Meta is fixed now in my opinion

GuriGashi.5617

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Yeah, everything is fixed. All problem removed. A couple of my great "patches" like this, and there won't be anything left at all but sticks and rags,.

I think we are close now! It is apparent the current sPvP devs revile violence and would prefer we solve our disputes in sPvP peacefully.

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:Yeah, everything is fixed. All problem removed. A couple of my great "patches" like this, and there won't be anything left at all but sticks and rags,.

Doesn't feel like sticks and rags to me right now, also nerf theef.

@Falan.1839 said:Yeah, everything fixed. Rev still a premium class with 4 meta builds, resistance rune nerf making condi sider builds more obnoxious than ever, Burn DH untouched except for a bugfix, the META IS FIXED GUYS.

Fyi the bug fixed was something that made DH able to surprise attack with maw on sword 2, consider it a nerf.

Also saying that Rev hasn't gotten nerfed at all may as well show how little you knew of what made them strong in the first place.

Herald has been neglected after feb balance until people used Resistance with them, meaning both power and condi took a hit while Renegade was exceedingly good because getting ahold of them was nearly impossible with speed runes.

@Falan.1839 said:Yeah, everything fixed. Rev still a premium class with 4 meta builds, resistance rune nerf making condi sider builds more obnoxious than ever, Burn DH untouched except for a bugfix, the META IS FIXED GUYS.

The bug fix significantly reduces the chance of landing the elite trap? And of course, I still think the patch is really bad, and trapper rune is just ... but after the bug, I see less burn DH in p1-p2 games, but who knows what will happen in the next few weeks.

@Filip.7463 said:DH needs to stay so people can actually die.

actually sad but true, we all know DH is fucked, we all know lich for is fucked, but we need those things to kill anything.When I get 25 might on a soulbeast, and use sic em rapid fire + barrage and people can eat it all, survive and keep reviving downed there is no hope, we need DH with its 15k+ dmg per skill in aoe to finish anything

Except that I mentioned both, Burn DH and Rev. If we say both specs will be nerfed in the future, there is really not anything problematic left, except maybe Soulbeasts as sidenoders. All the problematic specs falling slowly out of meta will also enable less played classes like Mesmer

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

actually sad but true, we all know DH is kitten, we all know lich for is kitten, but we need those things to kill anything.When I get 25 might on a soulbeast, and use sic em rapid fire + barrage and people can eat it all, survive and keep reviving downed there is no hope, we need DH with its 15k+ dmg per skill in aoe to finish anything

If there is no dh, then no one can kill bunkers.

@Filip.7463 said:

actually sad but true, we all know DH is kitten, we all know lich for is kitten, but we need those things to kill anything.When I get 25 might on a soulbeast, and use sic em rapid fire + barrage and people can eat it all, survive and keep reviving downed there is no hope, we need DH with its 15k+ dmg per skill in aoe to finish anything

Bunkers aren't meant to be killed 1v1 anyway, don't see what the problem is.

@Shao.7236 said:

Bunkers aren't meant to be killed 1v1 anyway, don't see what the problem is.

supports cant be killed in XvX, which is a problem, and when they do go down they get picked up, and when somehow they get finished off it took so long that it doesnt matter anyways, and likely so many cooldowns were used that you cant do anything to other support that other one will spawn and come back to save his ass anyways.This is my beef. I have games where 2 min capricorn fight ends with enemy wiping, I leave as a roamer to cap/decap but support spawns, runs in 1v3 and tanks long enough to stall for other bunkers to arrive and shit here we go again.This is an issue with the gw2 balancing, in most if not all games supports are rather squishy, meanwhile in gw2 support is a bunker that can also heal others.Like warrior has 26k hp, how do you kill this brick?

Thing about this patch is that it addressed a lot of issues in „higher tiers“ where dh just isn’t a problemFor ranked q where people can’t deal with it however it still is a reality that dh is very strong against people who don’t quite know how to deal with itIm assuming it will be addressed in the next patch

@torben.1532 said:Thing about this patch is that it addressed a lot of issues in „higher tiers“ where dh just isn’t a problemFor ranked q where people can’t deal with it however it still is a reality that dh is very strong against people who don’t quite know how to deal with itIm assuming it will be addressed in the next patch

Personal comment here, i find DH annoying because it takes forever to kill one, and they do so much damage through passive burn applications (all they really need to do is hit a couple times with some auto's to proc a sizable chunk of burning damage to you) while at the same time doing sizable power damage, so not only do you get harassed by persistent conditions, but also have to dodge quiet a few attacks.

