Draconic answers are a success, so ANET can add this!!!

Good day.Seeing that the Draconic Response missions work at least "well", and can be bether, I wanted to raise an idea that I have been turning around for a long time (please read a few paragraphs before crucifying it, I will be brief):

Imagine ending the story of the Fractals (in any of its 4 difficulties) and in Lion's Arch, outside the Fractals, another azura appears saying that “it is very unstable to study separate fractals, I have found a new mega-fractal”.

This Azura allows you and your team (from 1 to 5 people) to enter this mega-fractal (a version of the previous Lion's Arch, like another dimension) with all the other maps that already exist (maybe with a filter that makes them look more gloomy and dangerous), but without the NPCs and with an ¡¡insane enemies difficulty!!, that increases as you move away from Lion's Arch …and no Fast Travel Points (no fast travel and no self resurrection).

So, the objective is:Travel in all this public maps, from the center to the edges (increasing the difficulty), fighting against maps full of monsters and bosses of the highest level and difficulty, struggling to go to next map, using all the tools and skills unlocked in PvE, without being able to leave (except to do MvM and PvP, with their respective menus), having to plan strategies, build groups, meeting other players who try survive, to reach the edge. A true adventure that can take days, organizeing teams or meeting new allies.

In this way:

• With a minimum of extra programming, ANET can recycle ALL maps, but expanding a lot of content and a new mode (already tested in a small version).
  • If your entire team dies, they have to start over from Lion's Arch (they can revive each other, if at least 1 survives).
  • You have to advance in extreme difficulty, and with a real challenge, but with great rewards.
  • If you exchange characters within the mega-fractal, they appear in the same place as the previous one (without affecting the exploration of the PvE map of each character), allowing to reformulate the strategies and functions in the team. Upon exiting the mega-fractal, each character returns to where it was.
  • Meals, armor repair, potions and teamwork take on real importance, having to stock up before starting.

Extras (they are only alternatives to consider, do not condemn the original idea if you do not like one):1) Clan War:

In this mega-fractal there can be PvP zones where only members of the same clan and group are allies, the others compete for loot and events (giving meaning to GUILD Wars).1.2) There may be floating fortresses that the clans can capture (but that is not easy, that requires cooperation and several days of invasions). Clans can maintain a permanent 1 fortress, which connects to the clan hall and serves as a Fast Travel Point for their members (if your entire group dies they can return to Lion's Arch or the fortress).1.2) You can steal the fortress from another clan, but you have to conquer it and defeat the other clan (in several days of fighting, invasions and destruction of key points).1.3) You can make alliances or clan mergers (temporary or permanent), to share strengths and expand the power of the forces (respecting the extensions and limitations that exist for clans).

2) New world, new events:In this mega-fractal there would not be the same NPCs and other events as in PvE, but they can be recycled and adding new special and high difficulty events.2.1) Small and few "safe zones" can be added, with NPCs that allow teams to "rest", repair armor, make/buy food and potions, etc.2.2) You can create unique bosses and events, which cannot be overcome without a high degree of coordination and teamwork, focused on clans or groups of 1 to 5, which in another game mode could not exist.2.3) Maybe include just some fighting NPCs, who help in combat randomly and with whom to do special missions.

3) Language flags (totally optional):That in configuration there is the option -OPTIONAL, I repeat- to mark 1 to 5 language flags (the default languages ​​of the game), to notify those who see you which of these languages ​​you speak. Those who do not want to make differentiation deactivate the option (they do not see or show the flags), those who look for people of their lenguagecan mark the ones they want (example: in my case, I would mark English and Spanish, to denote that I understand both).

I don't even know why I bother to answer, the biggest "argument" most odf you give is:Your idea is bad for "pretext that has nothing to do with the post or far-fetched nonsense that is irrelevant or asquing by something written textual in the publication!"

