Eternal Battlegrounds Green Border needs fixing.

Star Master.9051

I don't think I've ever seen Trebs hitting the spawn on any EBG area. Do you mean it goes into the actual spawn area with the NPCS? Does it contest the waypoint you use to respawn? If not... then... it doesn't really matter? Or do you mean it hits you as you are leaving spawn? Because, as many point out each time spawn camping on EBG is brought up, there are three exits in each spawn you can take. If you are getting farmed at one, leave through another, or change your map. Spawn Campers will get bored and leave.

If the trebs are hitting inside of the spawn area and killing NPCs or knocking players around with no damage then yeah, that should be fixed, but I've never seen that happen.

Siege isn't supposed to be built at the spawn in the first place. If you see anything built inside the spawn, like this, that's an exploit.If it is being built outside the spawn, that's okay.

As for Green spawn specifically, siege can be built around it as it can be with the other two spawns, but also like the other two spawns, you need to be able to defend that siege. And if you're trapped at your spawn in the first place, that's probably not going to happen.

There's a difference between something that cannot be countered and something that you're incapable of countering.Siege being built inside the spawn cannot be countered because you can't stop people from doing it, and in some cases cannot reach it. Siege being built inside your keep while you're trapped at your spawn is something you're incapable of countering because you lack numbers (or in most cases brain power). You could stop it, but the effort it would require is too much for most to bother.

@Bristingr.5034 said:

@fuzzyp.6295 said:Spawn Campers will get bored and leave.

Only way to play against Maguuma is by not playing them in EBG.

you mean hide

They're free to come play on the BLs if they want fights.

You'd go hide on a different map.

their link is dragging them up to T1, so they get what they deserve.

Jelly xD

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Bristingr.5034 said:They're free to come play on the BLs if they want fights.

Jelly xD

Nah, they're just not fun to fight. And EVERY other server can attest to that. I'm in a JQ Server as well and they were complaining about having to fight them last week. FC asked to not push them up to T1 so they didn't have to fight them (which I don't think they expected to drop to T2... lol), and so forth. Face it, when your server is nothing but SMC-humping kittens who love to spawn camp and play ONLY on EBG, no server wants to fight you.

@Bristingr.5034 said:

Jelly xD

Nah, they're just not fun to fight. And EVERY other server can attest to that. I'm in a JQ Server as well and they were complaining about having to fight them last week. FC asked to not push them up to T1 so they didn't have to fight them (which I don't think they expected to drop to T2... lol), and so forth. Face it, when your server is nothing but SMC-humping kittens who love to spawn camp and play ONLY on EBG, no server wants to fight you.

"SMC humping kittens who love to spawn camp"? You realize how contradictory that is? How are we humping SMC and spawn camping you at the same time? Mag is a very fight friendly server. If people don't want to fight us in SMC, fine, I get it, its a long walk there. But in that case don't get salty when we go out, take your keep and then bring the fight to your spawn. Again, mag is a very fight oriented server, just ask FC and AR how far they have to go from their spawn to get fights from Mag.

@Bristingr.5034 said:

Jelly xD

No one likes to fight Mag because most servers don't understand how reliant they really are on having greater numbers. People are so used to having a blob to fall back on when they down or get pressured to heal or revive them, they don't know how to deal with groups that don't give them that breathing room and can actually cleave out downs without communicating.

I've been on almost every server NA and quite a few EU. I just recently moved to BP for nearly a month, and I can say from experience that only a handful of servers have actual competent pugs that can read fights, communicate information, and work together to do something without a commander.

And no I am absolutely not saying Mag is always outnumbered. It's quite the opposite, but it's for a different reason. Mag overwhelms groups all the time because 20 people will fail to kill 5 Mag pugs, and chase them around for 20 minutes until they get reinforcements and realize they're overwhelmed. It is the literal definition of don't chase the squirrels.

BG dodges the EBG cloud because Mag's pugs won't feed in to the map Q sustain blob and it's boring for BG because they can only pull 5 kills an hour. So they go to BL's or map Q off hours to maintain a lead.It's got nothing to do with Mag "hugging SMC" and everything to do with BG getting angry they can't farm pugs that literally never have a Commander. Every server hugs SMC when they have it, but every other server does it from inside the walls with a metric ton of siege, and that can be countered with a map Q sustain blob and several shield gens so no one cares.