Now this didn't phase me most of the time because I understand how to fight against a DH...but when it takes years to kill them...block, block, dodge, block block, heal trap, block, F2 Heal, Invuln...F2 Heal again and disengage, heal trap stealth away... It get's really frustrating to fight something that's strong and resilient, all while having to kite off node since traps are also AOE.

Now i don't mind that this build exists...in fact it's always existed. I just hate having to be shoehorned into 1 build in order to beat really, any bunker-y build in this game (which in my case is Zerk Reaper) and this limits how I can deal with a build like DH...which for a zerk reaper isn't exactly easy to beat. I can understand with BM but the drop in damage from zerk to BM is so significant, that you can't ever beat a Healbreaker with it...at least not in any feasible amount of time.

I us-to have maybe 8-9 different builds I could use to enjoy the game, and now it's just 1...because nothing else can even come close to being remotely competitive. This is what I find frustrating really. Staring at the only build I can play and not actually enjoying playing it because it's so limiting.

Now ya, I could join the dark side and just play a DH, or play a Sevenshot or play a healbreaker... but the truth is that I don't want to. I want to play the class I enjoy, on a build I create and still be useful. Otherwise this game just isn't fun.

And so at best, I've played only couple hours over the past couple months, and usually only to check patch changes. All the vet's and people i us-to know are gone...what's left really but a game that makes you toxic after a few hours because it's not fun at all? Blow out matches...ridiculously dull mechanics...Nobody even in duel arena's to duel with anymore even or experiment with builds.

For me, everything just went downhill post-February, and I knew it would. Just makes me disappointed...anyway... /end rant

@Shao.7236 said:

Bunkers aren't meant to be killed 1v1 anyway, don't see what the problem is.There is a difference between bunker and support. I agree that bunkers aren't meant to be killed in 1v1 but supports are supposed to be destroyed in 1v1. healbreaker/core guard/Tempest, they re all supports and not bunkers but yet can't hold enough in 2v1.I think is the issue in this game is that in other games, supports can't heal themself while healing others, which means the others need to defend him as fuck, or they're dead. In gw2 there is no need for that. As a support, you can heal yourself and others at the same time. There is no risk anymore for playing support.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

Bunkers aren't meant to be killed 1v1 anyway, don't see what the problem is.There is a difference between bunker and support. I agree that bunkers aren't meant to be killed in 1v1 but supports are supposed to be destroyed in 1v1. healbreaker/core guard/Tempest, they re all supports and not bunkers but yet can't hold enough in 2v1.I think is the issue in this game is that in other games, supports can't heal themself while healing others, which means the others need to defend him as kitten, or they're dead. In gw2 there is no need for that. As a support, you can heal yourself and others at the same time. There is no risk anymore for playing support.

You know that the ability to heal oneself doesn't equal to being a bunker, yeah? I'm not even going to pick on details like the existence of 'outgoing healing' traits.No risk playing support? Try solo quieting as a support, and your are at the mercy of your team. If they can't peel for you, you get chain CCed and die in 1 blink. Also, heal scaling has been practically erased from the game mode, so even if you can heal yourself, very often you are much better off investing into toughness or vitality to.....drumrolll...play as a bunkers or bunker/dps.Both are completely different playstyles, and both are equally viable.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 Let's not forget though even before the patch. Every good iteration of guard builds always had Renewed Focus making it annoying to fight virtues, it was especially annoying with Firebrand.

@"Leonidrex.5649" Tell you this, I play with my buddy Sammy and we coordinate a lot of our approaches together to demolish people. Bunkers haven't "really" been an issue as long as we kept our flow going. I can share the mindset that some are too strong, but they're definitely not unkillable with good plays, it's not until even that doesn't work that I'll start considering them being overpowered, but perhaps they are overperforming a little on the input side of things. To be fair it's an unsure statement again because a support/bunker with a bad team is going to lose, but a bunker fighting against a bad team even thought they have bad teammates are likely to win for tunnel visioning very hard. Don't think you could ever fix this behavior unless everyone is glass.