Draconic answers are a success, so ANET can add this!!!

"Since ANet has developped gamestuff in the past, they should make this second game for me with a GW2 skin, but it's not GW2 since it's full of things and mechanics not found in the game that is actually live.""GW2 is good, but this different game that ANet should develop and call GW2 will be better."

I know, Anet has reinvented parts of the game more than once. But those days are long past. When it comes to playable content, it usually comes down to a test or two, which is of course announced as "the new direction the game will take from now on", and if the content proves as a succsess, which includes gemstore sales of course, Anet will in fact continue. If the tests fail, the conent is abandoned. What you suggest isn't just asking to basically make a new game the size of GW2 inside of GW2, it's also quite a lot of work for them, only to find out whether people will like it or not.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:What you describe is not a real challenge, nor extreme difficulty, it's real boredom and extreme tediousness. It might've looked great in your mind before you typed it, but seeing your suggestion written makes me only fall asleep.

Not to mention that the "difficulty" or "challenge" isn't the goal here, just the great rewards.

Eh I don't know about that man. I come from a different era of gaming I guess. I like to have things in games that are challenging and fun to smash around in, even if I don't care about the reward. A good example is how I'll go in and run T4s or teach CMs to people just because I'm looking for something to do to burn some time. Sometimes the gaming really is just about the gaming and running some build that you thought up that feels good to play. But again, things get boring if things are too easy and you've ran the content so many times. A big massive upside down Central Tyria is A LOT of content to play in before that would get boring. Sometimes the best reward is just knowing you and your buddies went in and were able to complete it. Kind of like when you beat Mike Tyson in the original Mike Tysons Punch Out for the first time, always a personal milestone for any gamer.

Everything get tedious with repetition. If it didn't, a single raid would keep a game alive forever, and obviously "challenge" doesn't make it last any longer. If raids gave no rewards, i doubt many would do them, which is an achievement considering how miniscule the amount of people who participate in raids is already.

And you can stuff the "i came from a strange era" trite, since i've played games for around 30 years.

Everything you guys are saying is as if you had some incentive that we don't know about, to come into threads with good ideas and shoot them down.

Of course everything gets tedious with repetition, but do you know why that is? Things are tedious when one is only valuing what happens at the end of the task. It is tedious to work 8 hours at a job because I just want my paycheck and I want to go home. It is tedious to run my fractal runs each night because I am focusing on working towards the reward of Fractal God Title. It is tedious to organize and run raids because I am focused on legendary armor skins. This is what happens when people are baited into always wanting things, only worried about rewards.

You said you've been gaming for 30 years. Do you not remember what it was like to put in Super Mario Brothers 3 and play it just because it was a fun thing to do? The reason why it was fun is because no matter how good you were, when you hit world 7 and 8, the game was always challenging. There were always ways to try and improve your accuracy or methods of how to beat the game a little bit faster. The last two worlds were always difficult enough to where you could easily mess up and die and kill your time run. It was always just difficult enough to provide a satisfying cerebral experience that required paying attention. The reward wasn't a pot of gold that you could use to buy skins after defeating Bowser, the reward was playing the game and crunching monsters with style.

For some reason there are a lot of people in these GW2 forums that give responses like you two are, just entirely pessimistically focused on these business model like standards that have absolutely nothing to do what how fun something is to play.

@"maddoctor.2738" said:If the idea of "challenge" and "difficulty" for someone is about increasing mob stats, like health and damage, they are free to play in the current open world maps with white gear, or no gear at all. I personally find damage sponges that deal big damage not be challenging, or fun, I'd rather be challenged by actual mechanics. But I guess anyone can have their own opinion on the subject.

My good dude, of course it would be amazing to see an entirely newly designed world with new monsters and new mechanics, like the upcoming EoD expansion is going to be. My purpose in assisting the OP's suggestion here in this thread, was to propose a super easy to configure content recycle that would require a ridiculously small amount of Anet's time invested to be able to do, for what it would be worth to the community. The ideas presented in this thread would just be giving all of the old fractals boys A LOT more to do and aspire towards, concerning utilizing the AR system. If you wanted to bolster the mechanics of monsters during these vanquishes, Anet could give them all permanent Quickness, Alac, Super Speed. That would fundamentally change a lot about how the mechanics felt.

