[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

This has been an ugly blemish on the UI for years, especially on larger scales and smaller monitors.

Can we have an adjustable window similar to that of the new Squad system? so we can crop/scroll through to check food and etc with more convenience?

That'd be cool.

Can we also have some investigation into the new undetected cheat clients for the game? I have seen players with 4 hours of fury, teleportation and multiple casts of large cooldown abilities as of late. That is not a healthy gaming environment especially for something that touts such a competitive gameplay style.

Thanks for reading,

Kyo.

small, but useful QoL would be:

a quickslot / quickuse section in the inventory/bag UI, like maybe on top of the shared slots, say 2 slots initially (and then you can buy more via gems or gold or whatever currency or free if possible) where you can put consumable items or anything applicable that you can use on demand via a hotkey you can bind in options.

these slots are not real slots and will just point to an item/consumable in your inventory kind of like how putting items into your hotbar in other rpgs/mmorpgs work.

useful for consumables like food and utilities or things like the prototype position rewinder/gadgetry or lounge passes -- it would be nice to be able to refresh food/utility buffs (if you forgot to beforehand) in the middle of battle while remaining focused on the fight

I don't know if it is the right place but you made the most beautiful backpack / glider wings set. "Wings of love". The ringing they making when opening is very annoying at long term and the heart effect don't always fit the intended character. They is already a "White Feathered Wings" backpack / glider combo. It look a bit weird, too large (looking like mickey mouse ears), my weapons always seem to pierce trough them and the physic of gliding with them seem wrong to so many level. White and black feathered wings seem to suffer from these issue as they seem made from the same model. Hawk, Macaw, Golden and Love wings look much better. It would be a good idea to make a new set of white and black wing using the template of the wing of love. In fact the white feathered wings look more caricatural than the wing of love.

9tTksR3.png0jl92On.png

@hugo.4705 said:PLEASE MORE BLACK DYES. DYES THAT DYE EVERYTHING BLACK NOT CARING OF THE TEXTURE OR MATERIAL!!! AND IN RARE, MASTERWORK AND FINE, NOT ONLY EXCLUSIVES!!!

Really, I insist, the only current one is shadow abyss and it cost ~135g, wow! just WOW !

yes please. i also want another black dye, something that's darker than shadow abyss but also removes gloss (more like matte black but darker than SA)

don't know how they'll call it though.... Absolute Abyss Dye? Infinity Black Dye? Void Dye? okay i ran out of creative ways to name it lol

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but as a former Mac user I'm having a hard time changing over to Windows because the trackpad doesn't work the same... The setting for the gesture controls was a Mac only setting, and it made the game much easier to play. Hoping the devs see this. Even if they can't add this feature I would like to know why...

So basically, what the touchpad does right now is when I scroll up or down it zooms in and out. And scrolling to either side does nothing. What I want it to do, and what it did with the setting on Mac is when I scroll up the camera looks up, and when I scroll down the camera looks down (or maybe it was the other way around.) And when I scroll left and right I want the camera to look left and right... It doesn't do any of this so it's a pain to play now.

since you're on a windows laptop, have you tried checking what kind of trackpad comes with your laptop? (you can check from the manufacturer's website)

reason i asked is because some laptops come with touchpads/trackpads that offer special functions like gestures if the additional software and drivers for it are installed, like the Synaptics Touch Pad series (can google if you want) -- there could be other devices which offer the same features on your laptop but that's the only one i am aware of. maybe you just need to install the additional software to gain the functionality you're looking for.

as for GW2 adding a "gestures" feature i doubt that's something they'd consider. the mac GW2 client having gestures is because the said gestures are probably available on an OS/driver level (meaning every app is affected if/when allowed) and may not be necessarily be a mac GW2 client feature -- anet just needed to add a toggle to allow it to pass through to the client -- the windows GW2 client cannot possibly implement this feasibly unless you want ArenaNet to write third party software to interface with your mouse/touchpad driver an effort which i think they would rather not do nor spare resources for as that involves testing hardware and software with the many different track/touchpads available on non-mac laptops

Ok thank you. I'll try the Synaptics... I'd already fiddled with the trackpad settings, but nothing really seemed to affect the game so I assumed the thing that was missing was that setting. Thank you for explaining why it would be a lot of work for them too. I'm not very good with technical stuff so I had no idea how much work that would be for them.

yes please. i also want another black dye, something that's darker than shadow abyss but also removes gloss (more like matte black but darker than SA)

don't know how they'll call it though.... Absolute Abyss Dye? Infinity Black Dye? Void Dye? okay i ran out of creative ways to name it lol

Exactly. matte, darker than Shadow abyss. Even dyes that are really black, there is a black dye in game but it is more dark gray in fact.About the names...-Void Dye-Space Dye-Dark Aster Dye-Infinite Darkness Dye-Vantablack Dye (one of darkest black in real world)-Creeping Shadows Dye-Blackest Black Dye-Null Dye

Would like a black dye to that make edges looks orange/red, for name, Eclipse Dye. Would like to see more dye that are a certain color but make the edges of differents pieces have another color.

Not sure of other race home instances (I always farm on human), but some of the nodes/chests are located right next to interactable NPCs and are quite annoying. Is there any chance to move them a bit so they're not stacked on top of one another?

In Divinity Reach, I can think of the following:

• Sprocket / Tree x2 corner (the cheering children)
  • Difluorite (2 NPCs walking by then stand near node)
  • Orrian Oyster (2 quaggans, 1 often right on top of the node)
  • Kournan Cache (2 NPCs right in front of the access point since the cart blocks other angles)

Again, not sure if any other cities have similar issues, but it seems like a quick QoL fix...