the patch

Stand The Wall.6987

My 2 cents:

Barrier nerfs to Ele and Scrapper were necessary. It was way too easy to live forever ( or until you get +1d lul ) with builds that exploit that shit.

Fixing the exploit that allowed DH to cheese Maw was unexpected but appreciated.

Necro nerfs missed the mark entirely lmao putrid explosion is not the issue with Necromancer. It never has been the issue with Necromance. Big lolwut nerf here.

Ranger nerfs seems to be touching on decap druid ( which is good as that build is 100% braindead ), but the kickback on might actually be an unintentional buff to DPS builds with GS as it makes followup combos more fluid. Or maybe the buff was intended. Overall decent changes.

Renegade nerfs actually (unintentionally?) added an element of skill to the build. It's still possible to gain over 20 might with vindication, BUT only if you are hitting from behind/flank. Anet may have added a level of interactivity to Renegade that was not intended, or maybe it was intended, but I do appreciate builds being nerfed in a way that encourages smarter gameplay.

Warrior the changes to barrier and vig shouts are good, but I dislike the change to FC. FC is a skill that punishes mindless gameplay. It always feels good 1v1ing a warrior and then stowing weapons at the perfect moment to screw his full counter. I believe the nerf to it at this point is just catering to the lesser skilled crowd. I've noticed even in high 1600+ rated games many mongas still don't even seem to have stow bound to a key. At some point Anet is just going to have to let people gitgud.

I think it's dumb that they touched Rune of Resist but not Trapper runes. Resistance is a necessary evil to combat a lot of the mindless condi spam builds due to how quickly most condi abilities cast, and nerfing it without also nerfing Cthief means it could easily creep into the meta which is bad as that build is universally hated even by the people who play it. I've been maining thief in WvW lately and I refuse to play that monkey trash build. Trapper rune enables mindless spam-aoes-on-point builds.

Nerfing speed runes speed boost was fair and the right call though.

Overall patch grade: B-, I think the biggest problem with it is not what it did, but what it DIDN'T do.

@Krysard.1364 said:

@WillPaharu.4837 said:I just don't see how nerfing poor little decap druid was called for at all. some one explain logic of this. you can't. it wasn't even close to great. leave the "good" builds alone. only worry about the meta stuff. that's where the broken is.

Because decap builds should not exist

why not?( says i have to make it longer so here is more words haha)

Boring bunker builds that dont even try to fight players, just keep them off node. Unengaging, unfun and cheesy builds that, together with any other stale based builds, should simply not be a viable way to play the game

I find playing bunker builds the most fun and engaging. it's not broken like it was. if you don't play right, you get killed. If you don't pay attention, you get killed. It involves a lot of skill and awareness to play decap druid well. You have to pay attention to buffs on opponent and surroundings. I'd understand if bunker builds were still broken, but they simply aren't. they can be quickly decimated for one mistake. I would encourage you to try and play push druid and see how "boring" it is and how well you can do.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@WillPaharu.4837 said:I just don't see how nerfing poor little decap druid was called for at all. some one explain logic of this. you can't. it wasn't even close to great. leave the "good" builds alone. only worry about the meta stuff. that's where the broken is.

Because outplaying them may require reasoning, surely you can't expect that in game gearing more and more towards mindless button smashing

hahaha exactly. frikin button mashers. haha. push druid is the opposite of that. you can't just spam buttons and do well. I really love that about the build

@Krysard.1364 said:

Boring bunker builds that dont even try to fight players, just keep them off node. Unengaging, unfun and cheesy builds that, together with any other stale based builds, should simply not be a viable way to play the game

a game thrives when there's a variety of ways to play. :)

@"Eli.4291" said:LOL they really nerfed ele, warrior, ranger & a cleansing rune while FIXING DH BUGS. lmao. Buckle down guys the DH meta is going to be a long one

You do realise that that "bug fix" is actually a nerf, right? And is, infact, such a significant nerf that we probably won't see DH anymore at top-level play? It will, of course, continue to linger in lower ranks, because lower ranks always take 6 months to catch on to what the pros are doing.

@"WillPaharu.4837" said:I find playing bunker builds the most fun and engaging. it's not broken like it was. if you don't play right, you get killed. If you don't pay attention, you get killed. It involves a lot of skill and awareness to play decap druid well. You have to pay attention to buffs on opponent and surroundings. I'd understand if bunker builds were still broken, but they simply aren't. they can be quickly decimated for one mistake. I would encourage you to try and play push druid and see how "boring" it is and how well you can do.And yet others find is absolutely disengaging.If they can't even make a slight dent into that HP pool, they stop trying, because it's not worth trying to fight.And something that others would rather avoid fighting doesn't sound very appealing for PvP.

