Price fixing in Market Mystic Coins

Is Anet going to do something about this BLATANT price fixing. This is making an unfair experience to everyone that doesn't have DEEP pockets. A few of the top, Pieces of unidentified gear, all three flavors and this one is beyond unacceptable... Mystic coins. I think you should put a cap on these prices, so they can't be sold higher(which is only fair since it is unfair right now) or find what guild or group of people doing this and suspend their accounts. I have never been on to complain, but come on, I just want an even playing field like everyone else. Mystic coins LOCKED at 2G-420073 ordered. This isn't a supply and demand issue.

• Like 1

I agree that something needs to be done. Its blatant market manipulation by 1 or 2 guilds with very rich players (i.e. hundreds of thousands of gold).

This is harmful to the game in the long run. A new player would instantly be turned off by this if they wanted to go for a legendary. It puts what is already a daunting task for many players even further out of reach. Many may not find it worth the effort and leave the game. People need long term goals like this to stay invested in the game but they need to be reasonably within reach. The carrot on the stick approach only works if the person chasing the carrot actually believes they can get it.

A price of 2-3 gold is not fine. You need around 500 for gen 2 legendaries. That's over 1k gold JUST for the coins.

Even if you feel like 2-3 gold is fine, at what point does it start to become a problem? Because it can/will reach 3-5 gold before you know it given the manipulation we are seeing right now.

• Like 1

@Will.9785 said:I agree that something needs to be done. Its blatant market manipulation by 1 or 2 guilds with very rich players (i.e. hundreds of thousands of gold).

This is harmful to the game in the long run. A new player would instantly be turned off by this if they wanted to go for a legendary. It puts what is already a daunting task for many players even further out of reach. Many may not find it worth the effort and leave the game. People need long term goals like this to stay invested in the game but they need to be reasonably within reach. The carrot on the stick approach only works if the person chasing the carrot actually believes they can get it.

A price of 2-3 gold is not fine. You need around 500 for gen 2 legendaries. That's over 1k gold JUST for the coins.

Even if you feel like 2-3 gold is fine, at what point does it start to become a problem? Because it can/will reach 3-5 gold before you know it given the manipulation we are seeing right now.

Then do leyline anomaly daily the daily mystic forger when up, fractal cms and save your login coins untill you get your coins.

• Sad 1

@"Will.9785" said:I agree that something needs to be done. Its blatant market manipulation by 1 or 2 guilds with very rich players (i.e. hundreds of thousands of gold).

From time to time I have had my own grumps about market manipulation, particularly back when sigils of nullification were necessary for progress on the Jahai achievements. At that point there was easily identifiable market manipulation when the entire stock on the TP being sold for a few silver each were bought up and then resold for multiple gold each. Personally I think that is a failure on the design part of Anet in setting the up a scenario that could and would be exploited. So I can sympathize with the sentiment, but let's look at this critically. Is there actually data that demonstrates that there IS "blatant market manipulation"? Can we find on Mystic coin price history evidence that can objectively lead to that conclusion? Conversely, to prove market manipulation, we would also need to disprove the simplest and easiest possible cause: supply & demand.

Is it possible that with the now aging announcement of Legendary Armory that the demand for coins has gone up as more people (of whom I confess I am one) are making more legendary equipment, while the supply has not gone up appreciably?

One way to increase your own personal supply of mystic coins is to have multiple accounts and make sure you log on to each daily, and at least do the mystic forger daily across all accounts when it comes up.

*edited for typo & clarity

@Will.9785 said:A new player would instantly be turned off by this if they wanted to go for a legendary.this is is not true. For most aprox 50% legs you don't need MC at all. If some one want speed up and get fast mystic clover per 5 minutes - let him pay.I craft mostly ALL T1 legendary weapons, and don't buy for them any mystic coins. Also I don't buy coin for all legendary sets. Clover I get from fractals, where I spend mc from my dayli and dayli anomaly, and clover I get from pvp/wvw, and from drizlewwod pve track. Also all leg ring, amulet, and other accessory also done. Without any other source of MC. I only sell it sometimes :))

It puts what is already a daunting task for many players even further out of reach.If someone can't do craft item per day - this is not reason panic

People need long term goals like this to stay invested in the game but they need to be reasonably within reach.

so we have it!!!

The carrot on the stick approach only works if the person chasing the carrot actually believes they can get it.the carrot is easy accessible.

