EoD elite spec ideas - [Merged]

Kharrus.6015

I think you are too late to feed ideas for new elite specs, they are probably already written in stone for EoD at this time and only someone who has a very solid knowledge of Guild Wars 1 can predict the new Cantha specs. There have been quite a lot of these prediction thread, please don't make more of them.

@Touchme.1097 said:I think you are too late to feed ideas for new elite specs, they are probably already written in stone for EoD at this time and only someone who has a very solid knowledge of Guild Wars 1 can predict the new Cantha specs. There have been quite a lot of these prediction thread, please don't make more of them.

Knowing Anet, it's actually not too late.

The scrapper elite spec for example most likely got entirely reworked just really short of the schedule of them having to present it in the video stream.

@"Touchme.1097" said:... only someone who has a very solid knowledge of Guild Wars 1 can predict the new Cantha specs.

I'm pretty sure knowledge about GW1 cantha is irrelevant to predict the futur e-specs, just like knowledge about GW1 kourna was irrelevant in predicting PoF e-specs. You can more or less make approximative guess about the thematic based on GW1's lore but not much more than that (even that have a high probability to be inaccurate anyway).

I mean, GW2's necromancer's mechanic is already an abheration compared to GW1's lore, how can you expect that a bunch of necromancer taught by joko end up using necromancy in an even more abnormal way after parting from their "master" that now hunt them? I mean, neither shade nor shroud are a thing in GW1.

It doesn't mean that we can't make a guess born out of our own fantasy. Let's see, for the necromancer it could become something like:

Name: Exorcist

Lore: Exorcists is a branch of necromancy that descend from the disciple of the sage Kuonhgsang who sweared to take revenge for their master that was once tricked by the spirits into making the emperor kill all the eldest daugters of the empire in order to cure the emperor's daughter. Exorcists use necromancy to gain dominion over a spirit that they use as their shield and weapon.

Mechanism: Exorcists forsake the shroud, their Life force is bound to a spirit.F1: Shrouded weapon: Forcefully infuse your bound spirit into your weapon, consuming 7% LF every second in order to gain a stack of unblockable every second (You can only retain a single stack from this skill. F1 traits procs whenever you expend a stack. While this skill is active you are considered to be in shroud)F2: Spirit retreat: Make your spirit burst, dealing damage to foes around you while hurling you backward. (LF cost)F3: Lamentation: Make your spirit cry inducing fear into nearby foes.F4: Corrupted bond: Tether yourself to nearby foes, for x seconds whenever you are inflicted by a condition a copy of this condition is inflicted to your tethered foes.F5: Exorcist's balance: Gain health equal to the difference between your health and your spirit life force. If the spirit have less life force than you tranform your health into life force.

@Kodama.6453 said:@"Dadnir.5038"

He wrote "Anyways, I'm curious to hear what everyone else can come up with and if they got better ideas than what I got for Revenant." I think this thread here is intended by him to invite all players to share their ideas for elite specs for all classes, even if he just provided an example for revenant himself.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:Shouldn't this be in the revenant's subforum?I don't mind revenant getting pistol or rifle on it's 3rd elite but does the pistol or rifle need to be ranged?

NB.: The title of the thread is to broad, it should probably be: "weapon idea for revenant's 3rd elite".

Yeah, I just drummed up what could be for Revenant, but couldn't think of what else could be done for the other classes. Sorry for it being so broad though.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:I'm pretty sure knowledge about GW1 cantha is irrelevant to predict the futur e-specs, just like knowledge about GW1 kourna was irrelevant in predicting PoF e-specs. You can more or less make approximative guess about the thematic based on GW1's lore but not much more than that (even that have a high probability to be inaccurate anyway).

I mean, GW2's necromancer's mechanic is already an abheration compared to GW1's lore, how can you expect that a bunch of necromancer taught by joko end up using necromancy in an even more abnormal way after parting from their "master" that now hunt them? I mean, neither shade nor shroud are a thing in GW1.