The idea is there, don't you like it? "Surprise!", that is how they did not like (and you insulted and discredited the ideas of) the mounts, the "flying" mounts (actuals skyscale), optimizing supp of the Thief (arts of the shadows), optimizing the Inspiration of the Illusionist, nerf the Scourge, aquatic mount, etc., but now all that exists in the game.(You can still see several of those in my profile ...the ones that DID NOT DELETE due to insults from the community, "thanks again")

What happens is that you always have to throw down the ideas of others, without bothering to read (I saw only 1 person who read well ...and he gave solid arguments and critics), and that is ...the most of you are just horrible people, is everything.

PS: I don't bother to answer any more.

@"Aavataris.5720" said:Seeing that the Draconic Response missions work very well

They don't work very well though.

This Azura allows you and your team (from 1 to 5 people) to enter this mega-fractal (a version of the previous Lion's Arch, like another dimension) with all the other maps that already exist (maybe with a filter that makes them look more gloomy and dangerous), but without the NPCs and with an ¡¡insane difficulty!!, that increases as you move away from Lion's Arch …and no Fast Travel Points (no fast travel and no revival).

So, the objective is to travel in all this maps (public), from the center to the edges (increasing the difficulty), without being able to leave (except to do MvM and PvP), having to plan strategies, build groups, meeting other players who try survive, to reach the edge. A true adventure that can take days, organizeing teams or meeting new allies.

That sounds incredibly boring. Can you even imagine how the maps of this game would feel if they had no NPCs, no events (since they require NPCs) and are just boring empty lands. I guess in this "mode" of yours you wouldn't be able to use a mount either, or swiftness of any kind, or use a Thief, because you know a clever player could reach "the edge" (as you call it) without ever fighting anything. So much for "insane difficulty" and "organizing / planning".

• If your entire team dies, they have to start over from Lion's Arch (they can revive each other, if at least 1 survives).

How would a team die though? What would the objective of this mode be?

• You have to advance in extreme difficulty, and with a real challenge, but with great rewards.

What you describe is not a real challenge, nor extreme difficulty, it's real boredom and extreme tediousness. It might've looked great in your mind before you typed it, but seeing your suggestion written makes me only fall asleep.

• Meals, armor repair, potions and teamwork take on real importance, having to stock up before starting.

Starting... what? As I asked above, what's the objective? What does "Travel in all the maps" even mean?

@Aavataris.5720 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

wow, 10 seconds to answer and forcefully ask negatively ¬¬Yes, they work, at least "well"

This is not "forcefully asking negatively", it's just that there's quite a bit that's wrong with DRMs, you can read up on this in multiple places on this forum if you care enough. Suddenly claiming that they were a success is nothing more than your opinion. And so is mine that they're not a success.

• Confused 1

@Aavataris.5720 said:

@Aavataris.5720 said:Seeing that the
Draconic Response missions work very well

Read everything again (learn to read, the better), the idea is to reach the outer maps (their mega-fractal versions), fighting and overcoming bosses in very high difficulty. EVERYTHING you said has nothing to do with it, and you make up a lot of things that have nothing to do with it (it is not a speed race, the mounts have nothing to do with it and hopefully if they are used in this mode, it is a series of combats taking advantage of all the current maps in maximum difficulty).

How unpleasant that you made up anything (that I DIDN'T SAY) just to find defects where there were none.

I read everything just fine. You should explain your idea more, what does

fighting and overcoming bosses in very high difficulty.even mean? What bosses exactly?

EVERYTHING you said has nothing to do with it

What I said was a response to what you wrote in your opening post, based on what it explained (or rather what it didn't, as there wasn't much in it) as I'm no mind reader I can't possibly know what's in your mind and what you actually mean. Only what I read. If you had something else entirely, than what I said, then you should take some time to flesh out your suggestion, instead of complaining that I made up anything (which I didn't)

@Aavataris.5720 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

And faced with a new mode (which, yes, it can come with its defects, but still they work and can work better) you choose to see the negative side...even more, comment negative, at 10 seconds of the publication and without reading the rest, just for being negative.