I know you'll come back with some response to make make everything I've said somehow look negative. But I'd like you explain to me how not different it would feel to approach a group or 4 or 5 Cursed Shore zombies, the ones with hammers that knock you down, when they had perma Quick, Alac, Super Speed and jacked up attributes on top of instabilities and AR damage to boot. Tbh it would feel like an entirely different game man.

All of this would also really put build/gear templates to use. Some areas depending on what types of mobs are there and what instabilities are in effect, would greatly encourage if not demand, swapping to different builds to engage the situations in the map. It would be a lot of fun.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Dude you can turn it down a notch. I didn't claim vanquishing in GW1 opened portals.

It's in the part I quoted, that you also quoted:

Blocking players from map access could be as easy as removing the portals that would normally take the players to other maps, until they kill some designated boss which would open the portal or maybe they must "vanquish" the area first before the portals would open, like in GW1.

As I said earlier I'm not a mind reader, I only respond to what's written and that's exactly what you claimed.

The ideas presented in this thread would just be giving all of the old fractals boys A LOT more to do and aspire towards, concerning utilizing the AR system.

What ideas exactly?"Start in LA", "gets more difficult when you move outwards", "will be insanely difficult", "extra rewards", "vanquish like in GW1", "will put the build system to good use", "players will split up", "no waypoints", "back to LA if you die", that's all presented so far, in one sentence.There are no ideas presented so far in this thread, just assumptions and claims. I even specifically asked for an example how would this all work, but alas so far got no answer, just wishful thinking.

Anet could give them all permanent Quickness, Alac, Super Speed. That would fundamentally change a lot about how the mechanics felt.

I'm sure fighting those Moas in Queensdale while they have Quickness, Alacrity and Super Speed is gonna make them super challenging.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Everything you guys are saying is as if you had some incentive that we don't know about, to come into threads with good ideas and shoot them down.Of course the idea seems good to you. That's fine. Not everyone will agree with your assessment.

For some reason there are a lot of people in these GW2 forums that give responses like you two are, just entirely pessimistically focused on these business model like standards that have absolutely nothing to do what how fun something is to play.Because, at the end of the day, Anet is a business that is accountable to their shareholders. Whether or not something is fun to play, in your opinion, is irrelevant. What is relevant is what content can Anet produce that will bring in the largest amount of income/profit. It may well be that your idea has already been discussed at the studio and discounted as being too costly or something that their internal metrics show to be not profitable.

@"Aavataris.5720" said:Good day.Seeing that the Draconic Response missions work at least "well"

i stop here, DRM are a nightmare, boring as fuck.stop saying it's bearable otherwise we risk having this mediocre content again in the future

the rest does not seem necessarily a bad idea to me but impracticable with our community in gw2 which is often limited to wanting to spam 1 in a bus or to do the same pvp mode (cap mode) for 9 years without wanting anything else ^ ^

@OP

Like others who have responded, the description of your idea is very confusing.

How/why is this linked to Fractals at all?

Is it a "team (1-5)" [sounds like instanced?] or "public (meeting other players)" [sounds open-world?], both are mentioned.

One player can do it, yet teamwork, taking days to accomplish it, and fighting beefed-up world bosses are all mentioned.

And, amazingly enough, requires very little work for Anet to implement!

@"kharmin.7683" said:

If you talk about investment (and only from that point of view), then this is the best idea in the world:

• Take what is already done and mix
  • Alter the filling of the maps, leaving the bases intact.
  • Have a lot of new "content", built on updating what has been recycled to a new series of mechanics, cheap to implement and program

PS: To that you add skins, themes and accesses. Ready, for sale

You are totally wrong:It is the same as they do in Fractals now (take an existing map, add new elements from other maps and increase the difficulty, both by AR and by stats).

In fact, it is much cheaper to take existing maps and have enemies already created (under the excuse that it is a Fractal) than to create new maps, with new enemies and stories. It's like Obvious.

P.D .: I can't even believe that your comment has a like, there you see people who want to tear down new ideas just because.

For years I suggested mounts in forums, each time I was insulted and discredited with silly things ...now there are mounts and they work very well.

If your argument is that the community does not allow growth: The community is going to swallow anything as long as it is good, even if before they only insulted and said it would not work.

@"DeanBB.4268" said:

1) Through the use of AR, the difficulty is increased and narrative coherence is saved by using the "fractal" wildcard.

