Frustration

Sansar.1302

Been solo roaming since 2 months after game went live ( have tried zerg play and smal scale too)Now these days ppl seam to trie to ruin any 1v1 or eaven 2 v1.That is also when playing classes that most would not solo roam on.Have Ranger, Thief , Mesmer, Guardian, Revenant, Enginer and Necro that i solo roam on

And before you say go to spvp that is the second game mode i play but it have never been as unrestricted as wvw with build, gear and food that can make realy fun builds in wvw.

Why is most so affraid of figths with eqaul numbers in solo/smal scale.

While I completely understand what you say, stop expecting everyone to adhere to what you want. The whole game mode is about working cooperatively to achieve objectives. Either enjoy the challenge or don't - but complaining won't change anything - just annoy you more.

I'd also say it does depend where they fight - been "shouted" at before by someone for ruining their 1v1... in a camp with the ring up. If you want a 1v1, don't expect anyone to think or even accept it as a 1v1 when it's involving a team objective. I told them as much - think they ever rage quit and transferred server as they repeatedly expected to 1v1 in the midst of an objective and raged at people for getting stuck in... because it's a fricken objective in a team game. But that's an extreme example. I laughed.

As for the problem of being outnumbered - I enjoy the challenge. True if it's 10vs1 then the challenge is staying alive more than 15s. But I enter fights that are 2-5 vs 1 because... that is the fun. By that, I know I'm not going to win. Likewise I don't pick on sub bronze rank players unless they persistently attack, and don't finish them even then - as if they're new then where's the "fun" in face rolling someone who has no idea what they're doing. There's zero fun as there's no challenge.

If the fun is winning, then time to alter your expectations of wvw or organise your 1v1/2v1 in areas where no-one really goes (and at the extreme, doesn't Obsidian sanctum offer exactly what you're after? Wvw food / mechanics?). The only time I find adds really annoying is when they insta burst you - but you've got to laugh, especially when they all corpse jump/siege you :D

"wvw is bad because i cant 1vs1 there"

it is World Vs World, Not Player Versus Player. If you really wanna do 1vs1 ,then do it in the Obsidian Sanctum, Edge of the Mists or simply in real PvP.

Also 1vs1 isnt a proper fight. If you cant take on 2-5 players on your own, then its your problem.

@Sansar.1302 said:Been solo roaming since 2 months after game went live ( have tried zerg play and smal scale too)Now these days ppl seam to trie to ruin any 1v1 or eaven 2 v1.

When I am running with a zerg we still ignore 1v1 duelists at the usual spots and also solo players and we don't care about them until they try to gank our tail or they try to take objectives we care about.

So, your generalized statement is an exaggeration.

Not sure about NA, but EU still has some guilds which tend to let roamers and duelers do their thing, unless provoked.

My recommendation would be, try to have a chat with some of the other roamers you know and see if this is a server related issue. Different servers have different roamer mentalities, which can more than trigger other servers. Also make sure to change your guild tag occasionally and try running under a different tag. I can tell you from experience, some guild tags are on the "absolutely kill immediately" list for guilds because those players tend to add in when ever they please, disrupting fights and pulling commanders.

While that is absolutely part of the game, it will obviously create animosity towards smaller groups of players.

You reap what you sow.

Observing etiquette yourself is fine and I'm not here to ruin another player's time, but you do have to keep in mind that there is only one actual rule in WvW: "If it's red, it's dead!"

Dueling is a thing and many players will respect that if you are away from objectives. But you can't blame enemies for doing what enemies do. That's the game!

@Sansar.1302 said:Why is most so affraid of figths with eqaul numbers in solo/smal scale.

I should have added - what you're really after is no downed state. It's the scourge of any outnumbered fight. You have to pray you can last long enough to down them 4 times in x seconds so they just f.... die - because with the amount of aoe condi crap going around, you'll never be able to cleave / finish the downed as you can no longer pressure the rest while trying, and they can pretty much count on you being near immob to achieve the kill.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:i agree with @primatos.5413 , only i do think that balance isn't making sense in Wvw. the mode is naturally unbalanced. think about it.

