Thunderhead peaks bear?

What's the deal here? There's one (and only) bear in thunderhead peaks, in some entrance where the mastery point is. He's in a sitting position (something i've never seen other bears do), in a corner at the entrance to the cave. There's some bats around him.

Is there somethign to do with this bear? Is there an achievement or something? Tied to a collection?I tried googling it but couldn't find anything, but i could have just worded it weirdly.

I never tried killing him, i kinda feel bad for him haha! :tongue:

Ah, thanks for the link!

I just find it interesting that there's a bear in a circle - sitting, it seems so strange cause that's the only bear there and it's laid out like drawing attention to it. So i thought there must be something going on there. :tongue:

One person points out that the POI there is called Sorrow's Cave.So maybe the bear is sad in a cave or something. :tongue:

Sniffed around a bit on the GW1 wiki to see if maybe it was an easter egg. Apparently at the start of the Ice Caves of Sorrow mission in Prophecies, there were tameable bears. Unsure if that is related, but the mission area looks pretty close to the location of Thunderhead Keep.

On the topic of bears sitting in GW2, that's one of their basic animations you can see in parts of core Tyria, and if you have any bear (or bear-like) tonics, most of them have a /sit animation you can use (as well as /threaten).

@Vallune.8150 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:He's in a sitting position (something i've never seen other bears do), in a corner at the entrance to the cave.

Sounds like it could be a Pooh bear. ;)

Well, it could definitely be a reference. :smile:

@"AgentMoore.9453" said:Sniffed around a bit on the GW1 wiki to see if maybe it was an easter egg. Apparently at the start of the Ice Caves of Sorrow mission in Prophecies, there were tameable bears. Unsure if that is related, but the mission area looks pretty close to the location of Thunderhead Keep.

On the topic of bears sitting in GW2, that's one of their basic animations you can see in parts of core Tyria, and if you have any bear (or bear-like) tonics, most of them have a /sit animation you can use (as well as /threaten).

Cool, didn't know that! Could be a reference to that too!

@"Fueki.4753" said:Isn't there a sitting bear in in the cave with the Hero Challenge that has you fight a Bear Shaman in Wayfarer Foothills as well?

The one that says something about Bear's little tail waggling in her heart.

You think those two are related somehow? And i don't mean like, family, but like related "story threads" or whatever.Also, i don't remember that bear, it's been a looong time since i went there lol.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:Isn't there a sitting bear in in the cave with the Hero Challenge that has you fight a Bear Shaman in Wayfarer Foothills as well?

You think those two are related somehow? And i don't mean like, family, but like related "story threads" or whatever.Also, i don't remember that bear, it's been a looong time since i went there lol.

I doubt they are related. But it's weird that we don't see more bears (and other animals) sitting around.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:Isn't there a sitting bear in in the cave with the Hero Challenge that has you fight a Bear Shaman in Wayfarer Foothills as well?

I doubt they are related. But it's weird that we don't see more bears (and other animals) sitting around.

Well, i haven't seen them... Maybe they don't want to make them too life like so that people don't feel bad about killing them? :smiley:

@artcreator.4859 said:they are showing off new bear sitting tech

Maybe. :tongue:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:There is a cave with a sitting bear in front of a campfire South of Snowhawk Landing Waypoint, Snowden Drifts.

More sitting bears in caves? Must be a reference or something...