Snowden DRM CM ...Timer Bugged ?

ludwigma.2385

This the only mission where u cant slack. U need good skill rotation you need good dps to kill him fast. CM are supose to be hard why even have a Challenge Mote if is easy?. Normal mode are for casual people and CM are for more skilled people. no reason why we cant have something thats just a litle thug to do in this game

This is the only DRM challenge I have not been able to complete yet. Not even once. A bit of easing would be welcome to make the difficulty level comparable to the other DRMs and the strike mission achievements.

Also: Is it okay to use the electromagnetic pulse now? My party members complain about bugs when I'm using it, and when I do not use it we fail to break the bar most of the time.

i understand the point that a challenge should be a challenge. but i tried several times with a few Frac T4 Parties and i did it only once . i miss mostly for 30sec to 1 minute of time. thats it. no one was dying. alac and quickness was there, good dps was there. people dodged aoe very good. so i dont get it. im only speaking for me but im not enjoying something like that... and why are the other drm cm´s a piece of cake when it should be a challenge.

@"ludwigma.2385" said:i understand the point that a challenge should be a challenge. but i tried several times with a few Frac T4 Parties and i did it only once . i miss mostly for 30sec to 1 minute of time. thats it. no one was dying. alac and quickness was there, good dps was there. people dodged aoe very good. so i dont get it. im only speaking for me but im not enjoying something like that... and why are the other drm cm´s a piece of cake when it should be a challenge.

We usually end with 2-3 minutes on the timer as 5 man party (and we ran the CM more than 5 times because of alternating players). The party consistes of players who run raids and fractal CMs regularly though but we don't try hard. Usually just play dps we feel like and just make sure boons are provided and cc is given. So this is not even about running specific dps classes (though one should be adept at the class and know basic damage rotations).

The timer is tight for "regular" T4 fractal performance groups. Simply because the challenge of regular T4s is low and the performance gap even among successful players is very large. My guess is: the T4 fractal party you actually succeeded with had more adept players versus those were you ran out of time.

I doubt dps was "good", or else you would have made the timer. Unless you were wasting a lot of time on the pre boss parts of the instance. In which case, try to cut the pre boss fight stages as short as possible.

Other advice: install arcdps, make sure boon uptime is actually good, break the cc bar, try to have some boon removal to remove protection, and make sure everyone is pulling their weight performance wise. That at least should give you and overview of which issues need ironing out.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"ludwigma.2385" said:i understand the point that a challenge should be a challenge. but i tried several times with a few Frac T4 Parties and i did it only once . i miss mostly for 30sec to 1 minute of time. thats it. no one was dying. alac and quickness was there, good dps was there. people dodged aoe very good. so i dont get it. im only speaking for me but im not enjoying something like that... and why are the other drm cm´s a piece of cake when it should be a challenge.

We usually end with 2-3 minutes on the timer as 5 man party (and we ran the CM more than 5 times because of alternating players). The party consistes of players who run raids and fractal CMs regularly though but we don't try hard. Usually just play dps we feel like and just make sure boons are provided and cc is given. So this is not even about running specific dps classes (though one should be adept at the class and know basic damage rotations).

The timer is tight for "regular" T4 fractal performance groups. Simply because the challenge of regular T4s is low and the performance gap even among successful players is very large. My guess is: the T4 fractal party you actually succeeded with had more adept players versus those were you ran out of time.

I doubt dps was "good", or else you would have made the timer. Unless you were wasting a lot of time on the pre boss parts of the instance. In which case, try to cut the pre boss fight stages as short as possible.

Other advice: install arcdps, make sure boon uptime is actually good, break the cc bar, try to have some boon removal to remove protection, and make sure everyone is pulling their weight performance wise. That at least should give you and overview of which issues need ironing out.

