Frustration

Sansar.1302

@gloflop.3510 said:

@"Sansar.1302" said:Why is most so affraid of figths with eqaul numbers in solo/smal scale.

This is for me also the biggest question. Imagine you run with a friend across the map. You find 2 players doing the same. What are these two players doing? Precisely! The run away. If it happens once, ok. I also sometimes dodge fights. But if this happens again and again, one may slowly ask "what the heck am I playing?". It gets weirder when I lose my wing-man and suddenly find myself attacked by the same 2 players who dodged us before.

Idk maybe depends on what classes / builds you run. There's a lot of builds some people just refuse fighting against because they know there's noch chance to win? cough missing balance cough

Honestly, I far prefer seeing the occasional fun 1v1 turn into a lopsided 2v1/1v2 over the thing where an ally just stands there idly while you're locked in combat with some build that absolutely counters or out-sustains yours. The former actually feels like "open-world" gameplay, the latter makes you feel like your teammates don't even want to play anymore.

(I'll gladly make an exception for the Alpine BL "dueling spot," of course.)

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Sansar.1302" said:Why is most so affraid of figths with eqaul numbers in solo/smal scale.

This is for me also the biggest question. Imagine you run with a friend across the map. You find 2 players doing the same. What are these two players doing? Precisely! The run away. If it happens once, ok. I also sometimes dodge fights. But if this happens again and again, one may slowly ask "what the heck am I playing?". It gets weirder when I lose my wing-man and suddenly find myself attacked by the same 2 players who dodged us before.The biggest question is why people would ever consider this the biggest question.

A player in WvW doesnt automatically equal another player no matter how much people believe it.

There's been plenty of times where I've been running in a 2 man group and meeting 2 enemies that stand no chance, they just get crushed.And similarly there's been plenty of times where we've met another 2 man group that we stand no chance at winning against.

Whether it be the perfect class or build counter combo or if it's skill is completely irrevelevant.

And yes,
of course
the groups that we need 4v2 to beat is often the same groups that will whisper and go
"boohoo you kitten suck you come fight us with equal numbers you noobs"
because people have absolutely
zero
respect for their own skill.

I can understand them, why would they train get good etc if they are blobbed down.What is the point in that ?

i rather get destoyed in 1v1, 2v2 etc than win a 4 vs 3 as winning with more numbers is dumb and realy not a win at allimo.

Adding the claim buff gave randoms the power the beat worse players. And adding watchtower and sentry marking system allowed unaware players to find fights where they can outnumber enemies.

It is not all bad but it definitely promoted bunkering, blobbing and outnumbering gameplay while destroying things like fair dueling and roaming freedom completely.

@Sansar.1302 said:i rather get destoyed in 1v1, 2v2 etc than win a 4 vs 3 as winning with more numbers is dumb and realy not a win at allYeah, you go do you then.

I'd like to see you meet a melee weaver, condi rev and support scrapper top-of-the-server guild group and still somehow argue that yes, together with xXLegolasXx over there as a core level 72 ranger in green gear and a dog pet as well as HulkBoy on the other side as a hammer firebrand in full soldiers, this is exactly enough numbers to fight them, anything else would be unfair so others should stay away or the fight becomes dumb.

I find it an absolutely ridiculous statement thats rejecting reality so hard its unbelievable.

Also, how exactly do you reconcile this line of thought if the fight is 3v4, then the outnumbered kills 2 and the fight become a 3v2. Did it become unfair and the fight is now dumb and not really a win at all if they beat them? How does that even work?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Sansar.1302 said:i rather get destoyed in 1v1, 2v2 etc than win a 4 vs 3 as winning with more numbers is dumb and realy not a win at allYeah, you go do you then.

I'd like to see you meet a melee weaver, condi rev and support scrapper top-of-the-server guild group and still somehow argue that yes, together with xXLegolasXx over there as a core level 72 ranger in green gear and a dog pet as well as HulkBoy on the other side as a hammer firebrand in full soldiers, this is exactly enough numbers to fight them, anything else would be
unfair
so others should stay away or the fight becomes
dumb

I find it an absolutely ridiculous statement thats rejecting reality so hard its unbelievable.

Also, how exactly do you reconcile this line of thought if the fight is 3v4, then the outnumbered kills 2 and the fight become a 3v2. Did it become unfair and the fight is now dumb and not really a win at all if they beat them? How does that even work?

As i only play solo meting a grp like that is gonna send me back to respawn (and it does it alot ), in a 1v1 on the otherhand almost only a rly good thief can kill me ( most thiefs are dead b4 they understand what happend )

Never before have it been so hard to solo and that have nothing to do with ballance only how most dont leave spawn before they have a grpand if ppl go out in wvw with bad gear or not fully levled then why not tell them to come back when more prepaird ?

Wonder why you cant have 6 vs 5 in spvp...

@Sansar.1302 said:Been solo roaming since 2 months after game went live ( have tried zerg play and smal scale too)Now these days ppl seam to trie to ruin any 1v1 or eaven 2 v1.yes, and this is nice. You can try riun something also

That is also when playing classes that most would not solo roam on.you can road on any class what you want

And before you say go to spvp that is the second game mode i play but it have never been as unrestricted as wvw with build, gear and food that can make realy fun builds in wvw.you can still do fun bliud on spvp. It will be fun, but no one guarantee top250.I am play on low silver with very fun build, feel good.

@Sansar.1302 said:Wonder why you cant have 6 vs 5 in spvp...No I dont wonder that since sPvP is all about outmanouvering your enemy so you can win points (more often than not by outnumbering them on that point).

Should we wonder why the winning team never forfeit the match because they are dominating the enemy and a win would be unfair and dumb?

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Sansar.1302 said:Wonder why you cant have 6 vs 5 in spvp...No I dont wonder that since sPvP is all about outmanouvering your enemy so you can win points (more often than not by outnumbering them on that point).

Should we wonder why the winning team never forfeit the match because they are dominating the enemy and a win would be unfair and dumb?

lol you bend every word , have seen you in other posts seam like you hate fighting yet you are active in a pvp sub board.

WvW in my mind is only about fighting all else is only flavor and thus we all should aim to have a healty game mode ( and in my mind that should mean that even numbred figths should be the norm not the exeption. all the way from 1v1 to full squad vs full squad. )Some deviation ofc, but as some the few last years active try to ruin any fair fight, why?

@Sansar.1302 said:

lol you bend every word , have seen you in other posts seam like you hate fighting yet you are active in a pvp sub board.

WvW in my mind is only about fighting all else is only flavor and thus we all should aim to have a healty game mode ( and in my mind that should mean that even numbred figths should be the norm not the exeption. all the way from 1v1 to full squad vs full squad. )Some deviation ofc, but as some the few last years active try to ruin any fair fight, why?

I enjoy WvW for what it is - the strategical aspect of holding or sieging objectives, the tactical aspect of combat both small and large.

If you want only fighting then nothing is stopping you. But it doesnt seem like you just want fights, you want fair dueling no matter the size of forces. So I will refer to my original reply far above.

@Sansar.1302 said:

You're asking a bunch of people to not fight when they see you having a predictable safe duel but somehow you're all about the fights?