Post your PvP Builds

Downstate.4697

D/D Core

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilZw4YesNGKO+SXrNA-zZgOjIVA5LBM7A

Focus on building might-stacks.

Glyph Support

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlJwmYUsQGJWMTXtdA-z5AfGZqA6VCYzB

Use GoEP while overload air for 25 vuln stacks on enemy team.Use glyph of storms in earth for enemy damage denial, or water for freeze.

Opportunist Weaver

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilJwmYQsImJWuSavVA-z5IeGZKBKYBYiB

35% damage increase to foes below 50% health. Build around +1ing fights using quantum strike for alot of damage. Focus on single attuning and creating space between enemies until you are ready to burst. Use GoEP in air while using quantum strike.

Might-share Support

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEsEWmAbitwcYlY5Kp1uB-z5AXGZWAlmAyOA

Use heal in fire stance then heat-sync to share 14 might stacks. Blast wildfire with dragons tooth and pheonix

@Bamm.6975 said:

@"Mosen.1426" said:I have tried this and Is has been very succesfull.

I can't tell if this one is a joke. It actually looks intersting but you took Masters Fort in Weaver which requires a sword and are using d/d. Might just have to try it myself though.

NO is joke.Master fortitude with dagger and condition damage done 21379 Health without master fortitude 19630 (with sage amulet)

@Bamm.6975 said:

@"Mosen.1426" said:I have tried this and Is has been very succesfull.

I can't tell if this one is a joke. It actually looks intersting but you took Masters Fort in Weaver which requires a sword and are using d/d. Might just have to try it myself though.

Master's Fortitude grans the +120 Vitality no matter if you have a sword or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Padd.1479 said:Yo my man, that's what I'm running. I don't know a lot about ele but to me it seems totally fine to play lightning rod d/f with water instead of arcane :D is it an offence in the ele community?

Nah not an offence but before this patch, running a duel build without Arcane would mean you'd just lose out on so much utility. Elemental Attunement, Evasive Arcana, Arcane shield, etc.. Things you just needed to survive. Now that the meta is a lot slower, you can actually still have a viable duel build without these utility traits.

@Dalo.3941 said:

@"Padd.1479" said:Yo my man, that's what I'm running. I don't know a lot about ele but to me it seems totally fine to play lightning rod d/f with water instead of arcane :D is it an offence in the ele community?

Nah not an offence but before this patch, running a duel build without Arcane would mean you'd just lose out on so much utility. Elemental Attunement, Evasive Arcana, Arcane shield, etc.. Things you just needed to survive. Now that the meta is a lot slower, you can actually still have a viable duel build without these utility traits.

Arcane was also nerfed significantly without having boons on getting hit - which was extremely helpful in many situations.

Also, slow? Play this! Kill or die within seconds!http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgEsEWWAzjpwQYoYZdp22A-z5IeGxLBKYB4mB

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgilZw8YbsRGKWyTWrMA-zZIPjMlAJsAszA

Core LR ele. Gained inspiration from current weaver build. Originally went focus but losing out on dual skills hurt the damage potential so went with d/d. Overall it's a bit less damage, crit for like 5k instead of 6k, but you gain better chase potential by going rune of speed instead of divinity plus having ride the lightning. So far it holds up as a duelist build in gold.

• 7 months later...

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAs2lJw2YjMFGJWsPZpcA-zZwOjCkAZsA8wA

A bunker build for core elementalist. I'm sure you can modify it a bit with tempest specialization instead of air but this is a core build. When using this build, your main goal is to rush to the brunt of battle and dish your almost neglible dps while making sure ppl hit you. I personally like to start with air attunement for movement and switch to earth attunement as soon as a fight begins, use the temporary stability you get to summon an earth elemental. If you want to output some modicum of DPS, get a fire elemental by switching to fire before switching to earth (of course you can just skip air altogether). During your fight, your gonna use the earth element most of the time so be prepared to do very little damage. This build does not give you a lot of health but does give you invulnerability, protection, blocks, etc. When you are using the shield, attune out of earth as quickly as you can into air (or even fire). You're saving up water for healing in an emergency, and since you are gaining protection by the shield anyway, you might as well give yourself the opportunity to switch to earth as a stunbreak if needed. Make sure you use your earth elementals skill anytime you can as it has a short cooldown. As I alluded to earlier, water attunement if gonna help in healing. All you have to do is gain invulnerability through either shield 5, or earth 5 and immediately switch to water. This is usually a last resort but depending on your confidence, you can use it for general healing as well. Your shield 4 can be used to pull some enemies from allies and depending on the enemy, they may latch on to you which is good cause your ally can now do something (dps, support etc). Overall, this build is untested in ranked but I do have a lot of fun with it.

