Open world leveling feels too selfish and antisocial

Touchme.1097

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Bish.8627 said:I ran into a similar issue where I had more hours to play each night than my friends. If you want to do stuff with friends, do the story and story dungeons together. That way you can do the open world at your own pace, then go help them with stuff when they reach it and experience that together.

That or create 2 characters -one to play solo and one to play with friends only. (if you want to have the same map completion % as them)

Or buy another account.

Imagine no auto aoe looting, no mounts unlocked & low mastery points.

Believe me, GW2 isn't selfish and anti-social.

In ESO, for example - once you are above a party of 2 (or 2 people in an area grinding the same mobs), the XP for each person starts to decrease.

Past 2 people, ESO actively encourages people to find ways to get intruders (the 3rd person and beyond) out of the area - or else everyone suffers decreased XP.

THAT is anti-social gaming.

hard no for this. I party with friends all the time and do not want a friend to complete something for me. The point of grouping up is to be together and help each other. Not to complete something for someone else in the quickest time.

Like it was pointed out earlier. I would be very upset if I was in a group and in the new content someone in my party grabbed the mastery point first,poi, vista or waypoint before me and I would get it. What you suggest is that a person in your group could be on the other side of the map and complete it for me. I do not want that. I have fun finding things and doing things myself or figuring out things alongside my friends. If this was implemented it would only help a small amount of people that are lazy and don’t want to do the content.

Like others said, slow down for your friends. You are being severely selfish rushing ahead of them. Be patient and wait for them, don’t use your mounts until they have them. Only use your mount to help your friend or to catch up with them if you lag behind.

Everything you suggest is easily fixed by being a good friend and waiting for them. Being on a toon that isn’t level 80. Not using your mounts unless needed. Show your friends how the game was originally played. Only use mounts on PoF maps till your friend gets theirs.

In short the easiest way to fix this is to be kind and patient. To have fun with your friends. Don’t be selfish and rush ahead. Who knows you might find something you didn’t know what there is he first time around cause you rushed past it.