[ WvG ] - World vs Globes - road map to - [ Reboot WvW ]

Diku.2546

wtf is this post? There's so much going on here and it's so convoluted, I don't even know where to start. It's such a mess I don't even want to try to figure out what's going on here.

Luckily, I can guess as I've seen Diku posting on this topic for, what, 4 years or so? Dude, Anet has been saying they're gonna do something about WvW for 4 years. Alliances were supposed to be a temporary fix, and it's been going on for 3 years or so. THEY'RE NOT GONNA FIX WVW. They just don't want to devote the resources. I swear, you've probably done more work on this topic just with your posts then they probably have with lines of code. As such, you really need to get over this. You put in way too much work into this topic that isn't going to go anywhere. Who are you arguing to? The 50 people who read WvW forums? Who's mind are you going to change? This isn't meant as an insult: I really think you may want to see a shrink because you're clearly obsessed with this idea and devote a ton of time to it without any progress. I really do think you need some help. No joke.

• Thanks 1

@Spurnshadow.3678

Your concern is noted & appreciated, but I'm fine. I'm just very passionate about what WvW has the potential to evolve into, but it doesn't due to poor decisions.

Fans can be quite passionate about what they believe in. Case & point...have you seen what fans of a football team called Green Bay Packers are like?

Or, for that matter any fan of a major competitive genre?

What's missing from this forum is accountable feedback concerning the future of the WvW game mode...imho

I'd like to be an example of what good accountable feedback looks like in a thread.

To answer your concern about convoluted:

I frequently Update & Change content to this planned Road Map & Vision to reflect this WvW Community's feedback.

The WvG Table of Contents link below helps to provide the most up-to-date details without having to search through multiple posts.

It's critical that you read & understand all the concepts found in the Chapter links in the WvG Table of Contents.

I know it's a lot to ask...but please spend some time reading through these Chapters beginning with Chapter 1.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

• Like 1

CHAPTER 5

EOTM LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendors

2019.11.02 - ORIGINAL POST

Before Reading Further - Please Read This Disclaimer

1. To answer concerns about this thread being convoluted
  2. I frequently Update & Change content to this planned Road Map & Vision to reflect this WvW Community's feedback
  3. The WvG Table of Contents link below helps to provide the most up-to-date details without having to search through multiple posts
  4. It's critical that you read & understand all the concepts found in the Chapter links in the WvG Table of Contents
  5. I know it's a lot to ask...but please spend some time reading through these Chapters beginning with Chapter 1
  6. Sorry in advance if the author isn't prompt in addressing your concerns

WvG - Table of Contentshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

Any Grand place needs an area where people can meet & gather to socialize

1st - Waiting Room to Enter WvG2nd - Allow PvE Player to become familiar with PvP Combat3rd - Allow Guilds to Recruit

EDGE OF THE MISTS - Mist Raiding

1. ALL Players MUST enter WvG through EOTM before traveling anywhere else
  2. Edge of the Mists - Way Point Colors are - [ ORANGE / YELLOW / PINK ]
  3. Players that enter EOTM are automatically placed on the Color Team that has the lowest score for EOTM
  4. Players battle each other over EOTM Objectives
  5. Way Points have 5 Portals that Link to - [ RED Home / GREEN Globe / BLUE Globe / OBSIDIAN SANCTUM / LIONS ARCH ]
  6. Personal Reward for EOTM - loot drops, badges of honor, karma and coin
  7. Personal Reward for EOTM - world experience
  8. Personal Reward for EOTM - unique Edge of the Mists (achievements)
  9. Personal Reward for EOTM - WvW daily achievements
  10. Personal Reward Exception - Edge of the Mists progress does not count towards Skirmish reward tracks
  11. Skirmish Reward Track - Based on a Player's Total WvG Earned Points while fighting on Home & Enemy Globes for the week
  12. Remove All Links between WvW & Edge of the Mists - i.e. - EOTM Supply Drop

EOTM - WvG Recruitment - Regions - [ EU / NA / ASIA ]

1. Common Areas at each Way Point welcomes players from ALL Servers based on their Region
  2. Map or Recruiting Channel allows players to broadacst messages to players from ALL Servers based on their Region
  3. Provide Services that attact PvE Players to visit WvG

EOTM - Craft-Merchant Vendors

1. Craft Vendors
  2. Bank
  3. Black Lion Trader
  4. Mechant - Laurel
  5. Mechant - Outfitter
  6. Repair - Arcane Agent
  7. Armor Master
  8. Weapon Master
  9. See - Starter area (Enemy Borderlands)

Next Up…WvG Tournament & Schedule - Gives Meaning & Purpose Behind Being the #1 Ranked WvG Server for your Region

• 4 weeks later...

