What I'd like to see change with the Desert Borderland and Overall WVW

tridanite.7641

desert border needs to be flattened more. and all "ruins" and this borderlands bloodlust thing needs to get just removed.

plus, the spawn is just placed the worst way possible. imagine the alpines had their spawn BEHIND the nc ... lmfao, u could never defend garri in time. just freaking trading nc and spawn locations would help desert to be a lot more playable.

outside of that, DBL isn't that horrible designed. the elite mobs like the wyvern have still no use at all, but yeah, idk.

if we just upgrade EotM to full map (real map with participation and ppt score contribution), then it'd help to have the players stretched out more also.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:Decreasing map size could work.The entire Ruins area takes up 30% of the map for no reason.Scaling the map is not an option either. That's a new map because people arent exactly talking about adding a bush here and there,

It's funny you should mention that. I think one reason the red map failed was the collision detection on exposed roots and bushes. Just turn it off, please!

@Svarty.8019 said:

It's funny you should mention that. I think one reason the red map failed was the collision detection on exposed roots and bushes. Just turn it off, please!

Nah no one was tripping over roots and bushes.People were getting stuck on stairs and cliff faces.

The most infamous flight of stairs is the one West of Air Keep, leading up to the North Air Shrine.That flight of stairs have so many wonky hit detection yu can auto run and be walking into an invisible wall if yu do not turn yur character at a specific angle.

They put so much work on revamping desert bl for nothing that no surprise they lost interest in WvW balancing.

Imagine making a bad map for years, then fixing it for years, just for it to stay unpopular. Just existance of Desert map holds WvW back because all the effort put in it and lot of the HoT tactics, siege and upgrade times being designed around it. There is no way shield gen would exist unless Desert bl didn't have so many impossible-to-reach treb/AC spots. We also went from 5 maps to 3 (both eotm and red bl dead)

I have some good moments on the map, for example fighting in massive canyons is always entertaining: even on alpine, but frankly HoT balancing was otherwise a mess.