End of Dragons Development Updates - [Merged]

@Randulf.7614 said:Content doesn’t get announced by streamers - that is not normal lolthis is only your's as person opinion. I am, as person, have another point of view.

The feb 16th bonus event was announced by Anet on their release page last monthlast month was another bonus event

We will get elite spec info direct from Anet when the time is ready. Like we always do. Including the warrior one ;)for that info you need keep look that informed people say

@lare.5129 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Content doesn’t get announced by streamers - that is not normal lolthis is only your's as person opinion. I am, as person, have another point of view.

Not an opinion. Anet will not announce major expansion features solely through a random twitch or youtube streamer. That's just how it is. There is a slim chance a major gaming magazine might get an exclusive scoop, but that will be in conjunction with an official announcement anyway

The feb 16th bonus event was announced by Anet on their release page last monthlast month was another bonus event

They also announced the the latest one on their release page. It's still up there for you to read.https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/january-19-2021/ scroll to the dwarves bit and in there it mentions the next one starting on the 16th and hints at it being Exalted and being able to access the new weapons

We will get elite spec info direct from Anet when the time is ready. Like we always do. Including the warrior one ;)for that info you need keep look that informed people say

I can't really understand what you are saying here, but as I said, Anet will announce the elite specs when ready. Possibly in the same format they did with regular blogs on the release page prior to HoT and prior to PoF. No one is going to look to a streamer for info because that is not how things work.

Anyway, regardless of this bizarre back and forth, the warrior espec has not been announced

@"Randulf.7614" said:Not an opinion. Anet will not announce major expansion features solely through a random twitch or youtube streamer.that not "random" streamer

I can't really understand what you are saying here, but as I said, Anet will announce the elite specs when ready.yes, Anet will do it.

Possibly in the same format they did with regular blogs on the release page prior to HoT and prior to PoF.no one knwo and this is part of fun

Anyway, regardless of this bizarre back and forth, the warrior espec has not been announcedfrom Anet ? yes, not announced. We talk about global announce, from our legend know people.

@Ledha.9640 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:1)Concept art of new elites?we already know about new warrior elite spec and that is come in nearest icebrood saga patch

2)Hint for new features....alliances? legendary armory?alliances I am sure useless, but legendary armory get anonce and will be soon. This or next year.

3)Location of the new expansion like possible locations?how it can help to you?

4)Monsterpedia?main part on community for that. What do you do for that yourself?

Wait what ? New warrior elite spec ? Where ?

I thought it was rather obvious myself as well to be fair.

In the Newer maps you'll notice Norn and Charr in heavy armour and using two pistols ( the charr can also be seen providing might to allies).

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:I get it, most MMOs release an expansion every year but that's because these games are mantained by far bigger companies. Take for example, as mentioned before, Square Enix or Blizzard (or even Zenimax/Bethesda). All of these are far bigger and richer companies/developers than ArenaNet. The studio responsible for GW2 is actually very small compared to these giants.

Arenanet is a wholly owned subsidiary of NCsoft, which is the Blizzard of Korea.Not a small indie dev

True, but ANet self publishes.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:I get it, most MMOs release an expansion every year but that's because these games are mantained by far bigger companies. Take for example, as mentioned before, Square Enix or Blizzard (or even Zenimax/Bethesda). All of these are far bigger and richer companies/developers than ArenaNet. The studio responsible for GW2 is actually very small compared to these giants.

Arenanet is a wholly owned subsidiary of NCsoft, which is the Blizzard of Korea.Not a small indie dev

ArenaNet was it's own publisher for a couple of years; NCSoft (West) resumed that position two or more years ago.

@lare.5129 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Not an opinion. Anet will not announce major expansion features solely through a random twitch or youtube streamer.that not "random" streamer

I can't really understand what you are saying here, but as I said, Anet will announce the elite specs when ready.yes, Anet will do it.

Possibly in the same format they did with regular blogs on the release page prior to HoT and prior to PoF.no one knwo and this is part of fun

Anyway, regardless of this bizarre back and forth, the warrior espec has not been announcedfrom Anet ? yes, not announced. We talk about global announce, from our legend know people.

So by this logic Necromancer will get shield since npc necro in ibs use it.And some big flashy raven magic to boot.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

ArenaNet
was
it's own publisher for a couple of years; NCSoft (West) resumed that position two or more years ago.

Thanks, I missed that.

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Companies like Square Enix can release class info 2 years before the actual expansion drop, Anet instead can release a teaser...of a teaser and after one year no more info. What about?

1)Concept art of new elites? - They are already set in stone now, at the very least you can indicate what each new elite will focus..we don't even need gameplay video

2)Hint for new features....alliances? legendary armor?

3)Location of the new expansion like possible locations?

4)Monsterpedia?

After one whole year not even a single new info....

How do you know the elites are set in stone? I believe this game has had major profession overhauls mere months before a release. I know it has happened in other MMO’s.

It was stated by Anet, new Elites will be part of EoD, it's on wiki and there's a link proof.

It is not Arenanet's style to hype and announce things so far ahead of time. They prefer to have it ready when it is ready and start hyping when they know they can deliver. Specially with PoF this was the case. The living world season ended with a teaser for an announcement just one or twee weeks later. Then the expansion was released just less then two months later.

