Bring back WvW match threads and revive the dying wvw community.

moutzaheadin.4029

Heh, no it wouldn't, it would just be egos trading salt as usual. Wvw forum went cold when people stopped believing the hype, no point of discussion when the developers won't talk to you, and the same topics get regurgitated every month. Obviously very little wvw develop is being done as well the last few years.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Heh, no it wouldn't, it would just be egos trading salt as usual. Wvw forum went cold when people stopped believing the hype, no point of discussion when the developers won't talk to you, and the same topics get regurgitated every month. Obviously very little wvw develop is being done as well the last few years.

You obviously wasn’t here or just don’t remember how lively and fun them threads were, sure some salt but a lot of “gfs”

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Heh, no it wouldn't, it would just be egos trading salt as usual. Wvw forum went cold when people stopped believing the hype, no point of discussion when the developers won't talk to you, and the same topics get regurgitated every month. Obviously very little wvw develop is being done as well the last few years.

You obviously wasn’t here or just don’t remember how lively and fun them threads were, sure some salt but a lot of “gfs”

lmao I've been here since day one, 99% of those threads degenerated into salt fest, which probably generated a river of reports to anet which is why eventually they decided it was just better to ban that discussion altogether. They were so "fun" they couldn't even sustain their own forums after the anet ban on them.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:Heh, no it wouldn't, it would just be egos trading salt as usual. Wvw forum went cold when people stopped believing the hype, no point of discussion when the developers won't talk to you, and the same topics get regurgitated every month. Obviously very little wvw develop is being done as well the last few years.

lmao I've been here since day one, 99% of those threads degenerated into salt fest, which probably generated a river of reports to anet which is why eventually they decided it was just better to ban that discussion altogether. They were so "fun" they couldn't even sustain their own forums after the anet ban on them.

Plenty of good stuff in them old match threads, they got more traffic then any of the other threads on this entire wvw section. These days it’s pretty much dead on this forum. Match up threads would definitely bring people back here to interact and then browse through other topics. I’d rather have a lively semi salty forum then a dead one. As of now this forum section is basically on life support.

Bah them player made forums were not the same, silly example.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Oh, yes. Matchup threads, where people will spew toxicity in abundance. Yeeeah.

It’s better to have some community the nothing at all, which is where we are now.

You guys against, what’s the motivation to not want a more lively wvw section?

I for one would love to say gfs to the hod engine, the guy was stellar at fighting. But that alone would make this a match up thread and, POW gone.

@moutzaheadin.4029 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Oh, yes. Matchup threads, where people will spew toxicity in abundance. Yeeeah.

It’s better to have some community the nothing at all, which is where we are now.

You guys against, what’s the motivation to not want a more lively wvw section?

I for one would love to say gfs to the hod engine, the guy was stellar at fighting. But that alone would make this a match up thread and, POW gone.

That was Cheezy. You can find his channel here-> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoraBfTv2tLR9U56Kyvbamg/videos

I say if you want WvW match-up threads, start posting them yourself. Anet hasn't been moderating the WvW forums for at least a few months (based on how long all the "HACKS" threads stay up after servers/guilds/players get called out) and it's been close to a year since the last time I saw a dev even bother to post on the WvW forums. Start your own thread and see if it stays up for the duration of the week!! (I'm betting it will). Just don't be disappointed when you only get a handful of responses from the T1/T2 match-up threads and no responses for the T3/T4 match-up threads. If you read through these forums enough you'll notice it's almost always the same 5-10 players commenting. ;)

the linking system destroys communities the whole time anyways... what should this be even? giving people space to insult each other?

i'm even mad at my own server and will transfer off soon, too kitten. will miss a lot of people, but also others i knew in the past who are on several servers spradout now. communities are important in Wvw, for sure...

maybe one reason that the mode still survives. just, they're not bound to servers really anymore. guild commanders have own communication channels to organized GvGs etc, and the communication flow between long term players works either way since the leading names are known (or, searchable via gw2mists)

the servers core population only know the unspoken rules of the game, if they play longer and talk to guildplayers or annecdotes of voice comms... bc those guild coms usually are the same who lead openblobs during reset.

@"moutzaheadin.4029" said:

Match up threads would definitely bring people back here to interact and then browse through other topics. I’d rather have a lively semi salty forum then a dead one. As of now this forum section is basically on life support.

But what would they gain by that? I mean the threads to browse through - can comment, but it makes no changes or difference as there's zero communication (or belief in communication) with the devs and the game.

Come to the forum to talk about your online "world", or just spend time playing it instead. Could ask why I post, and I do ask myself that same question :)

But for the general population, seriously, why would they bother?

@"Ronin.4501" said:I say if you want WvW match-up threads, start posting them yourself. Anet hasn't been moderating the WvW forums for at least a few months (based on how long all the "HACKS" threads stay up after servers/guilds/players get called out) and it's been close to a year since the last time I saw a dev even bother to post on the WvW forums. Start your own thread and see if it stays up for the duration of the week!! (I'm betting it will). Just don't be disappointed when you only get a handful of responses from the T1/T2 match-up threads and no responses for the T3/T4 match-up threads. If you read through these forums enough you'll notice it's almost always the same 5-10 players commenting. ;)

Trust me, they are moderating the WvW threads ?

@Chips.7968 said:

Match up threads would definitely bring people back here to interact and then browse through other topics. I’d rather have a lively semi salty forum then a dead one. As of now this forum section is basically on life support.

But what would they gain by that? I mean the threads to browse through - can comment, but it makes no changes or difference as there's zero communication (or belief in communication) with the devs and the game.

Come to the forum to talk about your online "world", or just spend time playing it instead. Could ask why I post, and I do ask myself that same question :)

I enjoy these discussions on my breaks at work or when I can't get home to game. It would be nice if they had more activity.

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

I enjoy these discussions on my breaks at work or when I can't get home to game. It would be nice if they had more activity.

Exactly that.

Good old pvp flaming is always fun. Would be quite refreshing compared to countless stealth unfair, nerf this and delete red border threads.I like that Anet is really trying to keep the forums clean but you can alow some disrespect in threads that talk about game mode where people kill each other. Hey, they just might spark some competitiveness in game.