Tankers in WvW: sadly they rule the game and sabotage my fun in WvW

manu.7539

just that tiers have absolutely nothing to do with "skill". the old ppt commanders that have mostly quit the game anyways after gliders, mounts have been added, EotM killed and tournaments ceased, are still good fighters.

ranks have also only partly, ofc, since in earlier days there been bugs to abuse which allowed you to farm a lot of free ranks and free "ultimate dominator" title.

It looks like my team is doing good enough to stay in T1 next week. I'm so proud of their tenacity I guess I wont resist to jump back into WvW! Lets keep our crying babies in T1 another week! I'll dont have the satisfaction to win T1 but it will be just as satisfying!

For Ascalon! :D

yeh kinda dueler schold kill dps

as dps schold stay in back or not draw much attention

dps is good to play if you have duo that will cc target for you, or kinda be your shield (your dueler)

then you draw your full potential as glasscannon

you never 1vs1 as dps as it's not your role

dps is like "support" to dueler

dueler is 1/2 dps and 1/2 tank mosty win vs you as he can sustain your dmg in 1vs1 scenariobut dueler can't burst you like dps with 1-2 abilits, he need fight you a bit

dueler is importent role in group fights as well, as his first who will charge enemy geting all shoots in his face, alowing you (dps) take less hits as enemys will use all his cd on him, and allows you come close to enemy initiating fight

if ther was only dps roles, kinda first enemy who will charge will lose as that person will be crossfired be multiple ppl

and before you say anythink here is my rank, as dueler scrapper achived solo (eu)

zlFp50q.png

but i also agree with you, if thers too many duelers, as group your dmg will be low and you lose

Is it the players' fault or is the system broken? Why is the top of the ladder consistently the most boring place to be in this game mode? How is that good for a "competitive" game mode (yes I know WvW is super casual, but the point stands). T1 in this game does not mean better, it means those servers have the best off-hours coverage. BG with their SEA blobs and SoS with their OCX blobs. For people who play in NA time, that means there will be very little content when they play, and thus, they don't want to play in that tier and have no content for an entire week (at least). Maybe if scoring was changed a bit to actually reward fighting and action rather than ticking structures, things would improve. Maybe if there was actually a point to winning, things would improve. As of now, I don't understand how anyone even cares about winning in this game mode anymore unless they are new to it.

@"SWI.4127" said:Is it the players' fault or is the system broken? Why is the top of the ladder consistently the most boring place to be in this game mode? How is that good for a "competitive" game mode (yes I know WvW is super casual, but the point stands). T1 in this game does not mean better, it means those servers have the best off-hours coverage. BG with their SEA blobs and SoS with their OCX blobs. For people who play in NA time, that means there will be very little content when they play, and thus, they don't want to play in that tier and have no content for an entire week (at least). Maybe if scoring was changed a bit to actually reward fighting and action rather than ticking structures, things would improve. Maybe if there was actually a point to winning, things would improve. As of now, I don't understand how anyone even cares about winning in this game mode anymore unless they are new to it.

So many people claim its boring and blah blah blah but the thruth is most servers are just not smart enough to cooperate together as T1 servers do. Some guilds claim to be fighting guilds but they'll never accept the challenge to attack a BG keep. So yeah, enjoy t4 and the fights against the weakest like any stupid bullies would do but dont claim to be fighters, you're not.

@manu.7539 said:I dont care about rewards I care to play with a team of players that give their best even of its sometimes not enough to win. I'm enjoy ppk and fights like few others but you cant expect to win without ppt.

Since only WvW kept me into this game, yes any gems and expansions I bought were for WvW.

About my mental stability, yes you are right, that drives me crazy to see peoples asking to not win and doing their best to lose while we have a chance to win. That's why I stopped playing WvW. The game I enjoyed the most is ruined by careless peoples so I'm done until something happen to fix that losers mentality.

I stopped playing WvW too. My server used to often have ppl saying things like don't ppt, we don't want to go xtier, you going to get x server, I only go there for fast daily do some stuffs I like, roam the red borderland, maybe steal a few camps or if someone is attacking a keep and I think they gonna succeed would I bother to go join. Otherwise I will PvE and get more stuffs for MYSELF. I've been playing/helping my server often with 0 tier for progression and getting ridicule all the time while never getting to the last reward chest. I simply gave up, happier and more fun for me, people only care about own important. The earlier you realize this the better, I got stuck there thinking it would change for years. I see the situation getting worse and worse.