It doesn't mean that we can't make a guess born out of our own fantasy. Let's see, for the necromancer it could become something like:

Name: Exorcist

Lore: Exorcists is a branch of necromancy that descend from the disciple of the sage Kuonhgsang who sweared to take revenge for their master that was once tricked by the spirits into making the emperor kill all the eldest daugters of the empire in order to cure the emperor's daughter. Exorcists use necromancy to gain dominion over a spirit that they use as their shield and weapon.

Mechanism: Exorcists forsake the shroud, their Life force is bound to a spirit.F1: Shrouded weapon: Forcefully infuse your bound spirit into your weapon, consuming 7% LF every second in order to gain a stack of unblockable every second (You can only retain a single stack from this skill. F1 traits procs whenever you expend a stack. While this skill is active you are considered to be in shroud)F2: Spirit retreat: Make your spirit burst, dealing damage to foes around you while hurling you backward. (LF cost)F3: Lamentation: Make your spirit cry inducing fear into nearby foes.F4: Corrupted bond: Tether yourself to nearby foes, for x seconds whenever you are inflicted by a condition a copy of this condition is inflicted to your tethered foes.F5: Exorcist's balance: Gain health equal to the difference between your health and your spirit life force. If the spirit have less life force than you tranform your health into life force.

To expand a bit on my latest post, I don't think taking a necromancer boss (Kuonhgsang here) as a starting point for an e-spec is the path ANet will take, even if it's possible to twist the lore nicely like I've done. It might not be totally unrelated thought.

In GW faction, there is the concept of "Envoy" which is probably close to what a canthan necromancer should want to become granted how GW2 necromancer's profession is designed. I believe, we could have a lore that goes like:

Envoy lore: Envoy... In the past, Envoys used to be criminal in penance, each nominated personally by the oracle of the mist in order to shepherd dead soul to the after life. Shiro Tagachi's betrayal of this duty changed everything. Criminals were no longer deemed as reliable enough to take on the mantle of an Envoy and, instead, it's been decided that this power would be entrusted to an elite group of necromancers. These new Envoys are now carefully screened, strictly trained and tightly bound with curses intended to punish them if they stray out of their duty.

The way I worded this fictional lore, here, we could have the necromancer using some of it's envoy's skills in the principal plane at the cost of a backlash due to the curses, giving a second breath to the "self harm" skills design. Or you it could become a powerful dedicated minionmaster (afterall shiro, as an envoy, seem to raise and corrupt the deads into afflicted). Or it could end up into a trueblue ritualist, binding spirit to fight their foes and support their allies. The magic here being that we don't know enough about the Envoy powers to create a complete picture of what an envoy would do as an e-spec. (And even if we knew, ranger's druid e-spec truly show that a GW2 druid can be totally different from a GW druid, as long as it can vaguely fit the lore's definition)

@Dadnir.5038 said:To expand a bit on my latest post, I don't think taking a necromancer boss (Kuonhgsang here) as a starting point for an e-spec is the path ANet will take, even if it's possible to twist the lore nicely like I've done. It might not be totally unrelated thought.

I really hope that they will intertwine the new elite specs closely with the Canthan lore. It's one of the reasons I want the engineer elite spec to be a plaguedoctor, since it just works so perfectly well with Canthan history in which the plague ravaged the land and the organisation of the Am Fah, which tried to weaponize it.

Which is also the reason why I thought it would be great to give engineer corruption skills. The Am Fah were experimenting with a powerful, but at the same time harmful, disease to strengthen their men. This could be well represented by giving the engineer corruption skills.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:To expand a bit on my latest post, I don't think taking a necromancer boss (Kuonhgsang here) as a starting point for an e-spec is the path ANet will take, even if it's possible to twist the lore nicely like I've done. It might not be totally unrelated thought.

I really hope that they will intertwine the new elite specs closely with the Canthan lore. It's one of the reasons I want the engineer elite spec to be a plaguedoctor, since it just works so perfectly well with Canthan history in which the plague ravaged the land and the organisation of the Am Fah, which tried to weaponize it.

