End of Dragons Development Updates - [Merged]

@Raizel.1839 said:I'm still questioning why we stick with it instead of leaving for good, GW2 have really something special to be able to keep people despite the current management, what a shame its current state...Rather than being a matter of GW2 having something special to keep players in, it's a matter of what it lacks:It's simply the best MMO without a subscription fee.

@Konrad Curze.5130 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:Companies like Square Enix can release class info 2 years before the actual expansion drop, Anet instead can release a teaser...of a teaser and after one year no more info. What about?

1)Concept art of new elites? - They are already set in stone now, at the very least you can indicate what each new elite will focus..we don't even need gameplay video

2)Hint for new features....alliances? legendary armor?

3)Location of the new expansion like possible locations?

4)Monsterpedia?

After one whole year not even a single new info....

How do you know the elites are set in stone? I believe this game has had major profession overhauls mere months before a release. I know it has happened in other MMO’s.

It was stated by Anet, new Elites will be part of EoD, it's on wiki and there's a link proof.

It's confirmed that there will be new elite specializations.But it's not "set in stone" what they will be like, what weapons they will get, which type of utility skills they receive or which roles they aim to fill.

I mean, it's 11 months later. If the specs are still completely in flux and nothing is yet decided, it speaks volumes about the horrifying nightmare that is GW2 development right now

Then again if that was the case it'd greatly surprise me from any other studio BUT Anet

that level of sheer managerial ineptitude is what I've come to expect as the default here

We can't know exactly when the Devs started working on Elite Specializations for End of Dragons. The statement/quote in question is from November, 2020.

@yefluke.3168 said:

@zealex.9410 said:I really miss when they did the elite spec weeks back before hot's release. Every week you got art and then a livestream showcasing the content and that was really exciting.

My ideal hype window would bearound 4 to 6 months.

This, Is it difficult to do this? at all?

Isn't it too early for that? The first HOT elite spec revealed was Chronomancer, on April 30th 2015 and the other elite specs followed after that, until HOT released in October. Last elite spec revealed was the Druid, released September 25th, 2015, only 1 month before the launch of the expansion. Maybe they will reveal the next elite specs just like they did with HOT ones, when the time is right.

@zealex.9410 said:I really miss when they did the elite spec weeks back before hot's release. Every week you got art and then a livestream showcasing the content and that was really exciting.

My ideal hype window would bearound 4 to 6 months.

I can just hope that they don't do engineer so dirty again, tho.Scrapper was handled terribly back then. Absolutely nothing was ready to showcase on that livestream and the entire elite spec felt like they had to rush it since they decided to completely redo it 3 days before the scheduled livestream.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Raizel.1839 said:I'm still questioning why we stick with it instead of leaving for good, GW2 have really something special to be able to keep people despite the current management, what a shame its current state...Rather than being a matter of GW2 having something special to keep players in, it's a matter of what it lacks:It's simply the best MMO without a subscription fee.

ESO, WoW (with tokens), Neverwinter, BDO, Tera...

GW2 PR has always been weak. They have little desire to keep people updated and I don't see any evidence that it will change any time soon. The MMO market is not really the only MP game market anymore so games like NW are really just a relic of the past that haven't even been released yet. Co-op gaming is huge and takes a massive bite out of any MMO audience. EoD sales will mainly be to current GW2 players/game owners...you might gain a few but not enough to generate any buzz. PoF and HoT did virtually nothing for the main game base. The free GW2 base game did more for numbers than either expansion.

We also just ignoring the End Walker expansion? FF14 will get 5.5 in April, which leads into Endwalker in Fall. Which also dropped a ton of info, and will continue to release more info over the months. Same as WoW.

Star Citizen has (Apparently) more active players than GW2. Clearly they should try new tactics to bring people in. Instead of the same ol' stuff.

@Mortifera.6138 said:ESONever played it that one, but if it is anything like Skyrim, it's not my cup of raspberry-flavoured milk.WoWIt has a subscription and tokens don't count.Somebody will have bought the tokens, so they count as the subscription fee.NeverwinterIt doesn't look good from what I've seen.BDThe only good point is the character customization.The actual gameplay feels off, the content feels generic and the UI isn't clear enough.TeraIn my opinion, this one is just bad in every aspect.

I was shocked when i figured out the IB saga was closing in April, then someone told me that EoD is coming soon after that (May or June). i asked for sources and they couldn't give any. So I'm curious if anyone here can fill me in on release timelines as my google searches haven't turned anything up. Are there any hints in streams I missed?