Just had a great day in T1, you guys dont know what you are missing!

@SweetPotato.7456 If you let the tankers convince you with all their false arguments and insults then u are screwed. I stand up for what I believe and my server over time stopped tanking, well very most of it,. It takes time, lots of drama, some guilds leave etc but at the end it feels good to be part of a team doing is best and care for each other ;)

i'm even transfering out of t1 , bc it's after all dead boring. and our open ppt tag runs for like eight to twelve hours on some days... and another one bandwagoned to the server lately even. ppt is just out of hand, if the score would mean anything, they would need to limit the off-hour ppt score worth.

(sadly cannot fight the posters here, since in EU... but it seems the issues are the same. absurd ppt by all the newbies and old newbies, who believe dpsclouds, supported by extrastats and siege are fun to attack into... or offhour-ppt-swarms. currently, EU has probably a stronger t1 even, still is the epitome of "no content"... people gone on weekend fighting into EotM overflow maps bc the other servers started straight clouding everywhere. and clouds in blobsize are just equally boring and way more toxic to way more players than tanking ppt could ever be, i feel.

@manu.7539 u'll just ruin your server in the end... it may get stuck in tier 1, but that's not hard since nobody really wants to be there, just don't complain afterwards if a unlink happens, or if u get a very small link, which sorta kills any hope of big ppt score.

certain people (guess who i refer to) provide a good farm, but siege cannot win u a battle. if a fighting blob would be interesting in taking your precious keeps, it would do that. of course, smaller guild groups won't be able to, if u have a cloud of 50-60 full dps pew pewing from the walls, suicide bombing into siege and using a ton of siege themselves constantly... then again, at this point nobody would tryhard about it.

@SweetPotato.7456 i'm not sure what point u try to make there? participation is rather easy to get, even without tryharding at least on monday or tuesday u should have it. participation only needs to stay over 4 for this. u get participation of anything by just killing a single npc outside a keep, if your group flips it afterwards etc..

there's enough helping sites for builds and infos about mechanics online, so i'm not sure what the big problem is. ppt is a bad participation provider anyways, flipping camps and sentries is only good for bridging participation (so it doesn't drop if a tag makes 5-10min break or hasn't started yet etc)

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

"nobody really wants to be there"

Oh really? haha, commun argumentation but then explain me why people are bandwagoning with bg, sos and any server trying to compete for T1?

And again, dont try to fool me kids, there is some real WvW fans who only paid and ask to play it by WvW rules. PPTing isnt just an insignificant part of the game, it require strategy and cooperation between any players. Its not a guild thing, its a team thing. You want to GvG in WvW and just dont respect those players who paid to play WvW, not GvG! You dont have the right to ask us to lose, its OUR game, not yours!

@"LetoII.3782" looks like maguuma is that one server that has some guilds that can fight, but not too many as well. the greens and blues in this matchup look a bit like lemmings... that is simply their classy t1 ppt behaviour these days... "drown them in bodies! for nothing and nothing, but we'll do it bc we think we win anything that way while irl we only provide them a way better farm than they'll ever know!"

however, notsure which site u use for kdR count. it's the highest in the matchup, but not that big (unless that was kdR in like 1 specific hour) - and after gw2mists, also only positive kdR in EBG (while RBG isn't that bad either)

@"manu.7539"try to read the argumentation line then.

crazy ppt leads to unlinked, transfers off of strong fighting people and to dying servers.

nothing tells better than Desolation, the server been #1 in t1 for years, until people decided to break this boring system. (legit, when i started playing, i was confused to be not green color as we got #2 once in several weeks)

about eight guilds left, few others dissolved, within the last three years. ppt'ers make the biggest population now and expect to be carried by the few remaining players.

this "MY game, not YOUR game" mentality is weird. i rarely read this that directly like here. unless u own the company "Arenanet", then no, it's not your game. and wdym, you paid for it? everyone who has the expansions did sorta pay for it, some even bought the core game back then. some even buy gems now and then, idk.

active guilds provide content, on all sides. and they don't waste space really since playtime/hours count. ergo, you have no point, and u repeat that "no point" a bit too stoically.