Which is also the reason why I thought it would be great to give engineer corruption skills. The Am Fah were experimenting with a powerful, but at the same time harmful, disease to strengthen their men. This could be well represented by giving the engineer corruption skills.

I don't disagree with you but all I say is that we do have prejudices about this lore which can mislead us into many many many fantasies. Just the necromancer could have 4 very different e-specs based on the lore of the 4 boss of the single mission of Naphui quarter. Just looking at the concept of "Envoy" for the necromancer can open countless possibilities as well.

The engineer specifically could be based on either the kurzicks (and their walking juggernaut armor), the Luxons (and their weaponized turtles), the Am fah like you said (but also the Jade brotherhood) or something totally different like the Empire agents or even Sailors travelling between Shin Jea and the continent... There is many possibilities. Personally, granted the lore of cantha and the endless wars between kurzicks and Luxons, I'd lean more toward the concept of "sapper" for an engineer because creating such job would have suited the needs of these 2 factions that regularly take outposts from each other more than a "plaguedoctor" concept that could make an area unfit to occupy (poison/chemicals can leave semi-permanent and unwanted environmental scars).

Lore can be twisted and evolved into many directions when it come to e-specs.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:I don't disagree with you but all I say is that we do have prejudices about this lore which can mislead us into many many many fantasies. Just the necromancer could have 4 very different e-specs based on the lore of the 4 boss of the single mission of Naphui quarter. Just looking at the concept of "Envoy" for the necromancer can open countless possibilities as well.

The engineer specifically could be based on either the kurzicks (and their walking juggernaut armor), the Luxons (and their weaponized turtles), the Am fah like you said (but also the Jade brotherhood) or something totally different like the Empire agents or even Sailors travelling between Shin Jea and the continent... There is many possibilities. Personally, granted the lore of cantha and the endless wars between kurzicks and Luxons, I'd lean more toward the concept of "sapper" for an engineer because creating such job would have suited the needs of these 2 factions that regularly take outposts from each other more than a "plaguedoctor" concept that could make an area unfit to occupy (poison/chemicals can leave semi-permanent and unwanted environmental scars).

Lore can be twisted and evolved into many directions when it come to e-specs.

I am biased towards the plaguedoctor, since alchemy is my favourite thematic from the engineer. Also Anet removed alot of chemical warfare when it comes to thematics from the engineer over the years.

The alchemy trait line used to be about aggressive usage of chemicals just as well as the supportive nature of it. Acid coating, acidic elixirs, deathly mixture, etc. All this stuff got removed to reshape alchemy as a purely supportive trait line in the end.I would like these thematics to return and an alchemy based elite spec would be the best way to achieve this.

Also it would fill an interesting thematical niche for the engineer elite specs in my opinion. The hightech and mechanical aspects of their thematics are already covered thanks to scrapper and holosmith. Having the chemical aspects of the class represented in an elite spec would be great in my opinion to give some thematical variety between the specs.

A sapper wouldn't really achieve that in my opinion, it would just be another spec that builds stuff with most likely a mechanical design, just like the scrapper. Hell, even the names are damn close, just a cr is differentiating sapper from scrapper, lmao.

And the part about environmental scars... I think this works perfectly fine for Cantha. Cantha wasn't just Shing Jea, Kurzick and Luxon. A huge part of the map back then has been Kaineng, which already in times of GW1 has been a huge city with overpopulation, slums, and other social problems. I can imagine that Kaineng has grown over the years and became a very "steampunky" and polluted city, tbh.

@"Kodama.6453" said:I am biased towards the plaguedoctor, since alchemy is my favourite thematic from the engineer. Also Anet removed alot of chemical warfare when it comes to thematics from the engineer over the years.

The alchemy trait line used to be about aggressive usage of chemicals just as well as the supportive nature of it. Acid coating, acidic elixirs, deathly mixture, etc. All this stuff got removed to reshape alchemy as a purely supportive trait line in the end.I would like these thematics to return and an alchemy based elite spec would be the best way to achieve this.

