How you fight against a Scepter/Pistol Staff condi Mirage in WvW

len.7809

Condi mesmer is a very heavy counter to any ele build because confusion hurts a lot considering that you need to cast a lot of skills which can kill you in the process. I think your best options are something like d/f with lightning rod (shocking aura helps counter the evades and I dont think that mirage has that many stun breaks) or fire sword because of constant pressure with condies (iirc mirage cleanses arent that strong either). Both builds should be played with some kind of cleanse in them (can be harder on d/f because air spec has no cleanses and arcane is just too valuable for any pvp build). FA is just a suicide unless you take the first shot and burst the mesmer down before it stun breaks/evades your initial combo.

dodge mes scepter 3 and as many bursts as you can. their bursts counter melee, so kite when they have a bunch of illusions. killing the illusions is the best option but don't go out of your way to do it, aoes are best. don't use skills when you have lots of confusion and don't move when you have lots of torment. seriously just stand still if the duration is short, they can't kill you with auto attacks. they have a port so save yours or a leap so you can stick to them. they will have 1-2 invis so use big aoes when they do. don't go out of your way to pressure if they are really mobile like mirage, make them engage you. use your cleanses only after a big condi burst hits you. mes as a class is weird cuz it gets more offensive power the more its engaged. gl.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:dodge mes scepter 3 and as many bursts as you can. their bursts counter melee, so kite when they have a bunch of illusions. killing the illusions is the best option but don't go out of your way to do it, aoes are best. don't use skills when you have lots of confusion and don't move when you have lots of torment. seriously just stand still if the duration is short, they can't kill you with auto attacks. they have a port so save yours or a leap so you can stick to them. they will have 1-2 invis so use big aoes when they do. don't go out of your way to pressure if they are really mobile like mirage, make them engage you. use your cleanses only after a big condi burst hits you. gl.

oh boi, last night i crossed a condi mirage that spams dodge scepter 1 when she has 3 clones available, standing still in that situation is not an option.the thing is thst they can apply condis faster that i can cleanse

@len.7809 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:dodge mes scepter 3 and as many bursts as you can. their bursts counter melee, so kite when they have a bunch of illusions. killing the illusions is the best option but don't go out of your way to do it, aoes are best. don't use skills when you have lots of confusion and don't move when you have lots of torment. seriously just stand still if the duration is short, they can't kill you with auto attacks. they have a port so save yours or a leap so you can stick to them. they will have 1-2 invis so use big aoes when they do. don't go out of your way to pressure if they are really mobile like mirage, make them engage you. use your cleanses only after a big condi burst hits you. gl.

oh boi, last night i crossed a condi mirage that spams dodge scepter 1 when she has 3 clones available, standing still in that situation is not an option.the thing is thst they can apply condis faster that i can cleanse

oh yeah i forgot about that lol. well hopefully some of what i said is useful.

Out of curiosity (if you're still looking for pointers) are you running mostly Air as your damage dealing trait line? What traits and stuff are you running?

Air is great for dps but really gets countered hard by most Condi classes. Even some hybrid classes that can whittle you away with their own extra condi damage. I usually find running Fire as the best middle ground for fighting condi mesmers and other condi classes You can get some good power through might stacking, extra condi pressure and Fire has some really good condi cleanse built into it. It might be worthwhile looking into having a Fire build just for these situations. Fighting them with Air is all about who lands the burst first. Maybe consider swapping out a trait or skill for something a bit more defensive to eat up the condi like Stone Resonance or Bolstered Elements. If they are pure sustain/condi hybrids I would just swap to water and let the battle go on forever haha.

Core D/D is a beast on itself. Whenever I encountered a condi player I struggle with on core, I have to run Fire/Water/Arcane just to survive. Surviving isn't too hard but there is little damage so that really just prolongs it. I have tried (with some success) Ether Renewal when dueling heavy condi players. It can work... but its awkward to use.