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

try to read the argumentation line then.

crazy ppt leads to unlinked, transfers off of strong fighting people and to dying servers.

nothing tells better than Desolation, the server been #1 in t1 for years, until people decided to break this boring system. (legit, when i started playing, i was confused to be not green color as we got #2 once in several weeks)

about eight guilds left, few others dissolved, within the last three years. ppt'ers make the biggest population now and expect to be carried by the few remaining players.

this "MY game, not YOUR game" mentality is weird. i rarely read this that directly like here. unless u own the company "Arenanet", then no, it's not your game. and wdym, you paid for it? everyone who has the expansions did sorta pay for it, some even bought the core game back then. some even buy gems now and then, idk.

active guilds provide content, on all sides. and they don't waste space really since playtime/hours count. ergo, you have no point, and u repeat that "no point" a bit too stoically.

What can I say, u keep saying about the same lines, I stand my ground and thats it. Tankers are worst than leechers, the only way to push them out is to force them to play in T1. Tanking also lead to transfers for those expecting some real competition with a real WvW server. Like it or not, admit it or not, GvG isnt WvW. I wouldnt care so much if you guys come in WvW but at least dont ask us to lose, or worst working to make us lose just because for a couple of week your GvG will be harder. And not talking about all of those snubbing ppters like if we were a bunch of noobs who doesnt understand the game.

Wvw is the whole mode. every thing that exists within it counts towards that. just because u think what u fantasized together there, those aren't the rules.

people don't tank to get easier matchups... tier one is literally the lowest skillgrade. people "tank" to get the matchups with similar amounts of guilds to fight, and promising, challenging fights, to improve their skills at fighting coordinated. guilds want good fights, not chasing cloudy blobs of roamerclasses.

yes, ppt'ers do exist. and everyone knows that.

"Tankers are worst than leechers, the only way to push them out is to force them to play in T1."... tankers (who don't play so u get farmed over and over bc u cannot defend objectives) are ... leechers (those who let other people do the work and jump into a keep the last second... a 99% only jokingly used term)? that totally makes sense. yeah, no. not really.

"GvG isnt WvW"... erm, Wvw contains GvG.. probably yet since the very first months.

" Tanking also lead to transfers for those expecting some real competition with a real WvW server. "nah, the transfers into t1 are called bandwagoning for a reason. people transfer there to farm very active masses of players who run no proper builds. guilds rather avoid to transfer into t1, bc ur stuck there usually for several weeks. ppt'ers transfer sometimes every relink to a t1 server or link, because they have some weird illusions about "winning ppt is life".

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:Wvw is the whole mode. every thing that exists within it counts towards that. just because u think what u fantasized together there, those aren't the rules.

people don't tank to get easier matchups... tier one is literally the lowest skillgrade. people "tank" to get the matchups with similar amounts of guilds to fight, and promising, challenging fights, to improve their skills at fighting coordinated. guilds want good fights, not chasing cloudy blobs of roamerclasses.

yes, ppt'ers do exist. and everyone knows that.

"Tankers are worst than leechers, the only way to push them out is to force them to play in T1."... tankers (who don't play so u get farmed over and over bc u cannot defend objectives) are ... leechers (those who let other people do the work and jump into a keep the last second... a 99% only jokingly used term)? that totally makes sense. yeah, no. not really.

"GvG isnt WvW"... erm, Wvw contains GvG.. probably yet since the very first months.

" Tanking also lead to transfers for those expecting some real competition with a real WvW server. "nah, the transfers into t1 are called bandwagoning for a reason. people transfer there to farm very active masses of players who run no proper builds. guilds rather avoid to transfer into t1, bc ur stuck there usually for several weeks. ppt'ers transfer sometimes every relink to a t1 server or link, because they have some weird illusions about "winning ppt is life".

Your about to write a book! Its ok, dont spend your life here, I already said what I had to. Keep on convincing urself if u want I'm gone :persevere: