[Suggestion] Novelty Signs

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:Seeing some defeated players on Verdant Brink gave me an idea for novelty signs. Ones that say:

Rest In PeaceNo LoiteringBad Spot To AFKDefeated Players Will Be IgnoredBroken Event

if these were implemented, i can already see it: someone will make a thread raging about how someone is being disrespectful by putting a sign on top of their corpse

but yeah i wouldn't mind it if these were put in the game but there will be some people who'd hate it

@DeanBB.4268 said:It sounds like a nice idea, but I'm afraid people (aka trolls) would use it inappropriately, like the box o fun on top of a chest or npc.

And if you were downed would you rather have the person that stops at your corpse rez you or stick a sign in you?

Maybe the sign can do something helpful, then? Say, a slower than player rez, where you have to click to confirm the final bit that gets you up? That would also require it being attached to a dead body, but I see that as a good thing as it would keep people from dropping them just anywhere.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:Seeing some defeated players on Verdant Brink gave me an idea for novelty signs. Ones that say:

Rest In PeaceNo LoiteringBad Spot To AFKDefeated Players Will Be IgnoredBroken Event

I like the concept of this idea, but the visual clutter would be a detractor from it. Having them as PvP finishers would be an easy way to use this idea, but let's think about PvE too....

I would have them controlled by the downed player, the easiest being to have one automatically pop up after death and lasts a few seconds. You would want to avoid excessive visual clutter, and the ability to get to clickables under the sign (like your dead character, or a chest).

Completely unnecessary but a fun idea.

@DeanBB.4268 said:It sounds like a nice idea, but I'm afraid people (aka trolls) would use it inappropriately, like the box o fun on top of a chest or npc.

And if you were downed would you rather have the person that stops at your corpse rez you or stick a sign in you?

A sign doesn't need to be an interactable object like box o fun is. It can just be some glowing floating text above a dead player that goes away after they TP or rez. That would prevent abuse.

They don't have to make them where players interact with them. Just passive signs that last an hour. There are to many players who afk in wrong spots and players keep rezzing them only for them to die again moments later. We could just stick a sign over them and move on.