gem store broken (cannot buy gems)

• 3 weeks later...

Its not working, tried visa and Revolut. In GW2 appear a warning, "u have 2 accept in revolut". Revolut app ask me if i accept purchase (its a sign that all goes wheel in transaction communication), i say yes. In GW2 an error appears: "unfortunately an error occured" and no gems, and money still in my account. Arena net does not want to get payed ???

• 2 weeks later...

This is an ongoing issue. I've just tried it with three different cards (mastercard & visa) as well as PayPal and paysafecard with different addresses and amounts.When I click on the confirm button, I'm just put back on the "Get more gems"-page and this error pops up for almost a second:Z0XyULf.pngI've tried to follow these steps without success.Looks like their gateway to the payment service provider DigitalRiver is regularly broken and only fixed some hours later.

• 1 month later...

@"acrux.4728" said:This is an ongoing issue. I've just tried it with three different cards (mastercard & visa) as well as PayPal and paysafecard with different addresses and amounts.When I click on the confirm button, I'm just put back on the "Get more gems"-page and this error pops up for almost a second:Z0XyULf.pngI've tried to follow these steps without success.Looks like their gateway to the payment service provider DigitalRiver is regularly broken and only fixed some hours later.

images work again?Test_image.jpg

nope.. they don't....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, wondermuffin.9680 said:

Still no fix after 2 months. I know Anet is aware of the problem, but are we to expect a solution any time soon? 

Don't wait for ArenaNet to solve this in general. Because then you may be waiting for years more. Contact support and select payment issue and provide the relevant information. Then support can track it down with digitalriver. Most of these issues are caused by DigitalRiver AI transaction bots to flag transactions as possible fraudulent. It requires human interaction to fix. Yes, these AI bots are terrible but apperently DR needs them to not be swamped with fraudulent transactions.

Error messages should be more clear. Like: "Your transaction has preventatively been blocked in automated security checks. Please contact support at <link> to get it sorted out." But I've said this many times.

Another reason may be that some European bank transactions are being blocked because GW2/DR does not support the new authentication steps. Try to get gems via retailers if that affects you.

You may want to buy gems via authorized resellers like these ones for Europe:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-20-off-guild-wars-2-gem-cards-in-europe/

The mentioned sale is over but these shops may still sell gem card codes for the normal price.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
Iterative writing

• 2 months later...