THE DRAGONS ARE NOT STARS IN THE SKY

TeeracK.3601

You guys. I've figured it all out. You'll all think I'm crazy but this is gonna be it.

Luna new year is cantha themed.... in EoD were going to Cantha... The moon controls the ocean... the DSD is actually the deep space dragon! The deep sea dragon is actually the moon! This is gonna be some Majora's Mask meets Dalamud style stuff in EoD! Even the one image of the DSD that is as close to cannon as we've gotten so far looked more like it was in a nebula then water! It all makes sense! This is gonna be where they connect all the dots with the weird connection to stars they have been hinting to since the death of zaithan(the stars that vanish in the orr telescope after dragons die). What possible other story thread could there be that as the dev's put it "has been building up to all along" There are also other hints like how the jade sea vocally in mandarin means Cape of Stars. Cantha also had a lot of random things with the word celestial in the names like the celestial sigil, celestial ministry, celestial calendar, etc. As well as just outright the celestial creatures and weapons themselves added in factions. The Cantha version of ascension is called weh no su which means "getting closer to the stars" If there ever was a time to do the story about the stars they have been hinting at this would be the time to do it.

Also If the second domain for the DSD was gravity it would explain having floating fish enemies on land and water lifting up out of the sea and stuff to make DSD minions a threat anywhere.

EDIT: If anyone isn't familiar with the references to the stars in gw2. I recommend checking out an old

by wooden potatoes. he goes over most references.

@Randulf.7614 said:I score you 10/10 for not mentioning Lyssa and for making more Zelda references than Nintendo did for the anniversary

I think I personally only ever had two lyssa theories unless you're talking about the community as a whole.

I think though I might have actually solved the mystery! Gravity as the second domain of the DSD makes it easy to have floating water and fish all over on land zones to make the dragon relevant all over.

The next FF expansion is going to the moon and mmo's tend to do similar things around the same time.

@"Fueki.4753" said:But what if Selbbub is an Elder Dragon in only name, just like dinosaurs are written as ancient dragons in Japanese?We know it has tentacle'ish abilities and it's deep below the sea. It could be Cthulhu!Cthulhu also is related to stars, if I recall correctly.

It's funny you mention Cthulhu cause I considered mentioned that. Part of the lore of the call of Cthulhu is that when the stars are aligned just right they would awaken Cthulhu, so yeah it does fit well.

So many people think of that when it comes to bubbles because he's been described as an unknown horror and having tentacles. There are actually lots of other gods and demons in lovecraft besides just cthulhu. For example there is the short story "What the Moon Brings" that talks about how the moon is an evil creature that makes the water haunted and cursed with giant worms and creatures coming out from the bottom of the sea, and in all the core tyria zones with deep water sea wurms are a common enemy.

Also personally I always thought the Krait had a lot of visuals and lore that reminded me a bit of Mu (the sunken confident that Cthulhu once rules, but to be fair i feel like elements of that was already used on both orr and the crystal desert)

@"TeeracK.3601" said:So many people think of that when it comes to bubbles because he's been described as an unknown horror and having tentacles. There are actually lots of other gods and demons in lovecraft besides just cthulhu. For example there is the short story "What the Moon Brings" that talks about how the moon is an evil creature that makes the water haunted and cursed with giant worms and creatures coming out from the bottom of the sea, and in all the core tyria zones with deep water sea wurms are a common enemy.

However, Cthulhu being related to stars fits your thread title better than the moon.After all, the moon is not a star but a giant space rock.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"TeeracK.3601" said:So many people think of that when it comes to bubbles because he's been described as an unknown horror and having tentacles. There are actually lots of other gods and demons in lovecraft besides just cthulhu. For example there is the short story "What the Moon Brings" that talks about how the moon is an evil creature that makes the water haunted and cursed with giant worms and creatures coming out from the bottom of the sea, and in all the core tyria zones with deep water sea wurms are a common enemy.

However, Cthulhu being related to stars fits your thread title better than the moon.After all, the moon is not a star but a giant space rock.

It could work either way. Since lovecraft lore is more about the stars aligning awakening or telling of the coming of something else not them themselves being the issue. A lot of different fictions use the moon as an evil entity, a portal to another world, or some kind of hinged story point for bad things to come. Some based on lovecraft and some based on various religions. The moon is among the stars and could work fine, but yeah I suppose the theory could also work with with any celestial body like a shooting star or even tyrias north star Dwayne heart.

I personally think there is more stories tied to the moon that make it make more sense if it took a love craft approach, plus the connection to the sea works better with how it effects the tide even if people use stars to sale.

I'm guessing this is a joke but: the DSD is already awake and causing mayhem, the acryonym came after the fan nickname of deep sea dragon, which originally comes as a short hand for "dragon from the deepest sea", which is where the krait lived.

That said, points for not trying to tie in Lyssa. Or "Mother".

As to the stars, quick clarification:

since the death of zaithan(the stars that vanish in the orr telescope after dragons die)The telescope cinematic (though it often bugs) shows the creation of a star, which is presumably based on Kralkatorrik's awakening (or the cycle in general - it's not clarified, but a norn in Hoelbrak comments on how the auroras changed when Jormag woke so presumably each dragon alters the sky). We never saw a star vanish.

@"TeeracK.3601" said:So many people think of that when it comes to bubbles because he's been described as an unknown horror and having tentacles.Actually, just its minions were described that way. Minus "unknown". The unknown part is just player-side stuff, never mentioned in lore. And furthermore, every Elder Dragon's minions were described as horrors.

There are actually lots of other gods and demons in lovecraft besides just cthulhu.All hail Azathoth, the blind idiot god! Let not he awaken!