legendary armor / backpack should be swappable (pvp/wvw/pve)

JUN YANG.4328

@Veprovina.4876 said:Same for WvW and PvP armors and backpacks.

I disagree on this. For those you simply have to play WvW/PvP. Raid armor also requires you to remember dozens of things that need to be done in and outside of raids in order to finish your collections - it's a lot more stressful than simply playing a certain game mode.

@Sobx.1758 said:And this is exactly why you won't get them I guess. Not because you actually can't, but because you don't want to put in the effort to get the item/unlock the skin. Not sure why some people think they deserve to have everything by default just because they want it -this is not how it works.You want rewards from x content? Learn and play through x content. This is not a new concept.

:+1:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Same for WvW and PvP armors and backpacks.

I disagree on this. For those you simply have to play WvW/PvP. Raid armor also requires you to remember dozens of things that need to be done in and outside of raids in order to finish your collections - it's a lot more stressful than simply playing a certain game mode.

Yeah, that's why WvW armor requires about 10x the amount of time to make. Which isn't balanced in my opinion because you have TacO, Youtube and all sorts of guides for that armor, the collections aren't that "stressful", come on. But that's why WvW armor takes longer to make.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, that's why WvW armor requires about 10x the amount of time to make. Which isn't balanced in my opinion because you have TacO, Youtube and all sorts of guides for that armor, the collections aren't that "stressful", come on. But that's why WvW armor takes longer to make.

WvW armor lets you just play the WvW content in whatever way you want. "PvE" armor requires you to play PvE in a very specific way, that lies outside of how most PvE players spend time there. The similar case for WvW would be if you could progress WvW armor only by doing one, specific WvW activity (for example, only by capturing red keep on desert borderland, and only limited number of times per week. Or, say, by winning GvG matches in obsidian sanctum arena - again, only limited number of times weekly. Although frankly i am not sure if there even is a WvW activity that would be as niche as raids are for PvE). In that way, current WvW path is vastly superior for WvW players than Raid one for PvE players.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Same for WvW and PvP armors and backpacks.I disagree on this. For those you simply have to play WvW/PvP. Raid armor also requires you to remember dozens of things that need to be done in and outside of raids in order to finish your collections - it's a lot more stressful than simply playing a certain game mode.Yeah, that's why WvW armor requires about 10x the amount of time to make.

And your point being? I merely stated that I disagree that it was "the same" as with raid armor and explained why. Your response is only re-enforcing my point that thers is a huge difference between WvW/PvP armor and Raid armor.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Same for WvW and PvP armors and backpacks.I disagree on this. For those you simply have to play WvW/PvP. Raid armor also requires you to remember dozens of things that need to be done in and outside of raids in order to finish your collections - it's a lot more stressful than simply playing a certain game mode.Yeah, that's why WvW armor requires about 10x the amount of time to make.

And your point being? I merely stated that I disagree that it was "the same" as with raid armor and explained why. Your response is only re-enforcing my point that thers is a huge difference between WvW/PvP armor and Raid armor.

My point is - i said you need to spend a lot of time in "that content" (raids) to even begin to make the armor. And you then said went on to comment on something not relevant like what else you have to do to make it. I was only commenting on time required so...

@Astralporing.1957 said:

WvW armor lets you just play the WvW content in whatever way you want. "PvE" armor requires you to play PvE in a very specific way, that lies outside of how most PvE players spend time there. The similar case for WvW would be if you could progress WvW armor only by doing one, specific WvW activity (for example, only by capturing red keep on desert borderland, and only limited number of times per week. Or, say, by winning GvG matches in obsidian sanctum arena - again, only limited number of times weekly. Although frankly i am not sure if there even
is
a WvW activity that would be as niche as raids are for PvE). In that way, current WvW path is vastly superior for WvW players than Raid one for PvE players.

