It's time for transmutation charges and self style hair kits to go away!

Reaper X.6305

@"vicky.9751" said:ff14 lets you buy glamour prisms for free which do the same thing. I dont see why it has to be gated to daily login here or map completion.On the other hand, in truth FF XIV's glamour wardrobe system is vastly inferior to GW2's one. And by saying "vastly" i mean exactly that - FF XIV's system, compared to what we have here, is very primitive and limited. I'd love to have in FF XIV something that would be even half as good as the wardrobe here.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"vicky.9751" said:ff14 lets you buy glamour prisms for free which do the same thing. I dont see why it has to be gated to daily login here or map completion.On the other hand, in truth FF XIV's glamour wardrobe system is vastly inferior to GW2's one. And by saying "vastly" i mean exactly that - FF XIV's system, compared to what we have here, is
very
primitive and limited. I'd love to have in FF XIV something that would be even half as good as the wardrobe here.

But we are taking about removing the cost of transmutation, not the variety or number of transmutable items available. Anyway, right from launch when fashion war is still far from being a thing, those transmutation charges were already there.

I suppose you could argue that transmuation charges are so easily obtainable that they may as well not exist, so it would be a QoL improvement to have them removed, but I've been playing almost since launch which probably skews my view of them. This also assumes that they do not sell and are worthless to Anet due top their ready availability to me....

So I guess if Anet looked at the stats and the Charges have not sold in x months or years, maybe a QoL argument could be valid.

@Mil.3562 said:

@"vicky.9751" said:ff14 lets you buy glamour prisms for free which do the same thing. I dont see why it has to be gated to daily login here or map completion.On the other hand, in truth FF XIV's glamour wardrobe system is vastly inferior to GW2's one. And by saying "vastly" i mean exactly that - FF XIV's system, compared to what we have here, is
very
primitive and limited. I'd love to have in FF XIV something that would be even half as good as the wardrobe here.

But we are taking about removing the
cost
of transmutation, not the variety or number of transmutable items available. Anyway, right from launch when fashion war is still far from being a thing, those transmutation charges were already there.

But if the revenue from what charges ARE bought is funding the wardrobe and its complexity, then keeping it as is would be the way to go.

@yoni.7015 said:

@Stormcrow.7513 said:I would be ok with charges being a thing of the past

I don’t. There is no need to get rid of them. They are very easy to get for most players and they help Anet making money. We don’t pay a monthly fee for the game so we should allow Anet to make money.

While this somewhat of a contradictory statement I get your point. Who knows how much revenue Anet gets from TStones but you guys all have to keep this hush hush in case they nerf the amounts that we get lol.

For my part, I agree that the wardrobe system is too restrictive for most players due to transmute charge requirements. I think I would prefer it if they could create a system for cosmetic templates (armory possibly?). Instead of using a transmute charge to apply individual skins, players would use a single transmute charge to create or edit a cosmetic template.

Players wouldn't need as many charges to change their look frequently and truly enjoy the wonderful dye and wardrobe system GW2 has and ANet can market additional cosmetic template slots for the fashionistas. They could either sell these directly via the cash shop or create a vendor that sells them in exchange for a number of transmute charges.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:For my part, I agree that the wardrobe system is too restrictive for most players due to transmute charge requirements.

yeah if you don't PvP or WvW or level 10 story keyfarm or make lotsa characters you'll eventually run out of transmutes with no reliable, consistent way to replenish other than what @maddoctor.2738 mentioned above.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:I think I would prefer it if they could create a system for cosmetic templates (armory possibly?). Instead of using a transmute charge to apply individual skins, players would use a single transmute charge to create or edit a cosmetic template.

i'd like it if they did it like SWTOR where you have like 3 or 5 template tabs available for wardrobe/transmog then you could buy additional tabs if you needed more. for each tab you can set what gear you want to "wear" and when you click save/apply it charges you the ingame currency each time for any modification.

for gw2 they can make tabs cost gems or golds or transmute charges (like 10? per tab?) and have transmute charges used for each item/equipment slot you want to modify the look of.

I don't have a problem with the hairstyle kits.

However I do dislike that there are exclusive faces and hairstyles in them..There have been plenty of occasions where I have made new characters and then used a kit on them instantly afterwards because they don't have the right face or hair that I want them to have and those options were not available in the creation process.

I think it's long past time the creation process was updated to include these new faces and hairstyles.. but that's just me.Keep the colours exclusive, I don't care there but the faces and hair should be time locked for like a year or something and then become selectable in the creation process.