2019.11.28 - CHAPTER 6 - ORIGINAL POST

WvG TOURNAMENTS - Using New Match-Up Mechanics based on a Globe Raiding Model

2. I frequently Update & Change content to this planned Road Map & Vision to reflect this WvW Community's feedback
  3. The WvG Table of Contents link below helps to provide the most up-to-date details without having to search through multiple posts
  4. It's critical that you read & understand all the concepts found in the Chapter links in the WvG Table of Contents
  5. I know it's a lot to ask...but please spend some time reading through these Chapters beginning with Chapter 1

WvG - Table of Contents

Concrete Step-by-Step instructions on How To Fix WvW - Can we stop talking in circles & just fix it already?

WvG is designed to be an END GAME Content to PvE

Players are engaged to repeateadly return to GW2 to play in Healthy & Competitive Match-Ups they pick themselves

WvG Tournaments gives Meaning & Purpose behind being the #1 Ranked WvG Server for their Region - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]

Tournament Burn Out concerns MUST be recognized as Un-Healthly to the game mode & mechanics need to be carefully designed to reduce its impact upon players

We're losing on this crucial opportunity to save a game mode that's ignorantly being thrown out because it's not considered valuable to ANet

Please help & offer feedback to this thread to keep it visible if you love this game mode

We seriously need to remind ANet of their promise to create & deliver on a better Road Map & Vision for WvW

WvG League Titles Defined

[ Gold ] - Highest Scoring Server within their Region for the Month

[ Platinum ] - Highest Scoring Server within their Region based on an Annual WvG Champion Event

WvG Regions - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]

WvG Game Mode Sportsmanship Defined

Definition Example:

https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/the-competition-committees-position-on-sportsmanship

Sportsmanship MUST be an intrinsic aspect of WvG that encourages Healthy Competition that is "Wholesome" for the players

WvG Tournaments Defined

Match-Ups are based on a New Globe Rading Model (click link) - Designed to encourage Healthy & Competitive Battles

[ Reset Friday - Weekly ]

1. Calculate & Post ALL Server's Total Points earned by players for that week every Friday at [ xx:xxx ] - aka Reset Friday
  2. Players ARE NOT directly shown their Server's Total Points
  3. Players are in-directly shown the top (3) highest scoring enemies raiding their Home Server in a random "circling" order

[ Gold League - 1st Day of the Month ]

1. Awarded on the 1st day of each Month for available Regions - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]
  2. Calculate ALL Server's Total Points earned by players from the previous month
  3. Award Gold Rank to Highest scoring Server for each Region - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]
  4. Any Server that Earns a [ Gold League Title ] in a given year will be invited to attend an Annual [ Platinum League Event ]

[ Platinum League - WvG Champion Event - Launches Oct 15th Annually ]

1. Only [ Gold League Rank ] Servers are allowed to Raid each other during the Event
  2. Event occurs over a 1-2 Week(s) period - [ Adjustable based on Player Burn Out Feedback ]
  3. Calculate ALL Server's Total Points earned by players at the end of the Event
  4. Award Platinum Rank to Highest scoring Server for each Region - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]
  5. [ NOV 1ST ] - Resume earning Normal WvG Points for [ Dec ] Gold League Title Award for the next WvG Championship Event

Platinum League - WvG Champion Event Defined

1st Week - Launches In-Game Only

Last Week - In-Game & In-Person

Platinum League - WvG Champion In-Person Event Defined

1. In-Game participation continues
  2. In-Person participation at an approved Event Conference "Stadium" begins
  3. Access into the Event Conference "Stadium" based on a "Credit Card"
  4. Televised Coverage - Plantinum League Event - Friday Reset - 1-3 Hours - Providing In-Game Play by Play Battles between Servers with no reference to Ranking - Focus & Attention will be on Notable Guilds that are Battling for their World Server
  5. In-Person Event Conference activities may include but not limited to GW2 Mechandise Booths for Spectator Fans, Server Communities, Corporate Sponsors, etc.
  6. Security will need to be carefully planned to ensure the Event is safe & fun filled
  7. Rivalry between Servers need to carefully monitored & Healthy Competition & Proper Sportsmanship MUST be guiding principles of this sponsored Game mode Event
  8. [ Gold League Title ] Servers are allocated a reserved area with limited seating for In-Game participation & for Supporting Spectator Fans
  9. Players are required to bring their own equipment
  10. Onsite ANet sanctioned Referees closely monitor Players for cheating
  11. At the end of the Event - WvG Champions are announced for each Region - [ EU, NA, ASIA ]
  12. [ WvG Champions ] - In-Person Reward - T-Shirt with Year's WvG Champion Logo before leaving the Event
  13. [ WvG Champions ] - In-Game Reward - Back-Pack skin with Year's WvG Champion Logo

Next Up - OverView of WvG - Presents just how complex an ecosystem this game mode really is

• 1 year later...