Also it would fill an interesting thematical niche for the engineer elite specs in my opinion. The hightech and mechanical aspects of their thematics are already covered thanks to scrapper and holosmith. Having the chemical aspects of the class represented in an elite spec would be great in my opinion to give some thematical variety between the specs.

A sapper wouldn't really achieve that in my opinion, it would just be another spec that builds stuff with most likely a mechanical design, just like the scrapper. Hell, even the names are kitten close, just a cr is differentiating sapper from scrapper, lmao.

And the part about environmental scars... I think this works perfectly fine for Cantha. Cantha wasn't just Shing Jea, Kurzick and Luxon. A huge part of the map back then has been Kaineng, which already in times of GW1 has been a huge city with overpopulation, slums, and other social problems. I can imagine that Kaineng has grown over the years and became a very "steampunky" and polluted city, tbh.

Honestly, I can see plague doctor being a thing for Engineer. Alchemy did take a dive in fairness, but maybe Plague Doctor can rectify that? Also curious if the image used for it will display another Charr or an Asura this time.

@ZarexWolf.5637 said:

@"Kodama.6453" said:I am biased towards the plaguedoctor, since alchemy is my favourite thematic from the engineer. Also Anet removed alot of chemical warfare when it comes to thematics from the engineer over the years.

A sapper wouldn't really achieve that in my opinion, it would just be another spec that builds stuff with most likely a mechanical design, just like the scrapper. Hell, even the names are kitten close, just a cr is differentiating sapper from scrapper, lmao.

Honestly, I can see plague doctor being a thing for Engineer. Alchemy did take a dive in fairness, but maybe Plague Doctor can rectify that? Also curious if the image used for it will display another Charr or an Asura this time.

I agree and I'm not even an engi main. I like the idea so much, that I run around with a Crapper or Core build dedicated to the elixirs and the elixir gun, with double pistols ofc, treating it like a "toxic waste management" type of deal lmao. I even wasted gold for the LS1 backpack which is the injection used in the tower of nightmares, and ofc an aqua breather as to not inhale that gas.

Laughs aside though, I am a difficult player when it comes to playing condi builds, but this spec I would definitely play a lot! Now it's up to each one of us how it will function, what skills and mechanic it will get etc, as long as it's fun.

@ZarexWolf.5637 said:

I am pretty sure that the image will show another Charr.If you are looking at the elite spec images, then they are always represented by the same race for each individual class.

• Engineer | Scrapper | Holosmith: Charr (if they really wanted to change this, they should have picked either a human for holosmith, because the Elonian humans invented the technology, or an Asura, since holosmith uses the Asuran aesthetics)
  • Ranger | Druid | Soulbeast: Sylvari
  • Necromancer | Reaper | Scourge: Asura

You can go on with this for every single class, it is always the same race showcasing the new elite spec. I personally would love to see a Charr wearing a gasmask on the image and wearing the new gloves for the plaguedoctors as well (scrapper got helmet and holosmith shoulders, looking at all the elite spec armor pieces, the next spec should get gloves).

@"Grand Marshal.4098" said:

I agree and I'm not even an engi main. I like the idea so much, that I run around with a Crapper or Core build dedicated to the elixirs and the elixir gun, with double pistols ofc, treating it like a "toxic waste management" type of deal lmao. I even wasted gold for the LS1 backpack which is the injection used in the tower of nightmares, and ofc an aqua breather as to not inhale that gas.

Laughs aside though, I am a difficult player when it comes to playing condi builds, but this spec I would definitely play a lot! Now it's up to each one of us how it will function, what skills and mechanic it will get etc, as long as it's fun.

I do the same, using a condition build that uses elixirs to get buffs. Also am wearing the gasmask skin from LS1 as well as the injector backpack you are using, haha.I really like the chemical aspects of the engineer class, yet there is no elite spec to showcase it really. I would love to see that changed and play as a chemical maniac in endgame content and be viable with it!

