Fix Yourself

Khalisto.5780

I've been thinking about this subject, this game mode is in a state where fix yourself became acceptable

I used to think like this, but it bares the ridiculous the amount of things you have to do in order to have a not terrible experience game experience

List of fix yourself

To not play with bots every game you gotta be 1350+

From there you gotta avoid playing morning or whatever the population is even lower

Even playing at prime time, at this rating you start being match with top 50 players. So next you have to start adding to your friends/block list to not play a totally rng match of being with or against them, which will define 80% of your matches results

Ultimately you'll need a duo to have the best game experience possible, but you probably have to do all previous steps depending on your rating to have a chance of an enjoyable experience

That's a lot of things to do TO TRY playing the game properly

Game is not dying cuz top player x,y,z left, base of the pyramid is always broader than the top, game is dying cuz new comers have a horrendous game experience and don't stick around, why would they stay here if they could just play probably any other mmo pvp with a better game experience.

Personally i'd go back to playing if SoloQs didn't have to play with teams of any kind in RankedAnd if the combat was actually fun or remotely exciting at all.

Both of which weren't issues at one point, but those good days are distant memories now.But no, Season 13 marked the start of Ranked's slow death.Feb 25th patch finished off PvP entirely

The bots and low population are annoying sure, and make everything much worse, but its nothing new.Plenty of games have bots that still turn out successful and enjoyable just like a lot of low-pop games do pretty well with their small communities.

People might expect that getting into a game. What they don't expect is to be trampled by 2 of the very best players in the game cheesing the matchmaker, or fighting an unkillable Bunker for the entirety of a game while simultaneously being CC spam-locked out of using their skills.

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Filip.7463 said:Its not ONLY anet s fault that pvp population is low.

Btw even if u block someone, u can get with or vs him.

Yes, thats why i said friend/block list, cuz you can keep track of them there, whenever they're in a pvp map you are safe to queue up

If u didnt like last opponents and teammates then wait 5 minutes before queueing again. Easy as that.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Personally i'd go back to playing if SoloQs didn't have to play with teams of any kind in RankedAnd if the combat was actually fun or remotely exciting at all.

Both of which weren't issues at one point, but those good days are distant memories now.But no, Season 13 marked the start of Ranked's slow death.Feb 25th patch finished off PvP entirely

The bots and low population are annoying sure, and make everything much worse, but its nothing new.Plenty of games have bots that still turn out successful and enjoyable just like a lot of low-pop games do pretty well with their small communities.

People might expect that getting into a game. What they don't expect is to be trampled by 2 of the very best players in the game cheesing the matchmaker, or fighting an unkillable Bunker for the entirety of a game while simultaneously being CC spam-locked out of using their skills.

I dont think balance itself was the problem, it was more like the last broken promise. They hyped up the community with this big patch and REGULAR UPDATES, 4 to 6 weeks they said. I think the last part was the the main reason ppl left, they were done believing anet. But again, the ones who care moat about balance are vets, and problem seems to be new comes not aticking around, and i believe botting and afking impunity is more of a factor here.

@"Khalisto.5780" said:I dont think balance itself was the problem, it was more like the last broken promise. They hyped up the community with this big patch and REGULAR UPDATES, 4 to 6 weeks they said. I think the last part was the the main reason ppl left, they were done believing anet. But again, the ones who care moat about balance are vets, and problem seems to be new comes not aticking around, and i believe botting and afking impunity is more of a factor here.

All part of the package really.

All i'm saying is bots are a problem that isn't unique to Gw2. If they've played any other game, they've probably dealt with them. Like Fortnite; all the kids love Fortnite, but that game has a ton of bots. Sure, some people say they're going to quit over it. These are the same people you'll find on here saying they're going to quit, but then 10 angry forum posts later you'll see them again in game.

After the patch though, i've been witness to so many people being all: "Wow, this is actually so boring. I'm out."Or something along those lines. Both random victims and people I try to bring into the game.It doesn't really appeal to anyone. Vet or New Player it's extremely boring.