2021.01.01 - CHAPTER 1REBOOT WvW - Remove World Linking & Implement Changes to WvWhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064947/#Comment_1064947

UPDATED - CHAPTER 1

REBOOT WvW - Remove World Linking & Implement Changes to WvW

Temporary Solution Until New Game Mode Upgrade Is Ready To Open

2021.01.01 - This Post Last Updated

Prepare To Reboot by Implementing the following Changes to WvW

Intention is to revert WvW back to the original ecosystem

When you damage an ecosystem...sometimes the right thing to do is to revert it back to what it was before...and hope nature takes hold & finds its course again

We need to give the WvW game mode a chance to go back to its roots & find the strength to recover...from its real source of power that allowed it to survive all these years without attention...Stable Long-Term Communities

New - "Ideas are like cream, the good ones rise to the top."

1. Remove World Linking & Put back the Old WvW ecosystem of Home Servers
  2. Remove any penalty to players that choose to Transfer to a New Home Server
  3. Monitor Server Population - Servers are Opened & Closed based on Server's Capacity
  4. Server Population Count based on a player's active WvW hours - FULL - VERY HIGH - HIGH - MEDIUM
  5. Closely Monitor & Adjust, Tweak, or Replace World Server Ranking Mechanics - See [ Chapters on Design ]
  6. Calculate an Average Server Rank based on a moving 12 month period on the 1st of every Month
  7. Posted Average Server Rank impacts Server Transfer based on the below
  8. Servers with an Average Rank (3 & below) - CLOSED TO TRANSFER - (Range Adjustable)
  9. Servers with an Average Rank (6 & below) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - 6480 gems & X World Ability Points
  10. Servers with an Average Rank (9 & below) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - 1800 gems & X World Ability Points
  11. Servers with an Average Rank (12 & below) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - 500 gems & X World Ability Points
  12. Servers with an Average Rank (15 & below) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - 250 gems & X World Ability Points
  13. Servers with an Average Rank (18 & below) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - 125 gems & X World Ability Points
  14. Servers with an Average Rank (Above 18) - IF NOT FULL & OPEN - Allow Transfer for - Free
  15. Remove Supply when Player Capture Objectives on an Enemy BL, or EBG Enemy Territory
  16. Keep Supply when Player Capture Objectives on their Home BL, or EBG Home Territory
  17. New - A Server's Final War Score is used to award a weekly WvW Server Rank
  18. New - Any Final War Score that is tied shall be awarded to the "Incumbent" Ranked Server
  19. New - Weekly WvW Match-Ups are based on a Server's WvW Rank with the Top 3 being matched together & progressing in sets of 3 until all servers are matched-up
  20. New - All other WvW mechanics remain in place without any major changes - i.e. - Daily, Skirmish, etc.

New - Make it easy to create, regroup, and rebuild a Long Term Community using the Bottom Server Ranks

New - Make it hard, impossible, & expensive for players to transfer into the Long Term Communities found in the Top Server Ranks

New - WvW should be designed to be an END GAME Content to PvE

New - WvW game mode needs be designed to naturally encourage Long Term Communities to be born, grow, die, and then be re-born again in a perpetual life cycle that creates player-based content

New - Implement - CHAPTER 5 - EOTM LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvW Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendorshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064951/#Comment_1064951

New - ALL Players MUST enter WvW through EOTM before traveling anywhere else

Allow WvW to revert back to a Server based ecosystem & let it stabilize before implementing WvG to Reboot the game mode

@Diku.2546 I admire your dedication to this idea but, as a quite serious question, where is the TLDR?I've seen your Globe idea posts many many times over the years, and while it is possible you have developed the ideas further and improved them, you really need to sell me the basic concept if you expect me to read the detail in this epic series of posts.

@Yuffi.2430

Thank you for your feedback.

I don't think many here understand the structure of this posted thread & how to react to it.

I agree...it looks like an epic post with walls of text.

Let me explain that this thread is actually quite structured & uses:

"Permanent Chapter" posts to document every aspect of the WvW game mode.