Yes, it is forcibly negative, and annoying ¬¬

I see the initial biased statement that -in my eyes- is based on pretty much nothing, so I don't see the reason not to question it. If it's not based on nothing, then how exactly are they "a success" and how are they "working well"? Have you read the feedback threads about them? Or are you just closing off yourself from any comments that disagree with your opinion, so it's immediately "forcefully negative" and that's what you'll respond to every other post as well?

You want pvp zones to fight over? How about entering wvw?You want something similar with progressively capturing further/deeper zones in pve against mobs? Then... you know... drizzlewood? DS?Instead this thread pretends that taking existing content, making it instanced and more limited in regards of who can enter it is the direction this game should go in. Highly doubt it is.

• Confused 1

Reading your idea, from my interpretation of it. You basically want to change every map in the game into a T4 fractal or a Raid. (1-5 man).

First issue I have with this is how can you have multiple groups of 5 in these suggested variations of vanilla maps. When comparing them to fractals you have to remember that they are supposed to be instanced content. With your ideas for PvP in them it would be more like a wvw map with groups being in factions.

To the PvP I’d say a hard no. ANet has said multiple times they have wvw and PvP for that. They do not want open PvP in the PvE maps and many people in GW2 agree with that. Of course there are people that would also like to have PvP zones or versions of PvE zones with PvP. I am a person that does not want pvp in PvE unless it is WvW.

Your basic idea would just be a hard mode PvE map with PvP thrown in. I would have to say no to this. Especially since each instance of an alternate map would take up more space on the servers for the few people that want to play hard mode.

Also please try and be civil. We are simply stating our opinions on what you have presented and it would be helpful if you explained some of your ideas more so that those that are commenting will know more of what you are trying to put forward.

And my apologies if I have misinterpreted your initial post. If you could explain some more it would be helpful.

Bleh ignore the negative feedback. This is a good idea, though I'd present it in maybe a simpler format:

1. Yes, a new type of asura portal near fractals that is a mega fractal, pretty much alternate reality of Tyria where there are no waypoints and you progress outwards into Central Tyria maps that are full of insanely difficult combat encounters.
  2. These combat encounters don't even need to be elaborate new metas or anything, just replace normal mobs with insanely difficult mobs. Anet could even take the easy route on this and simply bolster up the stats of normal mobs. IE: you walk out into Queensdale and a boar charges you and 1shots you into downstate. Of course it would be cooler if Anet took the time to make it sort of like "The Upside Down" of Tyria, with a dark world theme like from Stranger Things, and all of the mobs are just weird strange random demonic fractal creatures that are insanely difficult to deal with.
  3. Of course drops and drop rates would be increased from these creatures.
  4. If your party full wipes, you have to respawn in LA again. There are no way points.
  5. Old World Bosses like Shadow Behemoth or the Fire Shaman would be insanely jacked up difficulty. Everything they do should hit like a raid boss. Anet wouldn't even need to change or add mechanics, just jack up the statistical attributes of these old bosses. Some of those things would be very difficult if they hit like a raid boss and you only had 5 dudes to deal with them. Then the drops for these insane hard mode bosses should be well worth it. I'm talking chances of finding Black Lion Keys, stuff like that.

@Aavataris.5720 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:

Say what you want, but you are still the one 10 seconds after the publication is made, I immediately look for the negative, looking badly at a new mode (which obviously has its flaws, but it is still good and fun) and blinded to being forcibly negative with it.

I already answered to that in the post you're responding to (but actually NOT responding to):I see the initial biased statement that -in my eyes- is based on pretty much nothing, so I don't see the reason not to question it. If it's not based on nothing, then how exactly are they "a success" and how are they "working well"? Have you read the feedback threads about them? Or are you just closing off yourself from any comments that disagree with your opinion, so it's immediately "forcefully negative" and that's what you'll respond to every other post as well?