The real question is why they announced EoD a year ago. The answer is that after the lay offs and reforming the company, initially the statement was that there was no plan on an expansion. After the dust settled and the player base roared, this was changed. To prevent any confusion as the statement was that there would be no expansion they made an announcement.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Companies like Square Enix can release class info 2 years before the actual expansion drop, Anet instead can release a teaser...of a teaser and after one year no more info. What about?

1)Concept art of new elites? - They are already set in stone now, at the very least you can indicate what each new elite will focus..we don't even need gameplay video

4)Monsterpedia?

How do you know the elites are set in stone? I believe this game has had major profession overhauls mere months before a release. I know it has happened in other MMO’s.

It was stated by Anet, new Elites will be part of EoD, it's on wiki and there's a link proof.

Interesting, and also pretty much expected.

Though, not really addressing the comment about how the upcoming Elite Specialization are 'set in stone'. Previous Elite Specializations were changed after being announced, but before release.

I actually.. kind of hate.. early drops"Hey, we're working on this amazing thing you'll see in 2 years".What am i supposed to do with that knowledge? Sitting there waiting for 2 years...Being patient is one thing, but waiting several years for a game or movie is just skritt.Just announce the stuff like 2-3 months in advance. No need to keep your fanbase in oblivion

@Zaraki.5784 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Companies like Square Enix can release class info 2 years before the actual expansion drop, Anet instead can release a teaser...of a teaser and after one year no more info. What about?

4)Monsterpedia?

It's confirmed that there will be new elite specializations.But it's not "set in stone" what they will be like, what weapons they will get, which type of utility skills they receive or which roles they aim to fill.

Lastly some days ago, I watched nintendo direct, and splatoon 3 trailer (note I could have said star wars, lord of the ring..) hyped me more than gw2 ever did. I am not satisfied nor conforted by the phone silence of this company. No news? No name of specs? Not their icons at least? Some things to theorize and debate about?

I totally agree that speaking about maps wouldn't bring a single thing, cause we already know it's cantha. But, is it hard to release some more expansion areas screenshots of places or npc?

I want some infos like OP. See the icebrood saga trailer, it shows you where you are aiming. What EoD one shows apart useless speechs and zoom on chinese architectures? A trailer, worse than any LS trailer. The last chapters are overwhelming and disapointing nothing good out of them apart creating another elitist content and lfg discrimination. The only "good" thing is that the factions events ask you to do events in core / other expacs maps. This isn't dead but still, a current lethargic state. Sure you can do things in core other xpac maps but the last story releases have nothing to be excited about.And that's the issue.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Companies like Square Enix can release class info 2 years before the actual expansion drop, Anet instead can release a teaser...of a teaser and after one year no more info. What about?

4)Monsterpedia?

It's confirmed that there will be new elite specializations.But it's not "set in stone" what they will be like, what weapons they will get, which type of utility skills they receive or which roles they aim to fill.

I mean, it's 11 months later. If the specs are still completely in flux and nothing is yet decided, it speaks volumes about the horrifying nightmare that is GW2 development right now

Then again if that was the case it'd greatly surprise me from any other studio BUT Anet

that level of sheer managerial ineptitude is what I've come to expect as the default here

@Konrad Curze.5130 said:I mean, it's 11 months later. If the specs are still completely in flux and nothing is yet decided, it speaks volumes about the horrifying nightmare that is GW2 development right nowI assume that at the time of the announcement, they literally had nothing but the concept art of the bell.And when the trailer hit in August, I doubt they really had anything that'd be even remotely ready to consider showing.

I doubt they have made substantial progress by now, partially also due to the pandemic.Maybe they haven't even decided on some of the elite specializations yet.

They clearly made the announcement without much, if anything, to back it up.They simply made it to show the players that there is some kind of future for the game.

@Konrad Curze.5130 said:

4)Monsterpedia?

I mean, it's 11 months later. If the specs are still completely in flux and nothing is yet decided, it speaks volumes about the horrifying nightmare that is GW2 development right now

Then again if that was the case it'd greatly surprise me from any other studio BUT Anet

that level of sheer managerial ineptitude is what I've come to expect as the default here

I'm still questioning why we stick with it instead of leaving for good, GW2 have really something special to be able to keep people despite the current management, what a shame its current state...

@Raizel.1839 said:

4)Monsterpedia?

I'm still questioning why we stick with it instead of leaving for good, GW2 have really something special to be able to keep people despite the current management, what a shame its current state...

can't speak for others but for me it's because no other currently running MMORPG has a business model as "fair" as GW2's while offering nice combat and no gear treadmill (horizontal progression) and the game doesnt force me to do certain content (with the exception of legendaries but even then these are optional if you wanna be BiS, ascended would do)

that said, ArenaNet could improve on doing more marketing of the game (and it's upcoming expansion, like giving us more info and teasers) and player communication at the very least... in other games, devs and their player communities communicate closely regarding feedback when it comes to game features and balancing game systems/mechanics -- wish that were the case with GW2 and ArenaNet

that said the game is still great just that it could do/be more than what it is