@Firebeard.1746 said:I was shocked when i figured out the IB saga was closing in April, then someone told me that EoD is coming soon after that. i asked for sources and they couldn't give any. So I'm curious if anyone here can fill me in on release timelines as my google searches haven't turned anything up. Are there any hints in streams I missed?

‘Soon’ is a relative term. We haven’t really gotten anything definitive, there is an announcement that development is ongoing, that it will come out ‘after’ IBS, and a trailer. Nothing else has really been said. How soon that actually is.... well that’s anyone’s guess,

Speculation is end of summer beginning of fall. But it’s just that.. speculation.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Mortifera.6138 said:ESONever played it that one, but if it is anything like Skyrim, it's not my cup of raspberry-flavoured milk.WoWIt has a subscription and tokens don't count.Somebody
will
have bought the tokens, so they count as the subscription fee.NeverwinterIt doesn't look good from what I've seen.BDThe only good point is the character customization.The actual gameplay feels off, the content feels generic and the UI isn't clear enough.TeraIn my opinion, this one is just bad in every aspect.

What you're saying is opinion based, not factual. Besides WoW. I definitely do not think GW2 is the best MMO without a subscription, and it sure as hell isn't the best one with subscriptions.

This is the public info - a trailer, a release year and some concept pics

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/your-first-look-at-guild-wars-2-end-of-dragons/

In March, we let you know that development is underway on a third Guild Wars 2 expansion. To celebrate the game’s eighth anniversary, we’ve prepared a special surprise: a first look at what lies ahead in 2021, when we’ll release Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons.

In the land of Cantha, ancient voices reflect on Tyria’s history—and its future.

If I remember correctly with HoT the end of the preceeding Living World season was the announcement. When you finished the last episode of season 2 you got a teaser trailer for HoT and that was the first we knew of the expansion. Then PoF was announced a few days after the preceeding season ended. I think they told us EoD is coming earlier than planned because there was a fairly negative reaction to not having a paid expansion after season 4 (not just on this forum, it got media attention too), but that meant announcing it when they didn't have much to tell us beyond the fact that it's coming and the absolute basics of the story.

But the time between PoF being announced and being released was also pretty short. The last episode of Season 3 came out on 25th July 2017, they announced that they'd be announcing the next expansion on the 27th, did the big announcement event on the 1st August and it was released on 22nd September, so just under 2 months from one release to the next.

I'll be surprised if EoD is released 2 months after IBS ends, but I think it's entirely possible they'll start giving us more info around then and it will be out before the end of the year.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Firebeard.1746 said:I was shocked when i figured out the IB saga was closing in April, then someone told me that EoD is coming soon after that. i asked for sources and they couldn't give any. So I'm curious if anyone here can fill me in on release timelines as my google searches haven't turned anything up. Are there any hints in streams I missed?

‘Soon’ is a relative term. We haven’t really gotten anything definitive, there is an announcement that development is ongoing, that it will come out ‘after’ IBS, and a trailer. Nothing else has really been said. How soon that actually is.... well that’s anyone’s guess,

Speculation is end of summer beginning of fall. But it’s just that.. speculation.

I Should have clarified, the person talked in definitives: May or June. I was being ambiguous because I don't believe it XD. I mean it'd be cool, don't get me wrong....

@Firebeard.1746 said:

I Should have clarified, the person talked in definitives: May or June. I was being ambiguous because I don't believe it XD. I mean it'd be cool, don't get me wrong....

That person got nothing more to go on the hopes and wishes.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

rofl, as per HoT and PoF probably setember or december.

@Firebeard.1746 said:

It would be cool. I wasn’t trying to be snarky actually. ?

I guess my answer was more to others reading, and wasn’t a shot at you at all.

I'm not sure this is relevant but the base game was released at the end of August, HoT in October and PoF in September. That might just be a coincidence but if there's business or practical reasons for that timing then it seems likely EoD will release around the same time of the year.

Personally I'm expecting announcements in April with more information on the expansion and some clues as to when it's coming out, and that it will be released by the end of the year at the latest, but that could be wrong.

But I'm not in any hurry. We know IBS will continue until April so I don't need to know what's coming later until then, and we know the expansion is being worked on so we'll get news about it at some point. I don't need to know all the details until I want to decide if I'm going to buy it, and the earliest that could happen is when they start offering pre-purchase. At the moment I think it would be convenient for me if pre-purchase was available in mid-late May and the expansion released in early August, so that's what I'm hoping for, but I have absolutely no reason to expect that, it's just what would fit best around other stuff going on in my life.

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm not sure this is relevant but the base game was released at the end of August, HoT in October and PoF in September. That might just be a coincidence but if there's business or practical reasons for that timing then it seems likely EoD will release around the same time of the year.Probably to boost sales figures at the end of fiscal year.