Notice how you keep dodging and insulting anyone that has a view differentiating from yours.

shhhh, h@ter, don't try to victimize yourself

...how am I "trying to victimize myself"? Throwing out random buzz words doesn't really work as well as you apparently think. And you can try and provoke me with your insults however long you want, but that also won't work. :(

• Confused 1

@"ElijahFitzroy.5762" said:

1) That is why it is necessary that they be PvP ZONES and not the entire map.

2) PvP is an optional and extra, but aimed at finally materializing the GUILD wars, in a way that does not interfere with the rest.

3) Yes, it takes up more instance space, which would be minimal. No more than what each instance of the new game modes occupies.In addition, it is not a PvP + PvE, it is mainly a PvE of increased difficulty and in cooperative survival mode and with areas focused on clan warfare.

4) with you I could be "civilized". With the previous 2 who immediately commented on something negative and / or inventory things just to tear down the idea, I will not be "civilized".

Thank you for your comment and indeed try to dialogue, do not seek to be negative

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

1. Yes, a new type of asura portal near fractals that is a mega fractal, pretty much alternate reality of Tyria where there are no waypoints and you progress outwards into Central Tyria maps that are full of insanely difficult combat encounters.

Can you provide an example of how that's going to work? Once you use that portal, where will you end up? How exactly are you gonna "block" players from moving about and ignoring fights? Open World maps aren't simple one path maps like in Fractals or Raids, they are large and expansive. There are no "blocks" in place, like bosses to kill in order to open up a new path. Let's say I'm in Queensdale, outside Divinity's Reach, and want to reach the portal leading to Kessex Hills, how are you gonna stop me?

@"maddoctor.2738" said:

I read everything just fine. You should explain your idea more, what does

fighting and overcoming bosses in very high difficulty.even mean? What bosses exactly?

"very high difficulty" is very subjective. There is content that I find highly difficult which others might breeze through.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Can you provide an example of how that's going to work? Once you use that portal, where will you end up? How exactly are you gonna "block" players from moving about and ignoring fights? Open World maps aren't simple one path maps like in Fractals or Raids, they are large and expansive. There are no "blocks" in place, like bosses to kill in order to open up a new path. Let's say I'm in Queensdale, outside Divinity's Reach, and want to reach the portal leading to Kessex Hills, how are you gonna stop me?

Hrm, I'd imagine the easiest implementation would simply be a closed instance for the 5 players. I have no idea how much additional server power Anet would need in this situation.

When they use the portal they would immediately appear in that same position on the other side of the portal, in the upside down Lion's Arch, and they can take the portal again to leave.

Blocking players from map access could be as easy as removing the portals that would normally take the players to other maps, until they kill some designated boss which would open the portal or maybe they must "vanquish" the area first before the portals would open, like in GW1. So the idea is you load into upside down LA and you have to kill EVERYTHING in LA before the north and south portals open to be able to travel to either Genderran or Bloodtide. You could even put a timer on how long the party has to be able to kill the things in the map as to force a bit more of a challenge. Each map could get progressively more difficult and as such, rewards also get better.

Or alternatively, the party could select the desired level of difficulty which would reflect drop potential. Are you familiar with how Diablo 3 worked with its torment difficulty scale? Anet could use something like that. Let's say that when the party loads into upside down LA, they get to select a scale of difficulty that would reflect the already existent agony and instability scales of 1 to 100 fractals. But.... with the upside down LA, let's say that the fractal scale could be selected up to 200. So we are looking at an open world exploration farm fest for drops, that is the equivalent of T8 fractals, having something like 6x instabilities active all at once. Probably would need to require players to have something like 250 AR to even begin to step into a scale 200, which likely would demand having unlocked things like Fractal God, while having some of the most expensive +AR infusion bonuses possible.

Hey! it'd be something new to do.

@"kharmin.7683" said:

That would address it from 2 sides:

1) Increase the stats of the bosses, yes, but also take advantage of the fact that it is a "fractal" to abuse AR ... increases the difficulty requiring more resistance to agony the further they move away from Lion's Arc.