@Kodama.6453 said:I do the same, using a condition build that uses elixirs to get buffs. Also am wearing the gasmask skin from LS1 as well as the injector backpack you are using, haha.I really like the chemical aspects of the engineer class, yet there is no elite spec to showcase it really. I would love to see that changed and play as a chemical maniac in endgame content and be viable with it!

Well, all we can do now is hope Anet listens to this and hopefully get this added, could be reconstructed for something else, but as long as we keep the alchemy part, we'll be happy, right? (Though in hindsight, it may become a full on support elite for elixirs to be honest.)

So, I just had a thought, maybe Revenant could get the Legendary Prisoner stance that was used for a certain part of the story, if that's still possible. Not sure what weapons could be chosen, but it'd definitely be interesting. Though, I prefer Scarlet over Joko in all honesty, which could tie into the use of rifles like I mentioned earlier. Sorry if I've been all over the place with this post.

@ZarexWolf.5637 said:So, I just had a thought, maybe Revenant could get the Legendary Prisoner stance that was used for a certain part of the story, if that's still possible. Not sure what weapons could be chosen, but it'd definitely be interesting. Though, I prefer Scarlet over Joko in all honesty, which could tie into the use of rifles like I mentioned earlier. Sorry if I've been all over the place with this post.

Joko.

Legendary Lich Stance. Summons Minions. Uses Scepter.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@ZarexWolf.5637 said:So, I just had a thought, maybe Revenant could get the Legendary Prisoner stance that was used for a certain part of the story, if that's still possible. Not sure what weapons could be chosen, but it'd definitely be interesting. Though, I prefer Scarlet over Joko in all honesty, which could tie into the use of rifles like I mentioned earlier. Sorry if I've been all over the place with this post.

Joko.

Revenant already got summons with the last elite spec, so I don't think minions are really a good choice.

I also would go for a scepter for revenant, but make it Canthan flavoured: Legendary Ritualist, Master Togo as the legend to invoke and the skill type associated with him would be weapon spells!

Basically functions like venoms, you buff allies around you with weapon spells which enhance the next x outgoing attacks.

• Confused 1

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"ZarexWolf.5637" said:So, I just had a thought, maybe Revenant could get the Legendary Prisoner stance that was used for a certain part of the story, if that's still possible. Not sure what weapons could be chosen, but it'd definitely be interesting. Though, I prefer Scarlet over Joko in all honesty, which could tie into the use of rifles like I mentioned earlier. Sorry if I've been all over the place with this post.

Joko.

Revenant already got summons with the last elite spec, so I don't think minions are really a good choice.

I also would go for a scepter for revenant, but make it Canthan flavoured: Legendary Ritualist, Master Togo as the legend to invoke and the skill type associated with him would be weapon spells!

Basically functions like venoms, you buff allies around you with weapon spells which enhance the next x outgoing attacks.

To be honest, I don't think togo had enough of an impact to become a legend. As a GW1 player I'd be very tempted to but that's all.

From my point of view, the next revenant e-spec's legend won't be another human legend. I think a prime candidate for an e-spec would be "Nightmare" with Kanaxai as a legendary Nightmare (which is listed both as a demon and a nightmare). I'd model the e-spec after the mesmer with an inbuilt (Upkeep F skill) way to create a nightmare (clone) based on your current legend that harass your target and/or support your allies. It's skills could be aspects (there is 16 of them to chose from in Kanaxai's instance so there is enough material for ANet to make something) working similarly to Herald's facet but as debuff instead of buff (or each of these skills creating a nightmare with an upkeep). Weapon being Off-hand axe because "kanaxai's flavor".

If I let my fantasy lead me I'd even say that the dreamy aspect of EoD teaser support my claim ;)

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"ZarexWolf.5637" said:So, I just had a thought, maybe Revenant could get the Legendary Prisoner stance that was used for a certain part of the story, if that's still possible. Not sure what weapons could be chosen, but it'd definitely be interesting. Though, I prefer Scarlet over Joko in all honesty, which could tie into the use of rifles like I mentioned earlier. Sorry if I've been all over the place with this post.