@Fuchslein.8639 said:

@Fuchslein.8639 said:How can you farm transmutation charges in PVE in the same mass like PVP or WVW without spending gems or gold?

The same way WvW players farm gifts of Maguuma, gifts of exploration, play the mode.

But how do I play PVE mode and farm as many transmutation charges as I would if I farmed WVW afk?There are only a limited number of maps you can explore per character.

Or is this another, boo you must play all game modes otherwise you are not worthy.Sure, I like to AFK farm wvw. It's anyway so sparsely populated that I no longer take away anyone's place :).Of course it's a pity for the few who still take WVW seriously, if they have a bunch of people who only do the most necessary and 80% of the time just stand around. But in the forum you get to hear again and again, play wvw x).

Yes. You need to be in WvW or sPvP. But the Neat thing is, you get them JUST FROM LOGGING ON.

But of course you can also buy them.

See? Four easy sources of getting them. In fact, I’d love to be able to sell the 3000+ ones I have!

Making trans-charges tradable would be a dream. Know a bunch of people who have so many because they hardly use them while someone like me, if the opportunity exists 100 per week is nothing ...I would also be someone who would actually buy more Gem-store skins if I could change them like I like.But buying something to use something already purchased? Or play modies that I find annoying for something exential in fashion-wars?Nah~, thanks no.And because I know that people would go back to it. I don't care how wvw or pvpler get their stuff. Because of me they can get everything you get in pve in their modies. I hate these exhausting comparisons like taking a lollipop away from a child ...

This would be acceptable too... If like so many people are saying here, "It's SO EASY to farm them, I have SO many, there is no reason to ever buy them from the gem store!" Let them sell them on the Trading Post, so people who DON'T want to farm hours and hours of WvW don't have to.

@Reaper X.6305 said:

@Fuchslein.8639 said:How can you farm transmutation charges in PVE in the same mass like PVP or WVW without spending gems or gold?

The same way WvW players farm gifts of Maguuma, gifts of exploration, play the mode.

But how do I play PVE mode and farm as many transmutation charges as I would if I farmed WVW afk?There are only a limited number of maps you can explore per character.

Or is this another, boo you must play all game modes otherwise you are not worthy.Sure, I like to AFK farm wvw. It's anyway so sparsely populated that I no longer take away anyone's place :).Of course it's a pity for the few who still take WVW seriously, if they have a bunch of people who only do the most necessary and 80% of the time just stand around. But in the forum you get to hear again and again, play wvw x).

Yes. You need to be in WvW or sPvP. But the Neat thing is, you get them JUST FROM LOGGING ON.

But of course you can also buy them.

See? Four easy sources of getting them. In fact, I’d love to be able to sell the 3000+ ones I have!

Making trans-charges tradable would be a dream. Know a bunch of people who have so many because they hardly use them while someone like me, if the opportunity exists 100 per week is nothing ...I would also be someone who would actually buy more Gem-store skins if I could change them like I like.But buying something to use something already purchased? Or play modies that I find annoying for something exential in fashion-wars?Nah~, thanks no.And because I know that people would go back to it. I don't care how wvw or pvpler get their stuff. Because of me they can get everything you get in pve in their modies. I hate these exhausting comparisons like taking a lollipop away from a child ...

This would be acceptable too... If like so many people are saying here, "It's SO EASY to farm them, I have SO many, there is no reason to ever buy them from the gem store!" Let them sell them on the Trading Post, so people who DON'T want to farm hours and hours of WvW don't have to.

But.... they do sell them on the trading post. From the Wiki:

"Purchased via the Black Lion Trading Company. Spent in the wardrobe to change appearance.

— In-game description"

@Astralporing.1957 said:

very

this isnt entirely correct, both games have limited transmute systems. you cant wear light on medium classes, and vice versa.the only plus gw2 has is, account wide dyes that dont have a limited number of uses.

@"kharmin.7683" said:

But.... they do sell them on the trading post. From the Wiki:

"Purchased via the Black Lion Trading Company. Spent in the wardrobe to change appearance.

— In-game description"

The BLTC is different from the Trading Post. BLTC is the gem store where you get many account-bound items. Trading Post is where players sell items to each other. The request here is to make them player tradeable. Which would be one way of evening out the distribution, for sure.