2) Take advantage that there is a range of bosses in the game and these mix or increase them. This already requires combat mechanics and team combinations, in this way, the difficulty varies depending on how the team is combined to face a difficulty (and events, if added).

The idea is, exactly, to leave this point open, since it is a whole new world where to implement what already exists, but raising the base stats and the need for AR ..."imagination is the limit"

@"maddoctor.2738" said:What you describe is not a real challenge, nor extreme difficulty, it's real boredom and extreme tediousness. It might've looked great in your mind before you typed it, but seeing your suggestion written makes me only fall asleep.

Not to mention that the "difficulty" or "challenge" isn't the goal here, just the great rewards. As per the usual with people who have something to prove, they need something to flaunt. The tediousness is just so other people wouldn't be willing to go through with it.

Perhaps it is even simpler: Use the same instances as now, public and with a certain limit of players , but change the rules for filling in the maps for those in "mega-fractal" mode .

Basically, loading each map instance (where they exclusively find mega-fractal players, obviously) with other events, enemies and NPCs, keeping the extra load charge to a minimum. In that case, the biggest difference would be that the minimum number of instances of each map would be 2 and not 1 XD

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Blocking players from map access could be as easy as removing the portals that would normally take the players to other maps, until they kill some designated boss which would open the portal or maybe they must "vanquish" the area first before the portals would open, like in GW1.

That's not how vanquishing worked in GW1, there were no "portals" you could leave a zone any time you wished.So this idea is a boring "skip to the boss", "kill the boss", "get rewards", "open portal to next map", rinse and repeat. Just mindless mob killing in open world maps fighting so called "insane difficulty" enemies. What makes Fractal CMs and Raids challenging is the fact that bosses have mechanics and require teamwork. The OP stated:

With a minimum of extra programming, ANET can recycle ALL maps, but expanding a lot of content and a new mode (already tested in a small version).

If every open world boss, or at least those required to open up the portals to the next zone, must have entirely new mechanics, then the idea of "minimum extra programming" goes out of the window. And since Anet releases Strike Missions and Fractals so rarely and Raids are dead, I don't think it's reasonable to assume they'd invest so many resources to "upgrade" (or rather create from scratch) so many ex-open world bosses. And that's to actually be challenging, just increasing their health and damage isn't "challenging", it's tedious. Doesn't really deserve any extra rewards

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:What you describe is not a real challenge, nor extreme difficulty, it's real boredom and extreme tediousness. It might've looked great in your mind before you typed it, but seeing your suggestion written makes me only fall asleep.

Not to mention that the "difficulty" or "challenge" isn't the goal here, just the great rewards. As per the usual with people who have something to prove, they need something to flaunt. The tediousness is just so other people wouldn't be willing to go through with it.

Indeed. When someone goes out of their way to repeat "challenging", "insane difficulty" but provides zero ways of how to accomplish this (other than extra health, extra damage, and addition of higher agony damage) then you are probably right

@Yggranya.5201 said:

Not to mention that the "difficulty" or "challenge" isn't the goal here, just the great rewards.

Eh I don't know about that man. I come from a different era of gaming I guess. I like to have things in games that are challenging and fun to smash around in, even if I don't care about the reward. A good example is how I'll go in and run T4s or teach CMs to people just because I'm looking for something to do to burn some time. Sometimes the gaming really is just about the gaming and running some build that you thought up that feels good to play. But again, things get boring if things are too easy and you've ran the content so many times. A big massive upside down Central Tyria is A LOT of content to play in before that would get boring. Sometimes the best reward is just knowing you and your buddies went in and were able to complete it. Kind of like when you beat Mike Tyson in the original Mike Tysons Punch Out for the first time, always a personal milestone for any gamer.

