Achies for legendary trinkets: wvw a breeze, pvp a nightmare

evlover.6270

@evlover.6270 said:

@"Patty.3268" said:But is it really tournament wins or is it tournament match wins? Winning 20 Tournaments would be much harder than "just" 20 matches in tournaments. Has someone already partipated in a tournament?

Matches, but that's already very luck based since you need to hope not to draw a dedicated pvp team while you're probably just pugging a team on lfg. Complete tournament wins would've been impossible for pretty much everyone who's not in a dedicated team (and would encourage wintrading even more). So at least they left a small ray of light to get it if you think you can get lucky with pugs 20 times but expect to have to participate in well over 40 tournaments to get it since the chances on even just winning the first match will be way below 50%.

you play more than 1 game per tournament, you should be able to get atleast 1 win per tournament

@vyncius.6105 said:

@"Patty.3268" said:But is it really tournament wins or is it tournament match wins? Winning 20 Tournaments would be much harder than "just" 20 matches in tournaments. Has someone already partipated in a tournament?

Matches, but that's already very luck based since you need to hope not to draw a dedicated pvp team while you're probably just pugging a team on lfg. Complete tournament wins would've been impossible for pretty much everyone who's not in a dedicated team (and would encourage wintrading even more). So at least they left a small ray of light to get it if you think you can get lucky with pugs 20 times but expect to have to participate in well over 40 tournaments to get it since the chances on even just winning the first match will be way below 50%.

you play more than 1 game per tournament, you should be able to get atleast 1 win per tournament

If no one leaves after losing once/twice. Queued a couple of times back when they updated the system and people just left back then, dunno if people always stay till the end now but seeing people go afk in 2v2 matchups after losing the first fight. I doubt people play through the entire swiss system (which is also being addressed in another topic, they just take way too long now).

If I understand well, the 20 tournaments wins are for visual thing. So you need 120 victory/season roughly 2 wins/day during a normal season for legendary pvp trinket and if you want the visual thing you will need those 20 wins. For me its a very clever way. You need the glamour of a pvp god well win that 20 matches, if you need only the legendary amulet grind a pvp season. Now please do the same thing(visual wise) for other legendary trinkets, i don't need some balls floating around my toon.

tbh - the effecs are pretty nice as long as the ball is over your head but its not!! ?? (why) . It would be cool if you have the choice-box to show the skin or not. So you can stick with your pve triket skins which build up on each other or you can decide to use a silver or gold ball over your head. But this balls are following as slow as an minipet which makes ist a bit strange. As an build up: WvW + PvP - you could add some sword crossing the ball. That would look super cool. But imagine.. Aurora+ Vision + Coales. + Transc. + Conflux…. you have: White balls + 1 black + ley lines + 1 silver + 1 Gold ball nearby. WTF ???? the triket effects use more space then twice your character would.

The 20 tournament wins must be a joke... I was never able to even win 1 tournament match, how should I even get 1!And besides to that, you added 25 achievment points to that? So to get them all I need 100 wins???? Really??? Why? I hoped you learnt something from the pvp achievement/title desaster some years ago...

@lorddavito.2395 said:Honestly, I complained at start too, but see it from the bright side.

It's a legendary amulet after all.

Which means, it shouldn't be obtainable by literally anyone.

I'm a 98% PvP player and I never got to make legendary armor or trinkets before because it was pve locked.

Live with it

True, it is a legendary amulet so it should require some effort. Hence why I said the 120 ranked wins are good because:1) it's a pretty large time investment2) you're playing pvp at your skill lvl according to your ranking

However, the tournament wins are often a lottery. Guaranteed losses the first 1-2 games and then hope to get a win on your last game in the tournament.. if no one of your team has left by then and if it isn't a win by default that doesn't count towards the progress.No problems with making it a little hard to get something, but I do have a huge problem with the dice factor of the tournament wins. More often than not, it's just 1-2 hours of wasted time and that's assuming you can already be online at the time that one starts. You can't just jump into it and get progress at the time that's best fitting you.

And sidenote: legendary armor isn't pve locked at all since there are pvp and wvw versions available too. I'm a main pve player and even I have the ascended glory that's needed for a full legy pvp armor set. So shouldn't be that hard if you do pvp all the time.

• 10 months later...

Necroing this thread because I was going to make my own post but there’s no need. The 20 tournament wins are proving to be even more painful than trying to get into raids for armor (which is still also a massive pain, mind you). Never come so close to actually uninstalling the game as I have in trying to get those wins. And like OP mentioned, it makes no sense! Not just on its own, but when you compare it to the wvw one too. It’s a thinly veiled, terrible attempt for FORCE EVERYONE into a tiny, niche, toxic spot in the game and I’ve only seen others reflect my opinion. I have yet to encounter a single person who’s told me this has helped and they enjoy tournaments now. Why couldn’t it have been 100 player kills? If it’s ok in wvw, why not here? Actually, it makes MORE sense to require kills in PvP than WvW. PvP is all about close combat and slaughtering people to win, but WvW has a large pve aspect to it, as well as long term strategy. If anything, having one of the achievements be getting kills fits better in PvP. It can of course be something more demanding than 100, I think 500 kills would go nicely with 120 ranked wins

@Fenom.9457 said:Necroing this thread because I was going to make my own post but there’s no need. The 20 tournament wins are proving to be even more painful than trying to get into raids for armor (which is still also a massive pain, mind you). Never come so close to actually uninstalling the game as I have in trying to get those wins. And like OP mentioned, it makes no sense! Not just on its own, but when you compare it to the wvw one too. It’s a thinly veiled, terrible attempt for FORCE EVERYONE into a tiny, niche, toxic spot in the game and I’ve only seen others reflect my opinion. I have yet to encounter a single person who’s told me this has helped and they enjoy tournaments now. Why couldn’t it have been 100 player kills? If it’s ok in wvw, why not here? Actually, it makes MORE sense to require kills in PvP than WvW. PvP is all about close combat and slaughtering people to win, but WvW has a large pve aspect to it, as well as long term strategy. If anything, having one of the achievements be getting kills fits better in PvP. It can of course be something more demanding than 100, I think 500 kills would go nicely with 120 ranked wins

How did Anet forced you ?

