who are we?

We are two gamers that have gamed for too many years to even remember =) . One of us is based in the USA (guild founder and PvE player) and one of us in the UK (being British I am very posh :p ).

Where are we?

Ferguson's Crossing (NA) - To take part you will need to be on Ferguson Crossing or any other NA world server.

What do we want?

YOU, of course, =) and you want us, that's why you're reading this...

Both of us are casual players and we both go back to the Guild Wars original game. Whilst we both log in every day, our "game" day is a Saturday - aka beer Saturday (we like beer). Saturday will find us online from about 13:00-14:00 (CST) and 19:00-20:00 (UTC). Normally we play for a five or six-hour session. We then carry on with Serious Sunday - our day of prayer (yeah right!). Sunday we plan fractals and using Discord we look to run Guild events that members want to complete. It's a laid back hangover cure day of course :# B)

We want to recruit players who are not too serious and want to have fun playing. We run PvE (Sto the guild founder, is brilliant and knows the world like it was his own neighbourhood). We run dungeons and fractals and having just developed our Guild Hall Arena we now plan to set up and develop a guild PvP team.

We'd love to see players join who want to lead and are happy to lead the areas of the game outside of PvE.

So, if you want to be a leader but don't want to be under a guild that treats the game as if life depended on it, then we could be the guild for you.

We use Discord for voice comms and will help any new players find there way around the world.

What do we expect?

Just that you are respectful of others, that you rep the guild when online and there is at least one other guild member online. That you take part and have a laugh and a bit of fun.

Could we be THE guild for you?

We are still recruiting and looking to fill our last few spots before closing our recruitment. This will allow Olde to consolidate it's membership and to develop as the small social guild we are successful at being.

So, if after reading our guild description you think we are right for you, then get in touch as there are not many membership spots still available.

Aloha, retired Navy from Hawaii now living in Florida. Last guild was way back during my 10+ years of WoW and that was 20+ years ago. GW2 was pose to be a filler until the "next-big-thing" came along but after waiting forever I now realize maybe I getting my hinny out of solo WvW and trying new things and meeting people is best. Although I have no experience with GW2 PvP/PvE, I certainly will try to learn and boost my toons to betterment of the guild. I do have four lvl 80 toons as "banks" and I can don them in at least one set of ascended gear. I have not played any of my bank toons only my cheesy and annoying WvW engineer. Last time I was sociable in a guild, I was recruited to be the main/secondary healer in WoW. Promises were made and our small ex-military guild and family flew up like the Phoenix and yeah, it crashed. Let me know if you wanna yak. Have to install Discord and find my headphones. Have fun regardless. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

After a short period of consolidation that has allowed members to get to know each other, Ye Olde Curmudgeons is happy to announce that we are now open again for recruitment. We wish to recruit no more then six new members during this recruitment phase and are looking for players that fit with our goal of being a friendly, social guild.

If you feel we may be the guild for you then either contact me in game or leave a post here.

Guys and Gals,

We are one laid back guild and we are still recruiting but recently I have had several players contact me through the in-game mail system with enquiries. I have replied to every one of them. Unfortunately, some of the players have then not had the decency to respond.

So, if you are serious about having an interest in joining Olde (this doesn't mean you must join) then I welcome all enquiries. However, please do not make contact if you have no real interest as you are just wasting everyone's time.

We are looking for three or four great people to join us in this phase of recruitment.

We are a great laid back casual guild but I do choose those I think will like our style. I don't always get it right but the majority of players I recruit stay and become valued members of our small community.

We just could be THE guild for you. Drop me a message and find out :)

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy!

I like beer on saturdays, and any day tbh (also whisky and cognac). I'm also kinda old, or at least slowly getting there.

In a few guilds currently but their schedules are off for me, yours seems better suited. Mainly interested to learn fractals, raids and wvw, especially for to heal proper. I have odd fixation for them green numbers and played only healer classes for many years in Wow.

Looks like Ferguson's Crossing is currently listed as full, so gotta keep an eye out for the transfer.

@Jukhy.2431 said:Howdy!

I like beer on saturdays, and any day tbh (also whisky and cognac). I'm also kinda old, or at least slowly getting there.

In a few guilds currently but their schedules are off for me, yours seems better suited. Mainly interested to learn fractals, raids and wvw, especially for to heal proper. I have odd fixation for them green numbers and played only healer classes for many years in Wow.

Looks like Ferguson's Crossing is currently listed as full, so gotta keep an eye out for the transfer.

Welcome to Olde, I hope you enjoy your time adventuring with us.

Hello,

I'm a new player, about a week old at this point, and I just got the expansions. I'm looking for a place to chat and meet people. I played Anarchy Online and WoW for several years back in the day, but I've been away from MMOs since then. I tended to lean towards PvP as I got familiar with those games, so I suspect the same will happen here, but I've always enjoyed PvE group content as well. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...