By the way, the intention of this is that if it is a challenge, that not everyone can achieve it on a daily basis (as with most events in the game) and that it is worth a new experience:

Survival mode, co-operative, applying what was previously achieved in PvE and fractals (and, perhaps, not forced, improving the clan experience ...to a true clan war)

If the idea of "challenge" and "difficulty" for someone is about increasing mob stats, like health and damage, they are free to play in the current open world maps with white gear, or no gear at all. I personally find damage sponges that deal big damage not be challenging, or fun, I'd rather be challenged by actual mechanics. But I guess anyone can have their own opinion on the subject.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Blocking players from map access could be as easy as removing the portals that would normally take the players to other maps, until they kill some designated boss which would open the portal or maybe they must "vanquish" the area first before the portals would open, like in GW1.

That's not how vanquishing worked in GW1, there were no "portals" you could leave a zone any time you wished.So this idea is a boring "skip to the boss", "kill the boss", "get rewards", "open portal to next map", rinse and repeat. Just mindless mob killing in open world maps fighting so called "insane difficulty" enemies. What makes Fractal CMs and Raids challenging is the fact that bosses have mechanics and require teamwork. The OP stated:

With a minimum of extra programming, ANET can recycle ALL maps, but expanding a lot of content and a new mode (already tested in a small version).

If every open world boss, or at least those required to open up the portals to the next zone, must have entirely new mechanics, then the idea of "minimum extra programming" goes out of the window. And since Anet releases Strike Missions and Fractals so rarely and Raids are dead, I don't think it's reasonable to assume they'd invest so many resources to "upgrade" (or rather create from scratch) so many ex-open world bosses. And that's to actually be challenging, just increasing their health and damage isn't "challenging", it's tedious. Doesn't really deserve any extra rewards

Dude you can turn it down a notch. I didn't claim vanquishing in GW1 opened portals. I said the idea could be to vanquish the area before you progressed, which means you have to kill everything, every single creature. And if there was a time limit on the vanquish, you'd need to seriously spend time charting routes through each map that the 5 players would divide into to be able to actually achieve clears under those limits. You're also looking at how some mobs/bosses wouldn't be able to be handled by 1 person or maybe not even with 2. In some situations the players may need a full 5 man regroup to deal with say a Champion Troll Spawn. So these planned routes wouldn't be so easy and it would require a great deal of team play and coordination of when to split to cover more ground and when to regroup.

The most fun part about this, is that you could toggle and use several different builds during these vanquishes, rather than just a single T4 meta fractal build. We'd be looking at toggling between map explore builds like a P/P Deadeye or anything else that was highly mobility highly self sufficient vs. when you regroup with your team, then use templates to swap to some role that obviously functions better when you're regrouped with your HB and Alac. Then of course even the HB and the Alac is swapping to DH or some otherwise self sufficient build when he has to split to cover an area himself for the sake of time during the vanquish as well.

I'm telling the idea he presented in this thread is a good idea and could go very deep, providing a lot of extra content and "fun stuff to do with your guild" with minimal programming/coding required on Anet's part. I mean this is essentially just recycling old content with tweaked numbers.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Not to mention that the "difficulty" or "challenge" isn't the goal here, just the great rewards.

Eh I don't know about that man. I come from a different era of gaming I guess. I like to have things in games that are challenging and fun to smash around in, even if I don't care about the reward. A good example is how I'll go in and run T4s or teach CMs to people just because I'm looking for something to do to burn some time. Sometimes the gaming really is just about the gaming and running some build that you thought up that feels good to play. But again, things get boring if things are too easy and you've ran the content so many times. A big massive upside down Central Tyria is A LOT of content to play in before that would get boring. Sometimes the best reward is just knowing you and your buddies went in and were able to complete it. Kind of like when you beat Mike Tyson in the original Mike Tysons Punch Out for the first time, always a personal milestone for any gamer.

Everything get tedious with repetition. If it didn't, a single raid would keep a game alive forever, and obviously "challenge" doesn't make it last any longer. If raids gave no rewards, i doubt many would do them, which is an achievement considering how miniscule the amount of people who participate in raids is already.

And you can stuff the "i came from a strange era" trite, since i've played games for around 30 years.