New player queston

kax.7681

Hello there fellas. im a new player started like 3-4 days ago.i wanted to know since i made a necro a guardian and an engineer to something like 18lvl before getting an elementalist to 18 too, is there a reason he has so many skills and stances and weapons do they give him some short of edge choice for every situation having so many more or the others do what he does with less skills. i like the aesthetics and the theme of the class but i would feel underwelmed if he needs much more effort to do the same. thanks for your answers :)

It's such difficult question XDWell, basically yes, it does require more effort overall because of low hp and armor, you need to kite a lot and can't really facetank anything unless build somehow tanky.Ele overall is "versatile" which kinda adapts to the situation at hand thanks to it's 20 weapon skills which are our "Attuments". Fire is damage/burst, Water is heal/sustain/soft cc, Air is cc/burst/damag, Earth is cc/soft cc/damage, all of them have it's own purpose and uses which may help you deal with your encounters.It's very squishy class.

@"kax.7681" said:Hello there fellas. im a new player started like 3-4 days ago.i wanted to know since i made a necro a guardian and an engineer to something like 18lvl before getting an elementalist to 18 too, is there a reason he has so many skills and stances and weapons do they give him some short of edge choice for every situation having so many more or the others do what he does with less skills. i like the aesthetics and the theme of the class but i would feel underwelmed if he needs much more effort to do the same. thanks for your answers :)

Elementalist is pretty much always going to be one of the more difficult classes to pick up and play well. So, I guess you could say that it will require more effort to achieve similar results. However, fire weaver and support tempest are doing pretty well in PvP lately and elementalist (again tempest/weaver) is usually one of the meta picks for raids/fractal DPS in PvE as well.

Here's a little sample of fire weaver in some informal duels with platinum rank competitors (guardian, ranger, and scrapper) from last year. I think fire weaver has recently emerged in a stronger position in PvP due to nerfs to some of its stronger counters, too!

thanks so much friend thats what i was asking for. i was about to go back to necro but something draws me to mobility and pretty animations and overall the theme of elementalist (i always play one in such games). i guess for the difficulty i can play less imbue weapons and more passive things even though i dont see myself giving up lightning imbue and maybe fire :)

In PvE ele used to be a high-risk high-reward profession. While the learning curve for ele is very steep, pro eles used to deal 1.5 to 2 times the damage of any other profession.Nowadays ele is a high-risk medium-reward profession. On small hitboxes chrono, deadeye and soulbeast get to deal more damage with a lot less effort. On big hitboxes guardian deals comparable damage with a lot less effort.

Playing ele is like race driving without abs. A good pilot can achieve similar results to the other pilots, but it takes a lot more effort.

Run ele is a trap of a class its fun very fun but once you get into the late game max min as you will (the ele class is fun enofe to keep you playing into the late game) you will find the class lacking a lot.

I suggest leveling up an eng beside ele its not as fun but it plays a lot like it and has a lot of late game use.