WvW Performance and Map Cap Testing

Cal Cohen.2358

please anet give us an update to this because the product i once bought was nerfed after sale what is forbidden in the country i live in by law and its pretty kitten if a commander cant change the map with his squad because of queues and its not possible to really adjust the classes inside a squad because as soon as you want to change your class you are in a +30 ppl queue and can call it already a evening and log off.

so finally tell us when we get the product back we once paid for.

Fix the servers already, something going on with them in all game modes, but especially here in wvw. Login server errors galore too, gotta love them popping up all the time. On reddit there were posts about people not being able to login game too earlier. I don't expect to hear anything from you guys, but I'll ask anyway. What is going on on your end? Transparency does not exist here at all. Not even one comment here from anet about the progress of "the testing". I don't want to hear about PVE side of things, I want to know what you are doing for the wvw server performance.

guilds are usually actually even at a size, where lags do not happen normally. the bigger groups are, the more lag does happen. which would be blobs, but then again, Wvw was designed as largescale-format.

the lags have been getting overall better even. the fights crimson describes been threeway-blobfight, with each server having at least 50 ppl fighting of green border keep, inside it. means 55*3 + siege... that's a lot of klicks for one single objective.

also, the lags still seem to be serverside. (therefore a tech issue)

@"manu.7539" said:Push out GvGers from WvW (with awesome maps and rewards exclusive for them) so we can deal with the real WvW population. That could solve lags problems and mostly this annoying mix of players upset by each others because they dont play WvW for the same goals.

Imagine having Guild Wars in a game called... well...

The game desperately need a proper GvG system. I never understood why it's not a thing from release. GvGers don't need fancy map or fancy map mechanics. They just need an arena to fight in a system similar to sPvP. Ladder, regular tournaments, championships. 10v10, 15v15 and 20v20 or even higher numbers if people want it. There could have a "gg" (resign) button and if more than half of the squad presses it, the game is over. Etc. Devs can make it work easily and WvWers could play WvW as intended. GvG rewards would be GvG exclusive and considered as high end reward. Potentially it could mean eSports, top winners of tournaments earning money. Gfuel could sponsor it :P

• 4 weeks later...

This reset I felt there is an improvement on the NA servers for me, I can actually play a bit. I hope it lasts. By improvement I meant that the pings are more stabilized, and not fluctuating all over the place.

2021/03/29:EU T1/T2 is fine on my end (getting my "normal" ping latency, and not really any skill lag to talk about). Very playable.NA T3 is fine atm but yesterday there were points in the day where it got lag spikes all the way up to 4k ping for me and skill lag.NA T1 was similar to T3 servers but slightly better. For now though at the time of writing it is ok.

• 4 weeks later...

I come online - The Commander tells on TS needs "Damage" - I go with Revenant and enter queue.

After 65 Minutes arriving on the Map, the commander tells in TS "For now on only accept support guards in squad"

When i come with damage class and commander want heal i can log off after 65 Minutes waiting to queue another 65 on heal class to hear that commander needs damage when i finally arrive back?

So leave class diversity behind? everybody just play guardian to switching heal and dps?

:anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished: :anguished:

Often also queues but only 40 people in commander squad. Often also no possibility for commander to change map with his squad, cause half the squad in queue nad on try to get the squad back to the previous map also only half make it, tadaaaaa whole evening destroyed because of this low peoples cap test.

The test is now going for so long...Which information could be gathered?What will be done to give us the game back we once bought?When can we expect a final solution?

Can we have an npc at spawn which makes us able to change character on the fly or change our classes on the fly?Why cant we just have 1 character and skill whatever class on it in wvw if we need currently something specifically?

Its unfun after many years supporting the game on expansions and gems buy to have it like it is currently.

I know there has been alot of missmanagement by Mike O'Brien which lead to alot of money wasted in dead developement and his weird thoughts that players need no content or loot but only play cause they think its fun to play... but we are now in 2021. There is alot of technical advanced games out there. Where is anet going to?

the queues are a big issue yeah.

and exactly this "have a squad with 20/70 or 30/70 on a full map with 30ish queue" is a major issue.

i also feel this is why guardian is really that good - only class having a legit dmg and support set on one character.

and despite the lowered map caps and the smaller target caps, there still happens lag. even in only two-ways of not even 50vs50 groups it can occur. heavily connected with stealth often.

