Combustion damage of CFB should be weakened.In fractal,

Flying.8942

At present, I believe that 90% of CM100 players will use CFB as DPS, and it is difficult to see that some players use condi slb or other condi occupations to complete 100CM every day,I believe that properly weakening the burning damage of CFB can strengthen the appearance of other condi occupations at 100CM, instead of 90% of players using CFB for 100CM fractal, especially some teams only need CFB for 100CM fractal.

link to previous comment because im too lazy to rewrite it

what you could do is look for any burn application > 1 stack and axe it give it the low stack long dura treatment (tho certain cases like f1 #2 >> 24s burn is questionable)

to be fair, burning does not need a dmg increase trait (amplified wrath) but you will need to compensate it in some way that addresses duration rather than intensity so total dmg doesnt change

also imbued haste is weird because its counted as ‘base stats’ which means cfb gets a random free +38 condi dmg with frac pot conversion (and extra outgoing healing with force of will). afaik no other trait does this, its not much but its still some unintended interaction, could fix this too

otherwise i dont think cfb needs any straight up dmg nerfs, it just needs changes to make it more condi-like, but the very nature of f1 passive already breaks it to some degree regardless of what you do

@Astralporing.1957 said:Encounters like Largos that are designed in such a way that they heavily promote a relatively narrow group composition are not a good thing.

I do agree, but the underlying problem in GW2 is class design, not encounter design. Other MMOs also have encounters that favour certain classes over others, but I've never experienced it as strongly as in this game. Some classes are too adapted to certain niches (like condi mirage), while others simply do too much at the same time (like cFB).

The reason why cFB is so OP in 100 cm is because :It is the top DPS build in this fractal, it is the tankiest build you can have there, you can block dmg from events and you have good cc

maybe I should list the detail:

DPS:The first few things which make it good it is condi, it burn dmg mostly, you have 3 munition skills which are reload during events. Tomb 1 can be rest with the dead of a mob. Which makes it in some fractal OP behind hope e.g Sirens Reef more about it later.

But there are thing which are even more brokenA.) What Noodle Ant.1605 said I think it will give max 1k DPS more

B) Major Sigil of Bursting and Superior Sigil of Bursting stack which is a bug which brings around 2k extra dmg.

C) You can stand on the boss using Renewed Focus while(at the end) the event with the cycles which allows you to hit the boss more , you don't need to run to it and you can cast SoJ and the condi mantra while on it . My guild mate also says he can auto attack while Renewed Focus is running which should be also a bug anyway this brings another 4-5k

D) On start you pre-stack Ash of Justice with 12 stack you get another 10-14k once at the start but only for one . Unlike how Might and other boons work some silly decided that it depends entirely on who it casted and every new stack extends the original. Which also makes the trait Quickfire a bit absolute as support build other wise It would give 1-2k DPS. Basically the big DPS spike at the beginning is why people love CFB but also it let it looks really broken.

E others) Like I said in Sirens Reef you got 50k DPS and this when the boss falls to the ground with cFB to be true I can do this with a lot of tricks as Staff weaver too but the point is I need a lot of trick like ghost sigil and potion but cFB can use them too.. and then cFB dps will go even higher.(60-70k). So what CptAurellian.9537 said is very true.

Defence:Well we have heavy armour, good amount of HP, and we have our own ageis and we can also use Tomb 2 for self condi clean.

CC:

The point is for cFB is you can swap the Signet of Wrath out with out losing too much dps unlike other builds e.g Weaver and Tempest even one utility less and you lose major DPS also Sanctuary. Isn't the only big cc skill. The whole cc discussion is also annoying the the bone for 100 cm from my perspective.

The way I see it for 100cm is some cc bars where there to lure the cc out of players and the dev wanted to build basically around this so the cc bar takes even more then usually . On the other hand they tried to ban because of that cc items which is also hopeless because to make it short there are more cc items then even the wiki has . I know that because I found some while doing world completion. The vanilla team had it seem a lot of fun making them .

@lare.5129 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:No offense but you also play a 3k dps ren when some reach 17-20k. Its not the build's fault.I am no use meta biuld - so that 3k is solid good value.Exactly ! You right now sign to my words. But I still not see big numbers and from meta cfb

Are you a heal renegade then yes that is solid numbers, but I guess you have a heal firebrand as well right?

Then you should do atleast 11-12k as alac renegade.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:Well we have heavy armour, good amount of HP, and we have our own ageis and we can also use Tomb 2 for self condi clean.It feels somewhat weird to read that the small base HP pool is considered to provide a good amount of HP. Of course it tends to be sufficient, but what would that make the medium and large HP pools?

@Cuks.8241 said:The first thing cFB needs nerfed is the huge CC from Sanctuary. No need that the most versatile profession gets also a 1 button huge CC skill. I don't think the dmg is the issue here.

If only there was some great equalizer in the game.. idk, something like consumables that CC, to increase build variety.

@Linken.6345 said:Are you a heal renegade then yes that is solid numbers, but I guess you have a heal firebrand as well right?this is specific biuld, not heal, and not dps, more fun. But I ask question about CFB, not about alac.

Then you should do atleast 11-12k as alac renegade.You can make dps biuld, and get 3k. But I still see full meta cfb who make 6-8k.

@lare.5129 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Are you a heal renegade then yes that is solid numbers, but I guess you have a heal firebrand as well right?this is specific biuld, not heal, and not dps, more fun. But I ask question about CFB, not about alac.

Its maybe more fun for you but isnt helping the team at all.You can make dps biuld, and get 3k. But I still see full meta cfb who make 6-8k.

Because they are also taking your approach of running tank builds. More fun.

@lare.5129 said:

@Nephalem.8921 said:Because they are also taking your approach of running tank builds. More fun.You wrong, cfb run full meta build 1:1But this is not enough .. you need press buttons ! And it failsSo, meta is not meta, if click another buttons.

If you do healing level dps, you cant comlain that the other dont pull their weight.

Maybe your group had crappy boon uptime?

@lare.5129 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Maybe your group had crappy boon uptime?ofc group have crappy boon uptime .. But if in same party on same boss I see one dps make 30k, and another, whit same build 8k this born question for Anet. We need nerf not build or classes, but rotations it make it more fair.

No we dont, it should be rewarding to be able to press buttons in the correct order under the circumstances

@Katary.7096 said:

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:Well we have heavy armour, good amount of HP, and we have our own ageis and we can also use Tomb 2 for self condi clean.It feels somewhat weird to read that the small base HP pool is considered to provide a good amount of HP. Of course it tends to be sufficient, but what would that make the medium and large HP pools?

Firebrand gets a permanent +2500 HP due to imbued haste with perma-quickness. It's not the highest HP ever, but it's still better than low hp, and you also have all the nice FB defenses and utility to go with it.

@Linken.6345 said:No we dont, it should be rewarding to be able to press buttons in the correct order under the circumstancesthis is mmo game? Now I see what not matter that people have leg armor with dps stats .. but dps is a low, from cfb also low ..And it not help?!The bonus for fractal god also small. We need make benefit for mmo players more. No matter it is cfb or other class it must be more overpowered ..But I also want nerf people who do some rotation. This kill smell of mmo game.We need more grind, and less skill.So combustion damage of CFB should be weakened!

@Ganathar.4956 said:Firebrand gets a permanent +2500 HP due to imbued haste with perma-quickness. It's not the highest HP ever, but it's still better than low hp, and you also have all the nice FB defenses and utility to go with it.

I had completely forgotten that they replaced the original toughness bonus with vitality, guess that shows how often I check my HP on firebrand.