Q: Unfinished Azure/Crimson Dragon Slayer weapons

If you have one or multiple of the weapons in your inventory, you gain a special action key while fighting a Dragon Response Mission end boss. Using the special action key will upgrade the weapon to its finished form, in fact all of them at once.

The the 2 different types of DRM final bosses, Primordus or Jormag, are coresponding to the two types of new dragon slayer weapons. Use the correct mission for either weapon type.

@Cyninja.2954 said:If you have one or multiple of the weapons in your inventory, you gain a special action key while fighting a Dragon Response Mission end boss. Using the special action key will upgrade the weapon to its finished form, in fact all of them at once.

The the 2 different types of DRM final bosses, Primordus or Jormag, are coresponding to the two types of new dragon slayer weapons. Use the correct mission for either weapon type.

Nice to know you can upgrade more then one each time.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:The the 2 different types of DRM final bosses, [...]

So, and that was my question, they have to be used against the final boss of a corresponding DRM - those are the ones referred to as "
new
icebrood champions"?

Exactly.

The wiki has also been updated accordingly already (not by me, don't want to steal credit here).

Use  Unfinished Azure Dragon Slayer Axe in a Dragon Response Mission where you fight Jormag's champions and use the special skill  Slash Dragon Forger on the champion while the Defiance bar is broken.

Just for reference sake, one of the first (maybe first) reddit posts on this topic by guild Jen:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/llbp99/unfinished_crimsonazure_dragon_slayer_weapons/with guide on her website:https://guildjen.com/2020/11/17/champions-achievements-guide/

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:The the 2 different types of DRM final bosses, [...]

So, and that was my question, they have to be used against the final boss of a corresponding DRM - those are the ones referred to as "
new
icebrood champions"?

Exactly.

Well, it did not work against Ryland, no matter how often I pressed the Special Action key, and I was standing right next to him. :( So the key to this is breaking the defiance bar, which we all know is not a thing in the Snowden Drifts mission.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:The grind (or price if you buy on TP) for these 2 sets in insane

Aren't the Azure/Crimson sets account bound? :o I just finished 3 of them, and they cannot be sold at the TP.

I mean either you farm ores from DRM and refine them into ingots, or you directly buy ingots (which are sellable) from TP.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:10 ingots/weapon is a crazy amount!

Yup, you're right, my bad.But I still think it's a very high amount considering you can only get 2 ores per DRM (with new mastery, 1 without) plus 6 from daily.

• 1 month later...

I don't know what I am doing wrong here. I have both the Azure and Crimson "unfinished" longbows. I've gone into multiple DRMs, both public and private, and tried to us the "ability" against the final bosses at the time their defiance bar breaks. But nothing ever happens. No"finished" weapon comes as a result!

I haven't been able to "finish" a weapon no matter which DRM or boss I am fighting for the past two weeks. Did something change or break in the DRM? I've finished three weapons previously and now have 5 more and can't seem to finish them anymore no matter now many times I use the SAK after the defiance bar is broken.