Graphics mod

NEOCROM.8957

@"NEOCROM.8957" said:Just a small question. Are graphics mods allowed? If yes, any advices on a good mod?

by this you mean "mods" as in post-processing/layers/rendering (reshade,dxvk,vkbasalt,d912proxy,etc.)??? or graphics mods such as replacing assets/arts (making armour higher poly/higher res/texture packs/etc.)??

if it's the former, yes they are allowed afaik -- if it's the latter i think it crosses the line on Anet's terms of service about modifying the client and im not aware of any mods/modpacks that are in circulation (if they exist at all).

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@"NEOCROM.8957" said:Just a small question. Are graphics mods allowed? If yes, any advices on a good mod?

by this you mean "mods" as in post-processing/layers/rendering (reshade,dxvk,vkbasalt,d912proxy,etc.)??? or graphics mods such as replacing assets/arts (making armour higher poly/higher res/texture packs/etc.)??

if it's the former, yes they are allowed afaik -- if it's the latter i think it crosses the line on Anet's terms of service about modifying the client and im not aware of any mods/modpacks that are in circulation (if they exist at all).

There's some on youtube that directly influence assets on the client side like this:

But it's only on the client side so idk how Anet seees those. It looks pretty harmless (and creepy on the video lol).

@"Veprovina.4876" said:But it's only on the client side so idk how Anet seees those. It looks pretty harmless (and creepy on the video lol).

i wouldn't do it still... i mean i don't mind it if there's a mod out there that changes assets but it's a risky thing to do since it's covered in here:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/ ---- section 2.f

like yeah, mod the game if you wish but just dont go around bragging that you did or even stream/post online about since that's a sure way to get a warning or even get banned if ArenaNet ever sees it and then traces it to your account which they usually do if it's on youtube or any other popular social media

@Veprovina.4876 said:But it's only on the client side so idk how Anet seees those. It looks pretty harmless (and creepy on the video lol).Looks funny and harmless, but in a game with PvP that is a bannable offense as it can easily give an advantage. Not that we need glowing skins since everyone already look like walking glowsticks but you get the idea.

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:But it's only on the client side so idk how Anet seees those. It looks pretty harmless (and creepy on the video lol).

i wouldn't do it still... i mean i don't mind it if there's a mod out there that changes assets but it's a risky thing to do since it's covered in here:
---- section 2.f

like yeah, mod the game if you wish but just dont go around bragging that you did or even stream/post online about since that's a sure way to get a warning or even get banned if ArenaNet ever sees it and then traces it to your account which they usually do if it's on youtube or any other popular social media

Yeah i would never mod an online game, nor would i advise anyone else to do it, dont worry. This was just an example that its possible to do.

Overlays and shader injections should be fine though as those don't directly change a game but rather work differently.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:But it's only on the client side so idk how Anet seees those. It looks pretty harmless (and creepy on the video lol).Looks funny and harmless, but in a game with PvP that is a bannable offense as it can easily give an advantage. Not that we need glowing skins since everyone already look like walking glowsticks but you get the idea.

Yeah, modifying game files in an mmo is a big no no. Even if its just some more or less harmless asset flips. I mean, for anyone else, that player in the video looks normal, with a normal skimmer I presume. But you never know how else can that affect others etc.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

There's some on youtube that directly influence assets on the client side like this:

But it's only on the client side so idk how Anet seees those. It looks pretty harmless (and creepy on the video lol).

I just....what the actual fuu......omg. I may never sleep again....ever...

@Stormcrow.7513 said:

I just....what the actual fuu......omg. I may never sleep again....ever...

Haha, look at the other ones posted on that channel. This is pretty tame by comparison. :tongue:

• 5 months later...

Is there any chance of an official High Resolution Texture Pack being released by the developers?
In the event that DX11 support and/or multithread support comes to the game, running this on my 70" 4K home theater system would be sweet, but with low resolution textures, not so much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArynSun.8057 said:

Is there any chance of an official High Resolution Texture Pack being released by the developers?
In the event that DX11 support and/or multithread support comes to the game, running this on my 70" 4K home theater system would be sweet, but with low resolution textures, not so much.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-july-2021/

Client Performance Optimization

We’ve heard you loud and clear—Guild Wars 2 needs better frame rates. We agree. We’re actively working on upgrading our engine to DirectX 11, and we expect to be able to roll it out in an opt-in beta later this year. An important note is that the upgrade to DX11 itself isn’t a magical fix for frame rates on its own. Some players may not notice a difference at all. However, upgrading to DX11 opens a lot of doors for improving performance—CPU multithreading for instance. It also paves the way for some potential graphics upgrades down the road.

We’re investing in our infrastructure, engine, and graphics because we’re looking to the future. This is a long-term effort.

I'd say there's a good chance as you can see here they mentioned being able to upgrade the graphics with DX11. 😀

Edited by Charrbeque.8729
  • Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 5:08 AM, NEOCROM.8957 said:

Well, i think i will use Nvidia filter. Kinda forgot about that. I can sharpen, modify color, detail levels, etc.

Tried it, and it looks like kitten when you use the sharp filter. The other filters works fine to some extent since it affects the UI as well.