The mastery for expansion 3

Hoover.6394

Each expansion has its core mastery thing that’s unique, HOT with gliding and POF with mount, both movement features, that makes me think maybe the next expansion with follows the pattern.

Cos movement is more unique and universal unlike mastery that buffs ur fighting skills which there’s already tons of them.

I found the special movements in lunar new year’s Celestial challenge and Dragon ball mode are quite fun: dragon high jump, snake blink, horse dash, etc. if the next expansion bring us those type of mastery I would be happy, they also fits the oriental Kungfu and Qi art which works well with Cantha.

Heart of Thorns brought a lot more Masteries than just Gliding.Central Tyria Masteries have little to do with movement.
Only Path of Fire Masteries were concentrated on Mounts.

I'm guessing End of Dragons Mastery will be something else; perhaps, Housing or Fishing or Sailing. I don't know; something other than just movement. /shrug

We need some op open world abilities , which makes leveling experience for newer accounts fan and for old accounts , leveling alts easy , simply something between silkroad online's chaos mode or some high fantasy things like drawing out your soul and use it for some op abilities (maybe void jump , soul split etc) , its like a class idea as well but knowing that how hard making new classes for this much content , u should think outside the box , it should impress people

@Neoniac.2813 said:We need some op open world abilities , which makes leveling experience for newer accounts fan and for old accounts , leveling alts easy , simply something between silkroad online's chaos mode or some high fantasy things like drawing out your soul and use it for some op abilities (maybe void jump , soul split etc) , its like a class idea as well but knowing that how hard making new classes for this much content , u should think outside the box , it should impress people

Low-level players can kill enemies in just a few hits with basic white Berserker gears from the merchant NPCs. And that's assuming you don't have a ton of level up scrolls , Tomes of Knowledge, etc. to instant-80 characters.

Leveling in this game is too easy already, almost effortless really.

I'm not sure what they could do in terms of movement, mounts kind of cover every version of movement you need.I doubt they'd introduce the mini game actions since it'd make some mounts like the springer useless as well as introduce a whole can of worms with balancing older areas/fights.

If it is a movement mastery my guess would be on stamina based climbing for ledges, rocks or trees but again we can already see how buggy that would be with the skyscale so who knows...

I like the idea of aerial combat, I'm still disappointed that the skills from Bloodstone Fen only work in that map, I'd love to be able to use them in other places too. But I think it's unlikely EoD masteries will involve gliding because then they'd either have to duplicate the one from HoT or require you to go through HoT first to unlock gliding.

Maybe it's my own lack of creativity but I can't think what they could add to movement that we don't already have, without it being completely broken. Climbing would be cool but we can pretty much do that already with the springer and skyscale, plus I think it really needs maps designed for it to be worthwhile. Not just with ledges and things to facilitate climbing but with things to find on your way up (or down) and places which aren't accessible in other ways. We get a bit of that in HoT and PoF, but then we can already reach those places (and some we're not meant to get to) with gliding and mounts.

It wouldn't surprise me if most of the masteries are like the non-gliding HoT ones or Season 3 and IBS masteries: needed for the story and useful for accessing some parts of the new maps but not something you can or would use everywhere. But I think they'll also need a 'hook' for the expansion - something in addition to the new story and maps and the elite specs to make players go "I want that!" and that will probably be a mastery. I'm not sure what though, although I'm leaning towards it being a non-combat and non-movement option. Combat masteries which affect the whole game are too likely to cause issues with power creep and I think we've got all the movement options covered. Maybe something like housing or companion NPCs? Personally I hope it's not fishing because I've played a lot of games with fishing and at best I've found it a tolerable mini game to do for the rewards and then never again.

If you take the S3 stuff (belongs technically to HoT mastery points) into account ... looking only at the expansions (not the core Tyria masteries) there really had been a lot about movement:

S4 offers some additional skills for the mounts. S3 and HoT had specific movement skills for the maps like the thing in Ember Bay and Draconis Mons. And the mushrooms.Yes some of the mastery skills had other effects as well. But the major big theme was about introducing some new type of movement I guess.

Then again: Look at the Icebrood Saga. Technically it is a own set. (Using separate mastery points.) Have not played it yet. But I guess it does not introduce new movement stuff.

Underwater combat would be nice ... + Largos. (A lot of people seem to like it. On the other hand another ton of people hate underwater no matter what new stuff ArenaNet might implement there.)

Personally I'd love to see a huge flying fortress ... lol. Upgradeable. (And maybe new guild halls with same setting.) And the option to drop down into the maps from above. (Fortress restricted to above the map and to you personally and like hub like home instance but with all other stuff combined that you could upgrade in the past.)

Other than some new form of traversing, all I can see them doing is making a utility feature that is tiered based on which tracks are leveled up first. As long as it has NOTHING to do with "increasing loot" and "boons used for one piece of content only".

Don't EVER do Icebrood Saga type of masteries and farming ever again! The United Legions Waystation track is the Saga's ONLY saving grace.

I think all the movement stuff is pretty much done, the only other things are making flight mounts(skyscale) more accessable and building maps around it, or water oriented movement.

What I really hope for in the new Xpac is more HoT styled masteries, like the languages you could learn (although I wish they did more), bouncing mushrooms, or the speed mushrooms to help you get around faster.

@artcreator.4859 said:I think all the movement stuff is pretty much done, the only other things are making flight mounts(skyscale) more accessable and building maps around it, or water oriented movement.

hmm for movement yes something water oriented or maybe climbing/scaling up walls/tall objects (without a mount) kinda like in breath of the wild

otherwise yeah most of the movement stuff is already covered on the masteries we have currently

@Oxstar.7643 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Heart of Thorns brought a lot more Masteries than just Gliding.

Uh, it did? What other than gliding did it bring that actually is useful in the entire game and not just in specific zones?

Remember it brought all the core ones so I'd say both pact commander and legendary crafting line is useful in the entire game.

I like mastery for expansion 3. So it not so necessary for ppl who concentrate on wvw and pvp content, but somtimes do activity on pve. It is make it chill and not distrub to play.Also very good, that with that mastery we have specific bonuses exactly for that season story and get benefit from it.So both, and not hardcore, and common players feel good.This concept not divide community and make game very optimal for us.