I remember a time when there was not that much builds fighting against makes no sense.. today it is more build vs build than ever i think. This should not be the case in a game like this imo. High risk high reward is long gone.. u can play builds tanky as hell but still dealing lots of damage. Can play builds many other builds can never catch so they keep trolling on an on.. this things i mean should not be the way they are :)

Game mode actually incentives "helping" others in 1 vs. 1 or even 2 vs. 1 ... becaues of the participation system. If you want to go to the zerg (that is in big battles keeping parcicipation high) but have to move a long way until you reach it (if the commander is far away and you just joined the map) and if you participation is declining ... you'll take everything.

And a player kill is just the best and easiest opportunity to set the time back to 10:00. I try to tag everything. Even on a downed player almost cleaved down I try to rush in getting 1-2 hits on them.

@"Virdo.1540" said:

it is World Vs World, Not Player Versus Player. If you really wanna do 1vs1 ,then do it in the Obsidian Sanctum, Edge of the Mists or simply in real PvP.

Whenever I read or hear something like that, I get a headache (fortunately, it does not happen often).

World vs World (the mode in general) = WvWvW = Player vs Player (among others).

Your description or definition is therefore wrong! The difference is only in the scaling or the order of magnitude. And this includes all...!

GW2 Wiki: World vs. World (also known as WvW) is a game mode combining Player versus Player and Player versus Environment elements.

@Metzie.3012 said:

@"Virdo.1540" said:

it is
World Vs World
, Not Player Versus Player. If you really wanna do 1vs1 ,then do it in the Obsidian Sanctum, Edge of the Mists or simply in real PvP.

Whenever I read or hear something like that, I get a headache (fortunately, it does not happen often).
World vs World (the mode in general) = WvWvW = Player vs Player (among others).

Your description or definition is therefore wrong! The difference is only in the scaling or the order of magnitude. And this includes all...!

GW2 Wiki:
(also known as WvW) is a game mode combining Player versus Player and Player versus Environment elements.

WvW = Player vs Player is in this case wrong too. World vs World means therefore Players vs players, so just wanting "1vs1" isnt supposed to be a real thing there.

In War u cant just say "we are just doing 1vs1" either ,without having any other opponents to participate

I get the frustration and admit to feeling it too when otherwise good fights keep getting interrupted, but it's honestly been part of #roamerlife since launch.

You can usually pull some duels in the usual spots (some servers are better for this than others), but you'll get more mileage managing your own expectations than hoping other people will adjust their behaviors.

That being said, the risk of people bombing into my fights, and having to keep an eye out for it, is one of the charms that's kept me roaming instead of spvp for years.

@"Sansar.1302" said:Why is most so affraid of figths with eqaul numbers in solo/smal scale.

This is for me also the biggest question. Imagine you run with a friend across the map. You find 2 players doing the same. What are these two players doing? Precisely! The run away. If it happens once, ok. I also sometimes dodge fights. But if this happens again and again, one may slowly ask "what the heck am I playing?". It gets weirder when I lose my wing-man and suddenly find myself attacked by the same 2 players who dodged us before.

@Sansar.1302 said:Why is most so affraid of figths with eqaul numbers in solo/smal scale.

Multiple possible reasons:

• Because they don't want to be nagged for not helping their allies if they lose the fight
  • Because they don't want to have potential threats around while doing objectives
  • Because they've had the same experience and don't care anymore
  • Because they feel like their server has been outnumbered most of the matchup
  • Because they zone out while playing and just attack anything that's an enemy
  • Because they've been having a bad day and just want to be able to win a little

@gloflop.3510 said:

@"Sansar.1302" said:Why is most so affraid of figths with eqaul numbers in solo/smal scale.

This is for me also the biggest question. Imagine you run with a friend across the map. You find 2 players doing the same. What are these two players doing? Precisely! The run away. If it happens once, ok. I also sometimes dodge fights. But if this happens again and again, one may slowly ask "what the heck am I playing?". It gets weirder when I lose my wing-man and suddenly find myself attacked by the same 2 players who dodged us before.The biggest question is why people would ever consider this the biggest question.

A player in WvW doesnt automatically equal another player no matter how much people believe it.

There's been plenty of times where I've been running in a 2 man group and meeting 2 enemies that stand no chance, they just get crushed.And similarly there's been plenty of times where we've met another 2 man group that we stand no chance at winning against.

Whether it be the perfect class or build counter combo or if it's skill is completely irrevelevant.

And yes, of course the groups that we need 4v2 to beat is often the same groups that will whisper and go "boohoo you kitten suck you come fight us with equal numbers you noobs" because people have absolutely zero respect for their own skill.