I know, i just said that's the reason why it takes longer. Because you "just do it" by playing, no collections, no nothing. The time gates are a bit "meh", they shouldn't be THAT severe but whetever, at least you don't have to do anything else.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"Astralporing.1957" said:WvW armor lets you just play the WvW content in whatever way you want. "PvE" armor requires you to play PvE in a very specific way, that lies outside of how most PvE players spend time there. The similar case for WvW would be if you could progress WvW armor only by doing one, specific WvW activity (for example, only by capturing red keep on desert borderland, and only limited number of times per week. Or, say, by winning GvG matches in obsidian sanctum arena - again, only limited number of times weekly. Although frankly i am not sure if there even
is
a WvW activity that would be as niche as raids are for PvE). In that way, current WvW path is vastly superior for WvW players than Raid one for PvE players.

I know, i just said that's the reason why it takes longer. Because you "just do it" by playing, no collections, no nothing. The time gates are a bit "meh", they shouldn't be THAT severe but whetever, at least you don't have to do anything else.In that case, i agree. Although i would be remiss not to point out the fact that at the time wvw armor was introduced, there were less raid wings, and the time disparity was significantly smaller.

At this moment, the time is 22 weeks of full rewards for base WvW set, 29 weeks for mistforged variant. For Envoy it is now much faster (6 weeks for first set, 12 weeks for second one, or 10/20 weeks respectively if you don't convert divinations).At the time WvW armor got introduced however (August 8, 2017), we've had only 4 raid wings, that offered 13 LI total per week. That was 12 weeks for a first set, and 24 for any subsequent one. Which was still faster for the first set, but very comparable for any subsequent one.

Basically, since that time the acquisition time for legendary armor from raids got halved, but WvW one is still at the exact same place it was then. This caused things to get unbalanced a bit.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:WvW armor lets you just play the WvW content in whatever way you want. "PvE" armor requires you to play PvE in a very specific way, that lies outside of how most PvE players spend time there. The similar case for WvW would be if you could progress WvW armor only by doing one, specific WvW activity (for example, only by capturing red keep on desert borderland, and only limited number of times per week. Or, say, by winning GvG matches in obsidian sanctum arena - again, only limited number of times weekly. Although frankly i am not sure if there even
is

I know, i just said that's the reason why it takes longer. Because you "just do it" by playing, no collections, no nothing. The time gates are a bit "meh", they shouldn't be THAT severe but whetever, at least you don't have to do anything else.In that case, i agree. Although i would be remiss not to point out the fact that at the time wvw armor was introduced, there were less raid wings, and the time disparity was significantly smaller.

At this moment, the time is 22 weeks of full rewards for base WvW set, 29 weeks for mistforged variant. For Envoy it is now much faster (6 weeks for first set, 12 weeks for second one, or 10/20 weeks respectively if you don't convert divinations).At the time WvW armor got introduced however (August 8, 2017), we've had only 4 raid wings, that offered 13 LI total per week. That was 12 weeks for a first set, and 24 for any subsequent one. Which was still faster for the first set, but very comparable for any subsequent one.

Basically, since that time the acquisition time for legendary armor from raids got halved, but WvW one is still at the exact same place it was then. This caused things to get unbalanced a bit.

True.

Let's not forget the time spent on WvW versus the time spent on PvE. The time spent on PvE is subject to player skill, the time spent in WvW not but rather on rank and even at maximum bonus pips per week with rank 10,000, can be anywhere between 8 and 12 hours. That's not calculating the time spent on lower WvW ranks where each less pip increases the time spent on the game mode to actually acquire those 365 WvW tickets, which will be much closer to 14-20 hours or more spent weekly on WvW content.

I do agree though that with the infinite ability to convert LD into LI, and with no actual use for LD beyond the initial 150 for the ring, the time in PvE has been significantly cut short for players who can clear all 7 wings for legendary armor. Which again is not given and most players are still only clearing only 4 wings weekly, but does show a lack of follow through on adjusting raid rewards (LD are meaningless as is, could have just kept this as LI) in regards to legendary gear.

Even so, at an adept level of raid competence and clearing of the initial 4 wings and a similar time it takes to acquire a full set as in WvW, the time spent on the content is shorter.