A price of 2-3 gold is not fine. You need around 500 for gen 2 legendaries. That's over 1k gold JUST for the coins.so that the problem?? this is only 1k gold? not big sum for gen2 LEG

Even if you feel like 2-3 gold is fine, at what point does it start to become a problem?

Because it can/will reach 3-5 gold before you know it given the manipulation we are seeing right now.As I say I don't buy it, I get enough per dayli login, anomaly, and others..So in one hand it can be cost 3, 5, 10,15g I not very care. Opposite I sure it is big support for new players.

But if imagine that I need 250 mc from TP the legal and chill price for me is 5000 gold for 250mc, so it is 20 gold for each mystic coin

One thing to consider with with Mystic Coin price hikes is that it deals a blow to all new and developing Guild Halls which still require many hundreds of coins to complete several essential upgrades, especially for WvW enhancements, while things gonna get worse as time pass by.Hopefully we could find an alternative to these requirements.

Mystic Coins price fixing is because they're used in grey-market trades to bypass the 500g transfer limit.

I think one possible solution is to allow players to directly buy Mystic Coins from Fractals, Raids and Strike Missions. Maybe even DRMs. But for this to work they would need an exchange rate far stricter than Obsidian Shards.

Maybe specifically adding them only to Daily/Weekly rewards is the solution.

Part of me wants to see what chaos would ensue if they retroactively added MCs to dungeons. It'd be 2015 all over again! :p

@"Vilin.8056" said:One thing to consider with with Mystic Coin price hikes is that it deals a blow to all new and developing Guild Halls which still require many hundreds of coins to complete several essential upgrades, especially for WvW enhancements, while things gonna get worse as time pass by.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Enhancements#List_of_guild_enhancementsno any mystic coins

Hopefully we could find an alternative to these requirements.let imagine that they are .. 100 mc? 200 mc? welcome on TP. It is cheap for player who play. Don't have time to play ? gems->gold>mc also welcome.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Vilin.8056" said:One thing to consider with with Mystic Coin price hikes is that it deals a blow to all new and developing Guild Halls which still require many hundreds of coins to complete several essential upgrades, especially for WvW enhancements, while things gonna get worse as time pass by.
no any mystic coins

Hopefully we could find an alternative to these requirements.let imagine that they are .. 100 mc? 200 mc? welcome on TP. It is cheap for player who play. Don't have time to play ? gems->gold>mc also welcome.

I believe you never leveled a guild hall:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Objective_Aura_1:_Supply_Capacityhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Objective_Aura_2:_WvW_Experiencehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Objective_Aura_3:_Movement_Speedhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Objective_Aura_4:_Powerhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Objective_Aura_5:_Precisionhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Objective_Aura_6:_Toughnesshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Objective_Aura_7:_Vitalityhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Objective_Aura_8:_Magic_Find

I'm not even including cost for guild traders.

@Will.9785 said:A new player would instantly be turned off by this if they wanted to go for a legendary.New players should not expect legendary items right away. By design, legendary items are supposed to take a significant investment in time. It is during that time when players can accumulate whatever is needed to craft their legendary items, including mystic coins whether that be from obtaining them through game play or by converting gems to gold and purchasing them.

If the desire is so great, they could always purchase gems with real cash and then buy their mystic coins.

@Vilin.8056 said:I believe you never leveled a guild hall:no for me is cheaper buy existing guild, or don't do that at all.

But I still not see any issue. 800 coins? Less than 2k gold? Cheap and fast. Why it should be coast 1 gold??As I say if mc each more that 20g it can be not so very easy. If more that 50g for 1 coin.. I can say, ok - it to big for me too, but may be I don't need that or have another way.

Mc are expensive because people horde them and use them as currency on the black market. To be honest, probably the best thing anet did about this problem is try to increase the drop rate of the ultra expensive items to allow them to appear on the tp. This allow them to be traded for gold. If i wanted to buy a chak off the black market, i would probably have to spend 22 stacks of MC, because gold would not be accepted because of the gold cap. If people could easy buy these items from the tp, gold would have more demand than mc and the price would go down as people sold off their mc to get gold.

Ok.. then raise the cost of precursors for gen 1 legendaries. They are significantly lower cost today then they were three years ago.

The cost of a gen one legendary continues to drop. Despite the rise in mystic coin prices.

• Farm gold, buy them.
  • Do WvW skirmish tracks to get 6 a week.
  • Do the mystic coin daily event

That’s.. what, just from playing around 75 per month that actually don’t cost money....

4 months you have more than a stack. In 7 months you have two stacks.

If you want it faster, but it.