EDITLet me rephrase that last bit actually.BG dodges because they bring an organized map Q to fight squadless pugs without a tag, and doing that to most other servers means they get to farm ("fight"). But Mag is used to playing without any organization, so when against them BG can't steamroll everything and they get mad they have to actually fight for a change.

I'm genuinely curious on why people think being spawn camped is a disadvantage.

It's not like other games where people can immediately kill you when you respawn-- that's why spawn camping is hated in these games. Here you have all the time to relax and you decide when to go out, and also retreat back to complete safety... You can even pull people into the legendary defenders.

it's only bad if you're

1.) massively outnumbered (can still get cheap kills)

2.) go out one by one or squirrel and tunnel vision after a blatantly obvious toon that's meant to draw you out.

3.) Running a garbage build that can't survive one hiccup.

4.) Don't know how to select another map

@Bristingr.5034 said:

Jelly xD

Sounds like someone's upset that mag has coordination within their pugs - often without even saying a word.

I hated mag too before I was linked with them like half a year ago now. Changed my mind entirely. I realize now that it's just a hate bandwagon. Most of them are actually pretty chill and many have actual talent.

Mag was the only link in the past two years that I've had where my wvw experience actually dramatically improved.

They aren't even IN smc most of the time lmao. They just defend it when necessary and use it as a hub fighting far outside of it; the way it's meant to be used ... What's wrong with that lmao. They're bored and want fights, smc is a hotspot for action and they know that.

Back on subject though; if you want them to leave you alone, take one of the above posters advice and swap bls lol. All but a scout or two will get bored and leave.

I miss the good old days before HoT where roaming was the fun thing to do where can engage in 1 vs 1 and 1 vs 2 fights all the time. Now servers like Maguuma and a few others do large blob roaming and if you just want to roam on maps you get ran over and die in 1 second.

Every time try to roaming with Maguuma around it is like a squirrel vs freight train 1 vs 50 trying to take like a camp which is dumb, stupid and over kill.

Shows that most of the Maguuma players cannot do 1 vs 1 and 1 vs 2 fights because they just want to sit in SMC and then have 50+ take camps and towers on Eternal Battlegrounds.

I picked on 1 vs 1 fights near SMC with Maguuma then all the sudden 50+ Maguuma player jump the over to kill me when was having fun with a 1 vs 1 fight.

@Bristingr.5034 said:

I played vs mag last week, yeah, all stacked in ebg They had a nice kdr, the best in t1 but guess what, they are back in t2! Avoiding them in ebg and force them to hunt you in bl's, that could work maybe. Just build some siege and death traps as they do. :P

rofl: seriously, in alternative to whine like pre school kids, test your theories prior to complaining. Shroud.. those trebs in spawn for which you linked- the can be removed with a balli faster than the trebs can fire, also the balli is safe from the trebs as the min range is effected by their alleviation. Mag clouding ebg. Very very simple counter.. the two whom are opposing simply take half Mags BL each and tier them and to rub salt into the wound siege out one backline tower and the keep (EWP in each) and simply hold for tier3. As many have mentioned.. 3 exits in every spawn. No point in whinning that your getting farmed when you dont seek out the counters. In RL and as with games, there is normally a counter so all you need do is use a little IQ

Uhm, let me think about it. An enemy build one treb near your spawn and shoots towards it, ok. Not nice, but anyway. A treb can shoot once every like 10 seconds or 15 seconds depending on the distance. The hit radius of the projectile is perhaps 900? 1000? That means you cannot be as fast to run this small distance in 10 seconds?Even the slowest classes can do that, while being crippled. Why not just walk out, and let this ... "very bored juvenile boy who has surely nothing else for his happiness" respawn. And in addition there are siege blockers.

@Bristingr.5034 said:

@fuzzyp.6295 said:Spawn Campers will get bored and leave.

Yup absolutely no servers is a match for the Mag EBG pugs :P. The only way to win is usually is by blobbing hard. but hey maybe someday people will have enough skills to beat the pugs... they are still waiting tho ...we are waiting. luckily the bags goes in the borderlands and we hunt them and have good enjoying fights usually , but they have a tendency to hide behind walls or to fat blob ! makes me sad :(