• Like 1

several servers are (way too much) night active, be it due to the people from other timezones or NA guild emigration or the ppt trains of some weird single comms that are pretty well known amongst the respective servers.^^

there can pop up queues even on mediocre filled servers on random times of the day actually, from my experience.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:several servers are (way too much) night active, be it due to the people from other timezones or NA guild emigration or the ppt trains of some weird single comms that are pretty well known amongst the respective servers.^^

there can pop up queues even on mediocre filled servers on random times of the day actually, from my experience.

A queue popping up, sure. 65 minutes? Maybe OP needs to consider a different server.

• 1 year later...

Hello amazing gamers in an amazing game playing an amazing cornerstone gamemode of an amazing company.

It has been almost an amazing 2 years since we got this amazing performance test which is in no way an amazing longterm solution to improve the amazing performance by amazingly decreasing the amazing player cap on our amazing maps.

Since then amazing commanders with amazing squads try to change between the amazing maps each amazing day getting their amazing squads amazingly torn appart because of the amazing queues.

On an amazing crash to our amazing desktops we can amazingly queue with 30+ other amazing gamers to amazingly wait to reenter the amazing action.

Amazing guilds enjoy their amazing guild raids being amazingly stuck on the amazing same map for the amazing rest of their amazing evening.

Amazed by the amazing 19 peoples chatmanders squads and all the amazing ogrewatch gaming I was amazingly wondering what happened to the amazing performance test.

When will we get back our amazing initial player cap we all amazingly bought with the amazing core game in an amazing 2012?

Looking forward to an amazing status up regarding this amazing topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

Hello amazing gamers in an amazing game playing an amazing cornerstone gamemode of an amazing company.

It has been almost an amazing 2 years since we got this amazing performance test which is in no way an amazing longterm solution to improve the amazing performance by amazingly decreasing the amazing player cap on our amazing maps.

Since then amazing commanders with amazing squads try to change between the amazing maps each amazing day getting their amazing squads amazingly torn appart because of the amazing queues.

On an amazing crash to our amazing desktops we can amazingly queue with 30+ other amazing gamers to amazingly wait to reenter the amazing action.

Amazing guilds enjoy their amazing guild raids being amazingly stuck on the amazing same map for the amazing rest of their amazing evening.

Amazed by the amazing 19 peoples chatmanders squads and all the amazing ogrewatch gaming I was amazingly wondering what happened to the amazing performance test.

When will we get back our amazing initial player cap we all amazingly bought with the amazing core game in an amazing 2012?

Well... they lowered it by an amazing 7... and you had an amazing 30 stuck in queue, what would the other amazing 23 be doing after they put the cap back to it's regular amazing number?

Maybe your amazing blob should log on earlier or get into an amazing not popular map for the night. Or amazingly wait in queue like every other amazing player on your server.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, SlateSloan.3654 said:

Amazing.

The only time I am experiencing unplayable lag is when certain servers, JQ I'm looking at you... run 10-15 rise reapers and spawn an enormous amount of minions. I don't know about everyone else, but when my guild goes to fight them we all drop below 5 fps, skill lag kicks in, and our ping jumps from roughly 40-60 to over 1000+

19 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Well... they lowered it by an amazing 7... and you had an amazing 30 stuck in queue, what would the other amazing 23 be doing after they put the cap back to it's regular amazing number?

Maybe your amazing blob should log on earlier or get into an amazing not popular map for the night. Or amazingly wait in queue like every other amazing player on your server.

oh my it looks like we woken up an ogrewatch gamer here. hello fellow ogrewatch gamer. all is good, no worry, the universe still exists, easter is over though, you missed it, im sorry.

Can you please tell us what the player cap has been in 2012 on release and what it is now?

When did the "performance test which is no longterm solution" start please?

• Confused 2