I'd love everything to be free to apply. Though I spend plenty in the gem store, I do not buy consumables other than keys; total makeover kits are a side effect of my occasional key purchases and transmute charges come from the chests plus logging in and playing the game. Also I spent a few years slowly saving up gold and finally bought a permanent hair stylist as one never dropped from a chest for me. ANet's not gaining any money from me at least by making appearance changes use resources. In fact they'd make more money from me if they A) made account bound unlocked skins convertible to charges or removed the charges requirement so I could delete a pile of skins from my bank to make room for me to buy more that I kinda like but don't have immediate use for and B ) (unrelated to appearance) made a tome that holds all VIP passes so I'd be willing to buy more passes that currently take up way too much space.

@kharmin.7683 said:Hard no. I really wish people would stop comparing GW2 and WoW. The business models are entirely different. Transmutation charges are easy to obtain and relatively cheap if one needs to purchase them. I prefer this current arrangement in lieu of a subscription model which would probably turn more players away.

Whh not?Wow, ffxiv, lotro and other games are competition to gw2.Black desert online for instance allows you to change everything unlimited amounts of time for 15$ a month and is a free to play game. So?15$ for unlimited changes a month >>> 3 changes for 10$

@"Astralporing.1957" said:On the other hand, in truth FF XIV's glamour wardrobe system is vastly inferior to GW2's one. And by saying "vastly" i mean exactly that - FF XIV's system, compared to what we have here, is very primitive and limited. I'd love to have in FF XIV something that would be even half as good as the wardrobe here.

Idk when you played ffxiv the last time but nope.Ffxiv has a wardobe with 12 slots, that allows you to create 12 different looks you want to apply on gear, it cost you nothing and you could change your look to a preset you made in few clicks.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@"Astralporing.1957" said:On the other hand, in truth FF XIV's glamour wardrobe system is vastly inferior to GW2's one. And by saying "vastly" i mean exactly that - FF XIV's system, compared to what we have here, is
very

Idk when you played ffxiv the last time but nope.Ffxiv has a wardobe with 12 slots, that allows you to create 12 different looks you want to apply on gear, it cost you nothing and you could change your look to a preset you made in few clicks.

the only thing gw2 has over ff14 is the dye system when it comes to transmuting (gw2) vs glamour (ff14). we have a wider variety of colours to choose from and multiple dye channels on most gear (though there are times the dye channels are badly placed on some equipment and outfits)

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@"Astralporing.1957" said:On the other hand, in truth FF XIV's glamour wardrobe system is vastly inferior to GW2's one. And by saying "vastly" i mean exactly that - FF XIV's system, compared to what we have here, is
very

Idk when you played ffxiv the last time but nope.Ffxiv has a wardobe with 12 slots, that allows you to create 12 different looks you want to apply on gear, it cost you nothing and you could change your look to a preset you made in few clicks.Sure it has glamour plates, and applying plates indeed costs you nothing. What you omitted however is that those glamour plates are made out of glamours you take from glamour wardrobe. And not only the number of slots in the wardrobe is limited (heavily limited, in a fact), but it doesn't work by unlocking skins, but by putting actual items in it. Not to mention you can change glamour plates only in few major cities, which in itself can be a problem if you want to have a different look for classes sharing a gear (i.e a separate look for a black and red mage, or for machinist, bard and dancer). And that's even without mentioning the dye system.Also, adding items to glamour wardrobe (or applying individual glamours) does cost you something. Sure, glamour prisms may be cheap, but they still exist (and it's not like in gw2 getting transmutation charges ingame is any harder, tbh).

In general, glamour system works if you want to have one generic look per role, and are very conservative about changing your looks. Or, if you play a single class and are interested in looks for that class only. If you are like me however, and like to have every single class dressed differently (and like to play with looks, changing them relatively often), then you will find out very, very fast how limited the glamour system is, and how you will constantly keep thinking about all the gw2 wardrobe features you would want to have instead.

would be nice, i am saving money for permanent hairstyle kit, and i am always out of transmute charges, make me mad that wvw and pvp get them by things they like and very often, and for pve we have to complete a whole map for only ONE 1 transmute charge, the time and reward is not balanced here (between game modes). i like pve but i hate completings maps, it takes hours. even completing city's takes too much time. gaming must be a relax thing near work but don't look like.

@titje.2745 said:would be nice, i am saving money for permanent hairstyle kit, and i am always out of transmute charges, make me mad that wvw and pvp get them by things they like and very often, and for pve we have to complete a whole map for only ONE 1 transmute charge, the time and reward is not balanced here (between game modes). i like pve but i hate completings maps, it takes hours. even completing city's takes too much time. gaming must be a relax thing near work but don't look like.

Completing the Grove takes 8 minutes.