Question about a necromancer ability in PvP

seraph shay.6170

@Shao.7236 said:Your question is too vague. I can't tell if you're asking about Life Force or Barrier.

I don't know how to be more specific. I was tracking my outgoing and incoming damage and I noticed that I was hitting them but all of the damage was getting absorbed so I ended up doing 0 damage to them. I am trying to figure out where its coming from so I can play better but I don't know anything other than that.

@Shao.7236 said:@seraph shay.6170 I'm not aware of anything that can do that outside Warrior or Ranger.

Were you seeing any numbers like 0 or no damage at all? On certain settings stuff like Corrosive Poison Cloud which destroy projectiles doesn't display with other than a red circle while Reaper Shroud 2 can destroy projectiles too.

It tells me the damage I dealt out but that 0 of that damage actually hit them. It might have something to do with shroud, I will have to pay closer attention. I appreciate your thoughts about this!

It's definitely sounds like scourge barrier (battle log says when barrier active it absorbs)

Necromancer has a shroud normally where you get 5 new skills and a second life bar , a scourge do not have a shroud, instead it give it self barrier on his own life bar.So it takes a good amount of time to get rid of the barrier, but if you enaugh dmg he will not be able to get more barrier than you can output dmg so he will die after time

PS when you are interrupting him while he is healing or in general getting him to a stun lock, the scourge will not have a big chance

1. If you are only paying attention to the red health bar, when fighting a necro you are doing it wrong. Shroud replaces health when up. That's the grey/green bar below the red bar.

2. Barrier adds on top of the health, but this isn't a necro thing. Other classes are even better at barrier spamming. So you should have noticed the barrier mechanic in other encounters too.

Pretty sure 1. is your problem.

I'm almost certain it was a Scourge you were fighting. I don't recall the logs ever showing Core Necromancer or Reaper absorbing damage when in Shroud. Barrier, on the other hand, can seem like an ever-present effect depending on your own damage output. If you are spec for survival, your own damage output, whether it is power or condition, may not be high enough to remove their barrier in a timely manner, especially if the Scourge is also spec for survival too. One last thing, the Scourge can only cast 2 applications of barrier while under a hard Crowd Control effect. If not CC, they can cast up to 6 different applications, although most will only spec for 3.