Joko.

To be honest, I don't think togo had enough of an impact to become a legend. As a GW1 player I'd be very tempted to but that's all.

From my point of view, the next revenant e-spec's legend won't be another human legend. I think a prime candidate for an e-spec would be "Nightmare" with Kanaxai as a legendary Nightmare (which is listed both as a demon and a nightmare). I'd model the e-spec after the mesmer with an inbuilt (Upkeep F skill) way to create a nightmare (clone) based on your current legend that harass your target and/or support your allies. It's skills could be
aspects
(there is 16 of them to chose from in Kanaxai's instance so there is enough material for ANet to make something) working similarly to Herald's facet but as debuff instead of buff (or each of these skills creating a nightmare with an upkeep). Weapon being Off-hand axe because "kanaxai's flavor".

If I let my fantasy lead me I'd even say that the dreamy aspect of EoD teaser support my claim ;)

Agree with the Togo stuff. He hasn't really done any major thing. His story is too closely tied to Shiro. The noteworthy thing he has done is the peace treaty with the tengu, but that didn't last long and didn't really revolve around his power as a ritualist, but his negotiation skills. So that would end up as a "Legendary Negotiator". That and him being human makes me think he isn't suited to be a revenant legend.

Kanaxai with MH axe used to be one of my guesses some time ago. First, because his lore could be expanded, as we know a revenants power to invoke gets stronger by knowing more about the legend itself (Gorea Halfcut dialogue). Second, he's an "evil" legend and that would balance things out a bit with our current lineup of 4 good ones and 2 evil ones.

But there's problems with it. Unlike Menzies' (another candidate) shadow army he's not a pure nightmare and we already have a demon. The 2nd one would be that apparently he has no connection to the mists as far as we know. With no connection there can't really be a sentient echo, can there?

So they'd have to bring him in line first, lorewise. Or atleast tell use more about his relation to the mists. It also depends if Anet allows another demon. So far we have only gotten legends of completely different races.

More of my candidates:

• Nornbear/Svanir for obvious reasons (GS, MH Axe or MH Dagger)
  • Balthazar (may be too close to "human", and we already have Shiro)
  • Menzies as "Legendary Nightmare" (same problem as Balthazar, may be too closely tied to human)
  • Varesh (Margonite, very unlikely as she's too close to human and Mallyx/demon)
  • Torivos (dual axes, Legendary Envoy, could be a problem since he used to be human in the past)

Out of them Svanir seems to be the most likely. Fits the evil role for balance, is part of a race that isn't represented in the revenants current lineup (Norn) and would fit into a selfish dps role (Glint and Kalla have been more on the supportive side IMO).

@Raknar.4735 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:To be honest, I don't think togo had enough of an impact to become a legend. As a GW1 player I'd be very tempted to but that's all.

From my point of view, the next revenant e-spec's legend won't be another human legend. I think a prime candidate for an e-spec would be "Nightmare" with Kanaxai as a legendary Nightmare (which is listed both as a demon and a nightmare). I'd model the e-spec after the mesmer with an inbuilt (Upkeep F skill) way to create a nightmare (clone) based on your current legend that harass your target and/or support your allies. It's skills could be
aspects
(there is 16 of them to chose from in Kanaxai's instance so there is enough material for ANet to make something) working similarly to Herald's facet but as debuff instead of buff (or each of these skills creating a nightmare with an upkeep). Weapon being Off-hand axe because "kanaxai's flavor".

Agree with the Togo stuff. He hasn't really done any major thing. His story is too closely tied to Shiro. The noteworthy thing he has done is the peace treaty with the tengu, but that didn't last long and didn't really revolve around his power as a ritualist, but his negotiation skills. So that would end up as a "Legendary Negotiator". That and him being human makes me think he isn't suited to be a revenant legend.