2) The cooperative survival system needs to limit the group on which survival depends, but maintaining an instance is cheaper when multiple players are kept in it. So:

• If your group dies, they start from the beginning or a fortress.
  • You can see other groups, sharing the instance, as well as disarm and arm new groups.

The best of both.

3) This is the survival mode, long games against difficult enemies, advancing as far as possible. In terms of quantity, you can enter alone, but by necessity you will end up aleandote with other players (something that they already demonstrated, if it happens in the Draconic Responses).

4) It is much cheaper to take the base of already built maps and plant on the same enemies already built (with some changes or recombinations), than to have to create new maps, with their own stories, elements, mechanics and rules.

ALL of this can be deduced from the original post.Now explain it "with pears and apples", but it is only a matter of wanting to understand.

Dear OP, this is the most rediculous idea i have read in this forum for a long time.This would be like creating a 2nd game running at the same time for like 8 people world wide who would play this thing.

If you read the forum carefully you will figure that the vast majority absolutley hates the response missions alreadyBuilding huge conetent around them would cause a riot

@kharmin.7683 said:Arguing for/against mounts is significantly different than what is being presented here. I don't believe that to be a fair comparison to support one's argument.

In fact, if it is, it is a perfect comparison:

• You blame the community for not being able to implement the idea.
  • I show you that good ideas that the same community have condemned if they can perform, that it does not depend on it (they always violate the new and in a bad way).

Not to detract from the work involved, but implementing mounts was a massive QoL for everyone who purchased the expansion (which was probably the reason why they were implemented in the first place), but probably not the level of development that would be involved with what is being proposed here which, to be frank, seems to me to be for a niche audience. That's why I don't believe that the comparison is valid.

@"kharmin.7683" said:

It was you who focused on the community being the problem, now I find it cynical and hypocritical to CONVENIENTLY discard an example that proves otherwise...based on the level of production, right? That makes no sense

PS: You made that point (the dependency on the community) and I showed that it is not true with an example (the mounts today do work despite what the community said in past, so you have no argument) ...but: "Ok, werever u say", you insist because conveniently "you don't believe"

DRM are not a success. They are tedious and not fun. And no one does CMs after they made the achievements.

For me the instance should be like old fractals where if you pay attention its easy to do it. Not like the new fractal ones where damage will follow you no matter you will do.

Your idea can be good but not with harder mobs but with clever mobs, with clever mini events clever bosses where higher skills can make a difference. It's easy to deliver mobs with more HP and dmg and make him see you in stealth or make him curb his arrow and hit you every time, whatever side you dodge, but make the mob behave normal and do a challenged content is harder.

Rewards, fractals have also good rewards that's why peoples are farming them. Otherwise peoples will farm the achievements and forget about it like dungeons(some of them are really good), strikes or DRM. All this content wasted because Anet didn't think it thru.

For me the best way to do new instanced content in GW2 is do good fractals and create new rewards for them. Scrap all other instanced content dungeons, raids, strikes, DRMs , use what is good from them to make new fractals, be it mechanics, bosses or rewards.

For years I suggested mounts in forums, each time I was insulted and discredited with silly things ...now there are mounts and they work very well.

If your argument is that the community does not allow growth: The community is going to swallow anything as long as it is good, even if before they only insulted and said it would not work.

At the pvp level, this community wants absolutely nothing new. If you follow this forum, reddit and the competitive players, they want to stick with their minable cap mode and that's it. Guild wars 1 was a very varied game in terms of pvp, we had tons of different modes, the players were open to a lot of things. But on this game it's a disaster, honestly I have never seen that on any mmo I played.The pvp has hardly evolved in 9 long years, never seen it before and it is absolutely not arena's fault

As for the pve, as soon as you mention the word ''challenge'', 90% of players are complaining that guild wars 2 is not made for that ... this partly explains why the raids were abandoned and that there is so few fractals added.the majority of gw2 players want pve which is limited to following a bus and killing motionless bosses without mechanics, it's like that, we have to deal with it or leave this game unfortunately

that's why I told you that your idea is not bad but there is no chance that it happens because of the players.Mounts could be add in the game, because it remains a basic feature that does not require any involvement to improve your skill so the players weren't totally against that

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Good luck with your request.

Since they insults everyone who disagrees them, they'll need it.

As for the actual premise, I would much rather developmental resource be put into something... better. Like actual fractals and revitalizing dungeons.

Yeah, that's kinda why I bowed out now. No longer worth my effort.