Has there been a stealth nerf to ascended drops from reward tracks?

Phobia.9651

I like to keep track of my ascended drops in a spreadsheet and I had the feeling I wasn't getting any ascended drops anymore from reward tracks. So I tracked down when I got my last drop and the drop before that. To my surprise I noticed that I only had 1 ascended armor/weapon chest drop for me in 1146 days (more than 3 years). I am certain that I played over a 1000 matches in this period (probably more). Now I was wondering whether anyone else has noticed a reduced droprate of ascended gear from reward tracks in this period? Or maybe certain tracks don't have the possibility of dropping ascended gear?

Honestly I have 467 total games played, in the last 2 years it's been about 369, and the only ascended drop I remember in the last 2 years since I came back was the one I got before my last match ever (well I might do ONE more so I can finish a reward track). I do vaguely remember getting like an ascended ring or something like that about 4 years ago when I casually explored this game as an alternative to my MOBA addiction.

I noticed that I never get any asc drop from any post-HoT reward tracks, but as soon as I switch to some vanilla tracks (like dungeon tracks), I get an asc box drop pretty soon. I suspect they straight up removed all the asc drops from the newer tracks as they diversified ways of obtaining asc gear by using strike/raid/fractal/pvp/wvw specific currencies.

Well I would appreciate if Arenanet was at least upfront about making an unrewarding gamemode slightly more unrewarding. Noone plays sPvP for the minuscule chance of getting something amazing from a reward track anyway, but it felt good whenever you did get that ascended chest out of the blue.

@Kondor.2904 said:I noticed that I never get any asc drop from any post-HoT reward tracks, but as soon as I switch to some vanilla tracks (like dungeon tracks), I get an asc box drop pretty soon. I suspect they straight up removed all the asc drops from the newer tracks as they diversified ways of obtaining asc gear by using strike/raid/fractal/pvp/wvw specific currencies.

Well I ran AC reward track about 18 times recently to build up my reserve of Monk runes, didn't get anything from that either.

@TheDestroyer.4701 said:

@Firebeard.1746 said:I casually explored this game as an alternative to my MOBA addiction.

Been there, brother. I've been clean of it for 6 months, but the itch is there, and it got really bad recently.

Well Paragon pulled me back in for a bit, and sometimes, I miss LoL, but the pull just isn't strong enough for me. Losing just hurts too bad.

I suspect the random Ascended drops highly correlate with the Diminishing Returns, when you don't play for a while you get really good rng on them whereas when you play a lot constantly you barely ever get something. I can't prove statistically that it works precisely this way, but DR is definitely a thing, which is also acknowledged in the Wiki. But it's not really clearly how it works precisely, but it always felt to me as if it strongly privileged casual activity over extended, long-time efforts, as so many things in this game.

@Phobia.9651 said:Well I would appreciate if Arenanet was at least upfront about making an unrewarding gamemode slightly more unrewarding. Noone plays sPvP for the minuscule chance of getting something amazing from a reward track anyway, but it felt good whenever you did get that ascended chest out of the blue.

You're making assumptions based on what numbers and then demanding them to explain why they did something when you don't even have evidence of something they may have done?

Where are the statistics for your claims, numbers to back up your claims?

It's just RNG, you get some and sometimes you don't but the actual numbers behind it should be explained before you go on rants.

@Tanbin.2436 said:You're making assumptions based on what numbers and then demanding them to explain why they did something when you don't even have evidence of something they may have done?

Where are the statistics for your claims, numbers to back up your claims?

It's just RNG, you get some and sometimes you don't but the actual numbers behind it should be explained before you go on rants.

I am not making assumptions, I noticed a steep decline in ascended drops from reward tracks since 2018 and I merely wanted to verify if others experienced this too. Given by the reactions of others I am not alone in this matter.But if you want my own data:I have 5040 matches played since late 2014 (possibly November 2014).In this period I have dropped 34 ascended items (7 armor chests, 4 weapon chests, 23 rings).Breaking it down in years:

ARMORPIECES2021: 02020: 02019: 12018: 02017: 22016: 42015: 0

WEAPONS2021: 02020: 02019: 02018: 02017: 42016: 02015: 0

RINGS2021: 02020: 52019: 02018: 02017: 52016: 92015: 4

Maybe someone can spot a pattern...