[deleted]

Enduronex.4865

It wouldn't work because a Human can just solve the captcha for the bot and still let it play the game. Many of the players you see that seem like bots are actually just people using complex scripts/macrosets, which is why their attacks are always the same.

You can identify true bots by when they run back to a point over and over, like treb bots in WvW.

@Hannelore.8153 said:It wouldn't work because a Human can just solve the captcha for the bot and still let it play the game. Many of the players you see that seem like bots are actually just people using complex scripts/macrosets, which is why their attacks are always the same.

You can identify true bots by when they run back to a point over and over, like treb bots in WvW.

Bots wouldnt run 24/7 then, cuz owner needs to sleep

if one capcha takes 30s and 20 matches is needed for byzantinum chest that means 20golds for 10 minutes of work = 120g/hour of human workOn out of game marketplaces 120gold would cost around 2€. So its not worth doing it

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:What happens if you fail every test. Does that mean you're a bot? What if a bot passes the test does that make them human? What does it mean to be alive...do we have a soul....

Honestly if that person specifically can't finish the captcha, I wouldn't want them in my games, with or against.

It wouldn't make any sense for this individual to be here whatsoever.

• Like 1

They could make the captcha only apply a random number of games, that increases the # of games you play, increasing after the amount of games played in a 24 hour period. If someone is playing pvp for an hour a day, they shouldn't be hit with it. 2 hours, maybe they get a single one. The point is to catch the bots out- which generally run their accounts nearly 24/7, and increasing the captcha rate when it hits the kind of time period that bots play for would limit player annoyance at having to do it.

• Like 1

@Rvannith.8364 said:They could make the captcha only apply a random number of games, that increases the # of games you play, increasing after the amount of games played in a 24 hour period. If someone is playing pvp for an hour a day, they shouldn't be hit with it. 2 hours, maybe they get a single one. The point is to catch the bots out- which generally run their accounts nearly 24/7, and increasing the captcha rate when it hits the kind of time period that bots play for would limit player annoyance at having to do it.

if captcha is gonna work its this way

• 2 years later...
On 2/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, chromodynamix.2495 said:

I think that every hour, for ranked queues, it should be required that a player do a CAPTCHA to prove they are human. Connect 9 dots before you are allowed to queue ranked. That will fix the bots.
Tell me I'm wrong.

Im actually on board with some kind of gamified capcha like *draw this rune to enter the match* or whatever. 

Good idea. Also let us minimize the pvp windows thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

It wouldn't work because a Human can just solve the captcha for the bot and still let it play the game. Many of the players you see that seem like bots are actually just people using complex scripts/macrosets, which is why their attacks are always the same.

This would be annoying to do for people running multiple bots, and annoying botters is worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/21/2021 at 2:28 PM, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

What happens if you fail every test. Does that mean you're a bot? What if a bot passes the test does that make them human? What does it mean to be alive...do we have a soul....

Existential crisis ensues. 

• Like 2

On 2/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, chromodynamix.2495 said:

I think that every hour, for ranked queues, it should be required that a player do a CAPTCHA to prove they are human. Connect 9 dots before you are allowed to queue ranked. That will fix the bots.
Tell me I'm wrong.

I fully support this wonderful idea. Let the Truth expose them.

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe before each match a random forum thread should show up with "Should you respond to this thread?". 

A human should recognize a several years old dead thread whereas a bot would probably analyze the old posts and try an AI response to continue the thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3