I will be just really really subjective and selfish here (because being objective is pointless anyway, only very few care about risk/reward and fair gameplay):

• they didn't nerf teef -> whew O_o'
  • they nerfed other classes -> indirect, slight buff to teef -> wee O.o
  • DH bug got supposedly fixed -> yay O_O?
  • DH/trapper runes weren't touched -> yikes :s

@Cynz.9437 said:I will be just really really subjective and selfish here (because being objective is pointless anyway, only very few care about risk/reward and fair gameplay):

• they didn't nerf teef -> whew O_o'
  • they nerfed other classes -> indirect, slight buff to teef -> wee O.o
  • DH bug got supposedly fixed -> yay O_O?
  • DH/trapper runes weren't touched -> yikes :s

You forgot they nerfed the speed rune 60% to 50% runspeed for swiftness. This effects nec quite heavily and prob other classes.

@Krysard.1364 said:

Add CC spam and that is spvp since last year February patch.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

Necro nerfs missed the mark entirely lmao putrid explosion is not the issue with Necromancer. It never has been the issue with Necromance. Big lolwut nerf here.

I see many people didn't get it. Here is my opinion on this:Will start with saying "necro needs more nerfs, and DH is too strong bla bla bla" before somebody comes and points out that I forgot and missed it while it is unrelated to my post which is about scourge minionmancer.

Now the essential: Those necro nerfs were aimed to minionmancer bunker scourge. That spec is absolutely broken, I am not sure that those nerfs have fixed it, but will definitely make it easier to deal with those scourges. The thing with them, their most damage comes out of destroying their minions, and their best counterplay is also killing minions to make them less tanky, while by killing those minions melee you could end up killing yourself. So overall a good nerf, it opens some counterplay vs those scourges, which are a real nightmare.I guess the whole patch was aimed to tune down the bunkers, I don't understand why everyone is so unhappy. You haven't even tried some games before commenting, test at least a lil before making assumptions.

@Eli.4291 said:LOL they really nerfed ele, warrior, ranger & a cleansing rune while FIXING DH BUGS. lmao. Buckle down guys the DH meta is going to be a long one? DH is ok. Why you worry? If DH wil be stronger 2x in spvp this is not impact game at all. We have perfect mmr system, and by this sistem get matched player in teams.

Weaver :Fewer barriers is a good thing

EngineerFlash shell : greatImpact savant : okBulwark gyro : not sure if it was necessary with impact savant nerfs, will see.

Ranger :I have been saying for a year that ranger was only good at 1 thing which was “push, push”. This nerf still is a surprise. I expected an immob nerf but I think this is a way better target. It leaves immob as a support option and lessens push as the main goal of rangers.

Rev :ok I guess. I do not know much about renegade but less damage seems good.

Warrior :Full counter : I have been saying 2 seconds was a bad idea since the start for a skill that already does a lot so I am happy about this change.Call of valor : had a ridiculous amount of utilities build into it so that’s good.Vigorous shouts : Need to see how it goes. We could see some tempest back.

Runes :Rune of speed : YES! THANK YOU!Rune of resistance : I might have chosen 40s but it is a good change.

Necro :Nothing I really care about. Necro is mostly fine (outside of lich auto)

It is a really good patch.I just think that the meta will mostly be guard and guard for every teamfight, some rev and maybe necro to try to counter the fact that you see a guard every fight. (I could also try deadeye again for multiple steal). Sidenode might be a little more open.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"WillPaharu.4837" said:I find playing bunker builds the most fun and engaging. it's not broken like it was. if you don't play right, you get killed. If you don't pay attention, you get killed. It involves a lot of skill and awareness to play decap druid well. You have to pay attention to buffs on opponent and surroundings. I'd understand if bunker builds were still broken, but they simply aren't. they can be quickly decimated for one mistake. I would encourage you to try and play push druid and see how "boring" it is and how well you can do.And yet others find is absolutely disengaging.If they can't even make a slight dent into that HP pool, they stop trying, because it's not worth trying to fight.And something that others would rather avoid fighting doesn't sound very appealing for PvP.

If a player can't make a dent in a druid then they are really...really bad. Is there a bunker build that invinsible? My only thought would be maybe scrapper. I can tell you as a druid player, it aint druid. I get my ass kicked a lot. a simple plus from another player can get me off the point in an instant.

I think you're over stating things haha. Bunkers are fine these days, not op.