2-3 mins on the timer ? invite me and show me ! sure, those players are always on the lfg lolwhy is something hard like this needed in story content achievs ? it would fit better in the raid aka elitism section for the people with the spare time for thatmaybe i will just never do it .... very motivating

@ludwigma.2385 said:

@ludwigma.2385 said:i understand the point that a challenge should be a challenge. but i tried several times with a few Frac T4 Parties and i did it only once . i miss mostly for 30sec to 1 minute of time. thats it. no one was dying. alac and quickness was there, good dps was there. people dodged aoe very good. so i dont get it. im only speaking for me but im not enjoying something like that... and why are the other drm cm´s a piece of cake when it should be a challenge.

2-3 mins on the timer ? invite me and show me ! sure, those players are always on the lfg lolwhy is something hard like this needed in story content achievs ? it would fit better in the raid aka elitism section for the people with the spare time for thatmaybe i will just never do it .... very motivating

I never said those players where on the LFG for normal T4 fractals. I specifically mentioned the experience level of the group as to not create confusion.

Yes, this CM is more difficult than the others. It is not impossible. Again, if you run T4 regularly, get arcdps, track the performance of the group, then consider running this DRM.

Or, join a guild and do this instance as organized group.

Or solo it. There are multiple youtube videos of players soloing this DRM on different classes with varying degrees of time left on the timer. Which is more than possible given the scaling this mission has. (edit: here a video of a solo Reaper with 2:30 minutes on the timer

. Obviously scaled to 1 player, but no 25 might, no alacrity, no 100% quickness uptime, no fury. Imagine if you had a group which actually had all those boons.)

How is it motivating when each and every CM is easy as cake? Some have to be harder as to encourage players to actually become better at the game. That's the meaning of challenge: to overcome something, not breeze through and get free loot.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@ludwigma.2385 said:i understand the point that a challenge should be a challenge. but i tried several times with a few Frac T4 Parties and i did it only once . i miss mostly for 30sec to 1 minute of time. thats it. no one was dying. alac and quickness was there, good dps was there. people dodged aoe very good. so i dont get it. im only speaking for me but im not enjoying something like that... and why are the other drm cm´s a piece of cake when it should be a challenge.

I never said those players where on the LFG for normal T4 fractals. I specifically mentioned the experience level of the group as to not create confusion.

Yes, this CM is more difficult than the others. It is not impossible. Again, if you run T4 regularly, get arcdps, track the performance of the group, then consider running this DRM.

Or solo it. There are multiple youtube videos of players soloing this DRM on different classes with varying degrees of time left on the timer. Which is more than possible given the scaling this mission has. (edit: here a video of a solo Reaper with 2:30 minutes on the timer
. Obviously scaled to 1 player, but no 25 might, no alacrity, no 100% quickness uptime, no fury. Imagine if you had a group which actually had all those boons.)

How is it motivating when each and every CM is easy as cake? Some have to be harder as to encourage players to actually become better at the game. That's the meaning of challenge: to overcome something, not breeze through and get free loot.

i dont want it "easy as cake"....but story related stuff after tons of tries kills of my personal motivation for it ...thats it

@ludwigma.2385 said:

i dont want it "easy as cake"....but story related stuff after tons of tries kills of my personal motivation for it ...thats it

i dont need to imagiine what boons are in a group, you dont know me

can close this useless dicsussion

@ludwigma.2385 said:

i dont need to imagiine what boons are in a group, you dont know me

can close this useless dicsussion

You quoted yourself m8. Wrong account?

EDIT:Ah got what you meant, probably can't edit post. The reason I mentioned the boons is simple: a full set of offensive boons doubles the damage output of a class. That solo Reaper had nearly none of them and had no issue with the timer. If you lack the boons, you are nearly halving the damage you will do (insufficient boon uptime is literally one of the main reasons for weak dps). If you do have a high boon uptime and are still struggling, then that is some serious class performance issues.

In case of Snowden CM, as mentioned, boon removal is also very helpful. That protection boon that Ryland reapplies so often will cut damage by 33%. In this specific case also a huge reason as to why the timer is not beaten.