The End; Salt on the Wound Achievement impossible ?

@Peaka.2965 said:As of today it is impossible to do alone and I have attempted with another person which also did not work. As the user above, I have researched this problem extensively and have read all of the Wiki suggestions. I have also not found a video with the achievement shown after this problem has become so unsolvable. This is preventing me from obtaining the Legendary Vision so its quite annoying that it has not been fixed. Especially since the problem has been ongoing for so many months. I have just submitted a request but am not sure how that will help me. It does not seem reasonable to put the users through all of these researching issues and running this achievement with numerous of my characters all because of a well-known issue.

I'm also struggling with it, but i think it can be overriden, by the fact that you need the boots, not the achiev. Try getting them in WvW track.

@"Themisten.7425" said:I'm also struggling with it, but i think it can be overriden, by the fact that you need the boots, not the achiev. Try getting them in WvW track.

Check my post abovehttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1408597/#Comment_1408597on how to do this achievement with very little effort. I don't think they patched it

@runeblade.7514 said:

@"Vavume.8065" said:1 AP, not worth my time...

Sadly, it is required for the Corsair Bootbox and War Eternal Mastery Achievement. There is no way to circumvent Salt on the Wound achievement if you want this.

yeah, i have everything, but this left behind. i will try it on weekend;

these achievments locked behind "do with a group or have overskill" are sad.

@"maddoctor.2738" said:A pointer about this achievement: it's probably bugged because you do NOT have to destroy 10 weak spots. You can do the achievement solo just fine, you don't need a team. While under Kralk find a weak spot and spam attack on it, do NOT try to hit another weak spot. Once you go to the left wing aim at the purple "horn" like thingy (there is a weak spot there) and spam attack, once Aurene moves to the right wing, find the similar purple horn and spam attack on it. You will get the achievement that way.

great hint,,, or probably the description is wrong,

• 4 weeks later...

@"maddoctor.2738" said:A pointer about this achievement: it's probably bugged because you do NOT have to destroy 10 weak spots. You can do the achievement solo just fine, you don't need a team. While under Kralk find a weak spot and spam attack on it, do NOT try to hit another weak spot. Once you go to the left wing aim at the purple "horn" like thingy (there is a weak spot there) and spam attack, once Aurene moves to the right wing, find the similar purple horn and spam attack on it. You will get the achievement that way.

Just tried it and it still works as of now

• 1 month later...

I have tried the exact way it's described here 5 times and it identifies it as a hit on Kralkatorrik. HOWEVER....
It doesn't register the hit for the achievement. no matter how many times I hit, miss, or have no line of sight, no single hit registers for the achievement. Nothing is eligible. Nothing counts, even with other players.. and it's honestly super frustrating by now to see like 20 solutions and none of them work.

It's not about destroying the weak points anymore, because even landing 3 hits on a single location doesn't register.
It's not about the amount of damage done. Nothing works. The  counter remains  to be on 0% and I just want this meta achievement done and over with out of spite.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 9:15 AM, maddoctor.2738 said:

A pointer about this achievement: it's probably bugged because you do NOT have to destroy 10 weak spots. You can do the achievement solo just fine, you don't need a team. While under Kralk find a weak spot and spam attack on it, do NOT try to hit another weak spot. Once you go to the left wing aim at the purple "horn" like thingy (there is a weak spot there) and spam attack, once Aurene moves to the right wing, find the similar purple horn and spam attack on it. You will get the achievement that way.

You are a true hero. I don't know how, but it worked!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Nope - doesn't matter what I try, I can not get this achievement.  The weakpoints' health doesn't drop, half the time I don't see if I'm hitting them or not because of the foobared camera angles, my targets don't stay locked even though I've turned off autotargeting and target swapping, and there's no indicators anywhere if I'm making any progress or not.  I've done this mission 20 times at least now, following advice here, and a video I found posted just last month, and I still haven't gotten the achieve.  This entire scene is broken, and I hope they update it for the re-release, because right now, a scene that should be fun, is just aggravating.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2021 at 11:15 AM, maddoctor.2738 said:

A pointer about this achievement: it's probably bugged because you do NOT have to destroy 10 weak spots. You can do the achievement solo just fine, you don't need a team. While under Kralk find a weak spot and spam attack on it, do NOT try to hit another weak spot. Once you go to the left wing aim at the purple "horn" like thingy (there is a weak spot there) and spam attack, once Aurene moves to the right wing, find the similar purple horn and spam attack on it. You will get the achievement that way.

That actually helped. I've spammed the skill targeting the spot at the front while under the Kralk, the glowing horn weak spot on the left wing and actually hit nothing on the right one. But got the achievement. 

• Like 1

I found a cheese strategy that let me get this achievement solo
Cheese and Salt on the Wound LW-S4-E6 Achievement strategy - Living World - Guild Wars 2 Forums
Dying to the first barrage of crystals at the start of the fight lets you break the same weak point on Kralk's face over and over. Best I got was 3 deaths (and 4 breaks) before I had to do the rest of the fight normally.

I just did it a few days ago - and alone:

When the first spots on the body appear, pick one and spam the attack skill (#1). Ignore the "missed" messages or missing damage numbers, just spam this skill. Then you will fly over the left wing. Pick one spot there and spam that attack skill again. Ignore missing damage numbers or missed-messages. Just spam #1. Then you will fly to the right wing. Same procedure. The achievement pinged up just there...

You don't have to destroy the spots or hit different spots. Just the number counts. And ignore if a spot is over or under the wing (or body), it will count!

Edited by Galmac.4680
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I just did this as well by dying and repeating the first hit on his head over and over. I hit the head at least 4-5 times and then intentionally got smacked by the debris so that the initial story repeated. It wasn't easy to get hit by the debris every time, or I would have done it 10 times just be over and done with this wretched achievement.

Also, like others, I had tried it many times with other methods mentioned here and there and never got it. The only thing that eventually worked was repeating the first free hit as much as possible, then moving on through the story still spamming as many additional hits as I could.

Super frustrating experience and you would think someone would want to take a look at this broken piece of the story achievement that is tied to Vision which is an absolutely premium piece of legendary equipment. Oh well, I'm done at least but I encourage others to /bug report it, as I did when I finally finished.

This instance is just hilarious. Every time I help someone, there are new glitches and we have absolutely no idea how we manage to get the achievement.

Last time we became all naked and the skills disappeared:

Salt1, Salt2.

In the screenshot Salt1, only the instance owner is visible (naked), me and the other players have only the weapons...

The weird thing is that it worked fine at the very beginning. It broke at some point. Quite badly...

• 1 year later...

After several hours and easily over a dozen attempts, I got this finally.  My suggestions.

- Take off all armor and try to hit the brandstones after eye shot to get killed and repeat "round", I hit his eye 3 times.

- On second "round" target end of tail and just spam until about 1/3 of the way through sequence, switch forward to furthest target and spam that one spot I really think this is where the vast majority of my hits came from.

- Third "round" crossing wings. Targeted the leading purple spikes on wings exclusively left one immediatly.  Just after passing over it, went to far right wing leading purple spike area and spammed that.  I didn't see any damage register, but I got the achievement.

Its enraging that ANet has this buggy garbage AND has set it so that the Dragonfall "War Eternal" and Vision achievements require 18/18 so there is no way to avoid this BS.

• Like 1