• 2 months later...

Fire Support Tempest (D/F with Radiance, D/W with Dwayna) http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGAFgsFaYZEMLWHzjhij90ZbH-z5AXGZWBdnCiMABasically the metabattle build with my own preferences for playstyle/usage.)

Water Tempest http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGwEYCNssAmHbj1wKx096qtB-z5AXGZWC9mBiMAAimed towards more passive recovery and water fields for allies to blast. Don't get that classic AoE heal but instead overload more often.

Earth Tempest http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGwEYCNssAmHbj1wKxzf6stD-z5AfGZqE6VG4wBAimed towards bullying Renegades and their aggressive abuse towards anyone who hiccups without a block or reflect.

LR Weaver (D/F with Superior Elements, Sw/F with Master's Fortitude) http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGABg2x3lZwGZZMPmJW0XavMA-zZILkMrgeTguDBRGABoth focused on the goal the meta CC Weaver and how it plays. Sword offers more cleaving downs and 1v1ing, but sucks at team fights... Dagger offers more teamfight but less sustain.

Fire Weaver http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZw8YZMJmJOSXAvbA-z5YXGJUARmAOMAFocused towards sidenoding/1v1ing to keep the node busy while staying up. Strong cleanse but sucks against competent players at the end of the day.

• Can use Blinding Ashes instead for more sustain and less might/damage.

I have a lot of builds honestly. A lot. These are just the first few I'd publicly recommend.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't have a PVP build, but I do have a WvW build that I use.

Gear: Full MarshallWeapons: Sword + DaggerRunes: Superior Rune of the PackSigils: Superior Sigil of Strength, Superior Sigil of BattleInfusions: 18 mighty WvW Infusions.Consumables: Bountiful Sharpening Stone, Spherified Peppercorn Spiced Oyster Soup

Traits:Water: Piercing Shards, Flow Like Water, Cleansing WaterAir: Ferocious Winds, Raging Storm, Fresh AirWeaver: Master's Fortitude, Bolstered Elements/Swift Revenge, Woven Stride

Utilities: Signet of Restoration, Primordial Stance, Twist of Fate, Stone Resonance, Conjure Fiery Greatsword

There are some unconventional choices made here. I'll explain them.

There's a triad of synergy here between the Runes of the Pack, Cleansing Water, and Woven Stride. I noticed that this combo was busted over a year ago, but few people know this: the ICD on woven stride applies only for when the trait applies swiftness to yourself upon receiving a disabling condition. All other sources of swiftness will give 3 seconds of regeneration without fail. This works for swiftness you apply to teammates, too. This is where cleansing water comes in: it makes it so you remove a condition every time you get a stack of regeneration. Combine this with the air auto attack (swiftness on the second strike), Rune of the Pack, and Swift Revenge, and the end result is that I autonomously cleanse conditions off of myself at a very rapid rate. Every time I gain either swiftness or regeneration, a condition falls off. The combination of super swiftness, permanent regeneration, and incessant cleansing means that this build is fairly relentless

I do swap around between Bolstered Elements and Swift Revenge quite frequently. The reason being is simple: There's a lot of burst builds out there, and Bolstered Elements is excellent against most things. 1200 Barrier per stance, alongside of a third use of stone resonance for 6.8k more barrier adds a lot of extra health. I'm also sitting on 3 stances with this current setup, so that comes to 8400 barrier from using stances alone. I change these, depending on who's roaming around the camps and what the meta is. If I start encountering a lot of condi builds, then I swap to Swift Revenge to neutralize them and also power through their defenses faster, because a cleansed condition would often have done damage than all of that barrier.

The main advantage to having all of the cleansing be in traits is that it frees up my runes and sigils. I picked the Pack Rune for two main reasons: it gives a lot of stats for a rune set (300, or 525 if you count the boon duration), but also because of the boons it gives. I've already gone over all of the benefits of swiftness, but the other two are pretty big as well. Because this is a marshal set, it is ultimately a hybrid, utilizing both power and condition type damage. As such, I saw it best to stack as much might as possible, since it boosts both types of damage. I get 5 stacks upon entering battle, 5 for my fist attunement swap, and 3 for every fire field I blast (6) and 1 per crit for the remainder of the fight. I can nearly cap might solo on this build, and I frequently cap might if I run arcane instead of air. I quickly boost myself to 1,450 malice and 3,400 power, which is an overwhelming amount of force for a healing build.