Kanaxai with MH axe used to be one of my guesses some time ago. First, because his lore could be expanded, as we know a revenants power to invoke gets stronger by knowing more about the legend itself (Gorea Halfcut dialogue). Second, he's an "evil" legend and that would balance things out a bit with our current lineup of 4 good ones and 2 evil ones.

But there's problems with it. Unlike Menzies' (another candidate) shadow army he's not a pure nightmare and we already have a demon. The 2nd one would be that apparently he has no connection to the mists as far as we know. With no connection there can't really be a sentient echo, can there?

So they'd have to bring him in line first, lorewise. Or atleast tell use more about his relation to the mists. It also depends if Anet allows another demon. So far we have only gotten legends of completely different races.

More of my candidates:
  • Nornbear/Svanir for obvious reasons (GS, MH Axe or MH Dagger)
  • Balthazar (may be too close to "human", and we already have Shiro)
  • Menzies as "Legendary Nightmare" (same problem as Balthazar, may be too closely tied to human)
  • Varesh (Margonite, very unlikely as she's too close to human and Mallyx/demon)
  • Torivos (dual axes, Legendary Envoy, could be a problem since he used to be human in the past)

Out of them Svanir seems to be the most likely. Fits the evil role for balance, is part of a race that isn't represented in the revenants current lineup (Norn) and would fit into a selfish dps role (Glint and Kalla have been more on the supportive side IMO).

Well, I'm saying Kanaxai with the fact that he is part of Cantha's lore. I want to assume that the revenant's legend will have something to do with cantha more than core, nightfall or eye of the north. Apart from Svanir that have nothing to do with cantha, all your candidate are tied to humanity and If it was a spec tied to humanity I'd rather see a legend more meaningful than varesh (which is basically no better candidate than togo), Jadoth would probably be the better candidate.

Personally, my candidates are:

• Kanaxai (obviously)
  • A kraken, Zhu Hanuku (because that would be badass and we fight a kraken in one of faction's mission). ANet could twist the e-spec into something close to norn's racial abilities.
  • An emperor (but it's to closely related to human)
  • A tengu (No idea how it could be twisted nor which tengu would be suitable, thought)
  • Kuunawang or Albrax (But we already have Glint as a dragon)
  • A Naga, Hanasha coralfin (A thematic about revenge and revival. Not sure she would associate herself to humans, thought.)

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:For Rev I think they need a norn (Jora with Greatsword) or an Asura (Vekk with scepter or Focus).

Neither norn nor asura have anything to do with cantha, thought. Sure you can hide a giant ancient asura city there lost for centuries (just like in HoT) but that would be a bit ridiculous. That or something from the futur (since the mists don't really care about the timeline), still the norns hardly have anything to do with cantha, that's just not their domain.

What about a Mursaat? Not Lazarus, but someone like Optimus Caliph. He seemed to have high authority over the mursaat and he is more or less a demi god figure like Lazarus. Mursaat aren't friendly either and we can use this legend to justify Mursaat. maybe with a main hand axe? scepter could work too ofc.

Edit: I'm also sure that Ane t can easily replicate hsi abilities from GW1 to fit the GW2 theme and status. A power-focused magic caster legend ? That would complement Shiro ideally. We lack that type of dps legend i'd say.

@Grand Marshal.4098 said:What about a Mursaat? Not Lazarus, but someone like Optimus Caliph. He seemed to have high authority over the mursaat and he is more or less a demi god figure like Lazarus. Mursaat aren't friendly either and we can use this legend to justify Mursaat. maybe with a main hand axe? scepter could work too ofc.

Edit: I'm also sure that Ane t can easily replicate hsi abilities from GW1 to fit the GW2 theme and status. A power-focused magic caster legend ? That would complement Shiro ideally. We lack that type of dps legend i'd say.

I'd love a mursaat e-spec (in fact I wanted that pre PoF) but mursaats are prophecy (tyria) things not faction's (cantha).