The toxicity is crazy

Crackers.9628

@"Haptic Repulse.9437" said:

This guy here(necro)..attacked me(while on ranger) out of the blue and then proceed to insult me by message trashtalking me : how bad I was, mediocre this and that...all the while I didn't even know who this guy even was; after all this he decided to come back with 2 more necros, he managed to catch me by surprise , killed me and then started jumping on me alongside his pals....
all of this because I made a necro nerf thread
and that's where I connected all the dotts.(It was really a try hard attempt from him as I was getting help from another ranger...he had to call 2 more necros plus a condi herald and a glass cannon ranger...to kill me and my friend...LOL)

Nobody attacked him....nobody harassed him...didn't even know who he was but he still comes here claiming that some classes promote toxic plastyles and even more funny :
stating that videogames are generally full of failed real life existences
.....imagine saying something like this while being somebody who write a list of all the people who apparently wronged him on a forum for suggesting to nerf a spec - then go in game and verbally assault those people by message/whisper - not stopping there and proceed to grief/ganking that same individual

But eitherway he's not the first...on average I get harassed by people in game when I make nerf threads about their professions,
ofc at first I don't even know who they are...because I never cared to remember anybody name in a videogame ..except some guild member and friends
......let alone making a list of account names on the forum like ...lol...sad

I learnt to cope and do well against such behaviour , I actually learnt how to have fun at the expenses of such individuals and I can give few tips for people wishing to defend themselves against online griefing :

1)When roaming, always use the most tanky spec possible...but still capable of mobility/disengage and dmg, depending on the class/spec used you can measure how far from your bases you can move away. This is not WvW 2013.....it's now an extremely toxic environment , players here have no honor...no respect for you or for themselves, many are ready to use hacks (just yesterday I had a holo from [RAT] Underworld using a teleport hack to get away from my zerg....and he was trying to spawn camp my server along side other ....."nice people" from [sA], [idol]...all of them on UW). You would be foolish to run any high risk build in this environment.......'cause everybody else runs high reward builds with close to zero risk

2)Always announce in teamchat where gankers are and call for specific professions to come help:-against thieves..call for dragonhunters trappers, DE thieves, necros....then proceed to act as an "unaware" decoy and lure them in..where they'll get slaughtered by your teammates...have the last laugh lol ; my favourite strategy is to have several dragonhunters place their traps in a single spot...you sit on them appearing afk...wait for the thief gankers to jump on you....
killed several SA/HUNT thieves in such a way

3)If you can't get a kill on the griefers....start using the most "cheese" build tanky/healer spec you profession can run.....then you start laughing in the face of the wannabe gankers as they try non stop to kill you, most of them will send extremely hateful whispers/message.......
that's your victory
, you can imagine them foaming at the corners of their mouth

When everything truly fails(unlikely) join your zerg...lure them in...and run them over..profit!

wow, if this is true that's just sad. it's always weird to me when a person is so upset with their own life that they feel the need to take it out on others. waste of life if you ask me. coming back after 5~ years, the toxicity seems to have really gotten out of control. i got on wvw yesterday just to see what it's like now and within 15 minutes I'm getting "trolled" by some salty turbo turkies because I quite obviously and admittedly don't know what I'm doing. what's weird is that they're able to live in some fantasy world where they were never beginners and anyone they perceive as worse at the game is less than them. it never bothers me personally it's just weird that wvw and even pvp at times, seems to be run by ultra nurds that have no respect online and egos large as planets

What did the trolling consist of and how did you respond?