The Fury ties in with the most controversial choice in this build: running air. The common builds run fire/arcane, or water/arcane, but there's a few good reasons why I specifically go with air on this one. With Raging Storm the fury is nearly permanent (29/30 seconds), and with peaks of 748 total traited ferocity I get to 200% crit damage. Electric Discharge lets me stack a lot of vulnerability, so much that I frequently cap it against enemies. This synergizes well with Piercing Shards. The final, big, and main advantage is Fresh Air. It is less tangible, but the best way I can describe it's benefit is in DPS availability. Most of Weaver's damage comes from skill #3 on the sword, which is usually a dual skill. Due to attunement recharge rates, the average weaver can only use one of these every 4 seconds. This means that weaver DPS is effectively locked, forcing them to play the long haul in most fights. That is... not ideal when your primary defense comes in the form of barrier.

That is where fresh air comes it. It lets me use DPS skills in surprisingly quick succession. Whereas a normal weaver would probably go

Lava Skin -> Cauterizing Strike -> float about waiting for recharges

I can go

Lava Skin -> Cauterizing Strike -> Pyro Vortex -> Quantum Strike -> faff about

Very quickly. The ability to always go into an air dual skill and immediately follow through with Quantum Strike means I can press an advantage at any point in time. This also gives me access to off-hand dagger skills whenever I need them. There's a lot of multi-hitting skills here, and the pulsing damage from Lava Skin and Primordial Stance means I almost always have a crit somewhere to let me trigger fresh air. They also let me power through blind and aegis fairly easily.

It should be noted, though, that if I am with a small group of people, I will swap out air for arcane. The reason I do this is for Elemental Attunement and Evasive Arcana. This build sits at 1,248 healing power, which is massive even without trait investment. Regeneration and Soothing mist heal for about 430 per second in AoE, and there's further burst healing from water skills. This also acts as a good miniature cleric, since any time I attune to water or air I cleanse a condition due to Cleansing Water. The ability to act like a miniature healer for allies is what makes running Marshal worth it over Marauder.

The utilities are fairly simple. Though I miss Lightning Flash's utility, I've found that most enemies... do not run away from me anymore. They stay and fight. So, I went with Primordial Stance for damage, Twist of Fate to dodge and stun break, and Stone Resonance for Stability and sheer statistical fortitude. I run Fiery Greatsword largely because it changes the nature of the fight. Most players I fight have figured out that sword weaver is forced into melee, so they'll try to control the space with AoEs and keep their distance until my barrier runs out. FGS changes that completely. It gives me ranged attacks, makes me very mobile to chase/escape, and it give me plenty of area denial, and it does a surprisingly high amount of damage. I've lost count of all the fights I've won just because I dropped FGS and powered through their cheap tactics. This also lets alternate water/air attunement very quickly to keep myself healed and spamming vulnerability on an enemy.

That is most of my build choices. I usually sit in earth/fire attunement for lava skin, and for the evade on Earthen Vortex. From there, I will swap attunements depending on circumstance. I.E. if I need to heal I go into water, if I need to chase I go into air, or if I need to do damage I go into fire and start blasting might furiously. The combination of Lava Skin + Earthen Vortex eats the initial attack/CC of most enemies, while also giving me that sweet pulsing damage + barrier. From there, I activate stone resonance + primordial stance, and attack aggressively. My hope is that all of the vulnerability, all of the conditions, all of the pulsing damage and fast attacks will overwhelm my opponents senses, forcing them to either push right into my barrier or belly up and try running away.

The only consistently bad matchup this build has is against thieves. The thief simply has more mobility, more evades, and more accessibility to DPS than I do, and their stealth lets them wait out the barrier. Interestingly, since I am running off-hand dagger and no Lighting Flash, another build that poses a problem is Lich Form Necromancers. Most of my mobility skills are chase skills, so I cannot outrun their ranged spam. These are the cases where I drop the FGS and change the nature of the fight.

Though I talk it up, sadly I am not actually very good at PVP in this game. But, that is for reasons unrelated to this build. I wonder what could be accomplished by a skilled player using this setup.

• 3 weeks later...