I wanted the raid ring as well but I can't stand doing raids so I just don't do it and keep playing for fun.

I've found very easy to get the pvp legendary just like the raid ring is easier for someone who already does raids regularly.

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Necroing this thread because I was going to make my own post but there’s no need. The 20 tournament wins are proving to be even more painful than trying to get into raids for armor (which is still also a massive pain, mind you). Never come so close to actually uninstalling the game as I have in trying to get those wins. And like OP mentioned, it makes no sense! Not just on its own, but when you compare it to the wvw one too. It’s a thinly veiled, terrible attempt for FORCE EVERYONE into a tiny, niche, toxic spot in the game and I’ve only seen others reflect my opinion. I have yet to encounter a single person who’s told me this has helped and they enjoy tournaments now. Why couldn’t it have been 100 player kills? If it’s ok in wvw, why not here? Actually, it makes MORE sense to require kills in PvP than WvW. PvP is all about close combat and slaughtering people to win, but WvW has a large pve aspect to it, as well as long term strategy. If anything, having one of the achievements be getting kills fits better in PvP. It can of course be something more demanding than 100, I think 500 kills would go nicely with 120 ranked wins

I wanted the raid ring as well but I can't stand doing raids so I just don't do it and keep playing for fun.

I've found very easy to get the pvp legendary just like the raid ring is easier for someone who already does raids regularly.

They force you in the sense that there is no alternative legendary amulet. If there was, I’d gladly shut up and go get that one. And yes, I know you can make the version without visuals without tournament wins. But visuals are the main point of legendaries! Originally, they were meant to be the only reason someone would get a legendary, they were supposed to be high end cosmetic choices that would not give a gameplay advantage. So before you tell me “just make the slumbering version”, remember it was anets own vision that teaches us legendaries are most valued for their visual appearance. And in this way, ArenaNet has not provided an alternative to date, nor given us any reason to believe one is inbound.

@Fenom.9457 said:

They force you in the sense that there is no alternative legendary amulet. If there was, I’d gladly shut up and go get that one. And yes, I know you can make the version without visuals without tournament wins. But visuals are the main point of legendaries! Originally, they were meant to be the only reason someone would get a legendary, they were supposed to be high end cosmetic choices that would not give a gameplay advantage. So before you tell me “just make the slumbering version”, remember it was anets own vision that teaches us legendaries are most valued for their visual appearance. And in this way, ArenaNet has
not
provided an alternative to date, nor given us any reason to believe one is inbound.

PvP players do not have an alternative to PvE trinkets either. No one whines. You either invest time to get a legendary from a specific game mode and get it, or you don't. And like you've already been told, you are not required to have any legendary items to play the game, therefore, you are not being forced into anything. With current swiss system it's more than possible to score wins with the team of any skill level, but you might wanna participate in the AT's during prime time to have better chances.

@Fenom.9457 said:They force you in the sense that there is no alternative legendary amulet. If there was, I’d gladly shut up and go get that one. And yes, I know you can make the version without visuals without tournament wins.So you are quite literally criticizing the fact that you need 20 wins in tournament matches so your character gets to have a little portal bubble floating next to them?But visuals are the main point of legendaries! Originally, they were meant to be the only reason someone would get a legendary, they were supposed to be high end cosmetic choices that would not give a gameplay advantage. So before you tell me “just make the slumbering version”, remember it was anets own vision that teaches us legendaries are most valued for their visual appearance.That was indeed what legendaries once were. I actually happen to prefer that design, but I can't deny that Arenanet has since iterated what a legendary item is supposed to be. They are now offering a QoL benefit and there are people who acquire them for that reason.And in this way, ArenaNet has not provided an alternative to date, nor given us any reason to believe one is inbound.That has been the norm for legendaries for some time now.

After getting the PVP amulet, I've sworn to never do tournaments again, it's kind of silly to play against organised groups... we all just end up getting cc'ed and killed. And I'm too lazy to organise a PVP group or be in one.

The 120 PVP wins were OK. By the time I got 120 wins, I also got 20 tournament wins, so it was not that bad. But playing tournies was hell.

@"Fenom.9457" said:But visuals are the main point of legendaries!Maybe for you.I have transmuted the appearance of half my legendary weapons. I have them for the stat/sigil swapping QOL. Those god-awful orbs are the reason I don't make the trinkets and the "slumbering" versions aren't big value when compared to how easy stat selectable trinkets are to get in Bloodstone Fen.

Both are entirely trivial. 120 wins in ranking are easy to get even in a single Conquest, season, because doing ranking is worth the time just due the economic rewards, ATs are a bit harder, but after a few matches here and there you will get those even playing your worst class. Unless you don't like to play PvP, which is an entirely different topic...

@Grave.9258 said:Honestly I was hyped to see lagendary amulet for pvp but when I saw achieves.... Come on, solo players won't be able to get the amulet. I do not see any issue with rankeds because you can pug it but if you do not have any friends like me for example it's impossible to play tournaments.... Hit me when there is any other legendary amulet to obtain in 5 years....

you can pug tournaments, you will run into bots that just give up and other pugs that are worse then you, trying alone gives reward.eventually you will get it.