The 1st post is actually a Table of Contents that provide links to "Permanent Chapters".

These Permanent Chapters are Updated based on feedback from the WvW community.

To fix WvW we need to start with Chapter 1 where we Reboot WvW.

Then, we need to work on doing each Chapter in numerical order until we can Host Tournaments found in Chapter 6.

The Road Map to fixing WvW Starts with Chapter 1 & will evolve into a new game mode called WvG in Chapter 7.

The basic concept is to save WvW by evolving it into WvG.

All other posts in this thread is used to update the Permanent Chapters found in the Table of Contents.

WvG is a game mode where Players are engaged to repeatedly return to GW2 to play in Healthy & Competitive Match-Ups they pick themselves.

If you need to be sold on the idea to save WvW - See Chapter 6 - WvG Tournaments

WvG - TABLE OF CONTENTS & ROADMAPhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

• 4 weeks later...

CHAPTER 5 - Updated - 2021.01.31EOTM LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendorshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064951/#Comment_1064951

CHAPTER 5

EOTM LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendors

2021.01.31 - This Post Last Updated

WvG - Table of Contentshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

1st - Waiting Room to Enter WvW or WvG2nd - Allow PvE Player to become familiar with PvP Combat3rd - Allow Guilds to Recruit

New - WvW - REBOOT VERSION - EDGE OF THE MISTS - Mist Raiding while Rebooting WvW

1. New - ALL Players MUST enter WvW through EOTM before traveling anywhere else
  2. New - Edge of the Mists - Way Point Colors are - [ RED / BLUE / GREEN ]
  3. New - Players that enter EOTM are automatically placed on the Color Team that their Home Server is assigned
  4. New - Players battle each other over EOTM Objectives
  5. New - Way Points have 5 Portals that Link to - [ RED / GREEN / BLUE / OBSIDIAN SANCTUM / LIONS ARCH ]
  6. New - Personal Reward for EOTM - loot drops, badges of honor, karma and coin
  7. New - Personal Reward for EOTM - world experience
  8. New - Personal Reward for EOTM - unique Edge of the Mists (achievements)
  9. New - Personal Reward for EOTM - WvW daily achievements
  10. New - Personal Reward Exception - Edge of the Mists progress does not count towards Skirmish reward tracks
  11. New - Skirmish Reward Track - Based on a Player's Total WvW Earned Points while fighting on Home & Enemy Servers for the week
  12. New - Keep Links intact between WvW & Edge of the Mists - i.e. - EOTM Supply Drop

WvG - GAME MODE VERSION - EDGE OF THE MISTS - Mist Raiding after WvG Is Launched

1. ALL Players MUST enter WvG through EOTM before traveling anywhere else
  2. Edge of the Mists - Way Point Colors are - [ ORANGE / YELLOW / PINK ]
  3. Players that enter EOTM are automatically placed on the Color Team that has the lowest score for EOTM
  4. Players battle each other over EOTM Objectives
  5. Way Points have 5 Portals that Link to - [ RED Home / GREEN Globe / BLUE Globe / OBSIDIAN SANCTUM / LIONS ARCH ]
  6. Personal Reward for EOTM - loot drops, badges of honor, karma and coin
  7. Personal Reward for EOTM - world experience
  8. Personal Reward for EOTM - unique Edge of the Mists (achievements)
  9. Personal Reward for EOTM - WvW daily achievements
  10. Personal Reward Exception - Edge of the Mists progress does not count towards Skirmish reward tracks
  11. Skirmish Reward Track - Based on a Player's Total WvG Earned Points while fighting on Home & Enemy Globes for the week
  12. Remove All Links between WvW & Edge of the Mists - i.e. - EOTM Supply Drop

1. Common Areas at each Way Point welcomes players from ALL Servers based on their Region
  2. Map or Recruiting Channel allows players to broadacst messages to players from ALL Servers based on their Region
  3. Provide Services that attact PvE Players to visit WvG

EOTM - Craft-Merchant Vendors

1. New - Craft Vendors - Available only in Armistice Bastion
  2. Bank
  3. Black Lion Trader
  4. Mechant - Laurel
  5. Mechant - Outfitter
  6. Repair - Arcane Agent
  7. Armor Master
  8. Weapon Master
  9. See - Starter area (Enemy Borderlands)

Next Up…WvG Tournaments - Gives Meaning & Purpose Behind Being the #1 Ranked WvG Server for your Region

@"Svarty.8019" said:So... everybody gets rewarded if they are on a low tier server and zerg all over the top 3 servers. I ... actually ... I like that idea. Wow. Defending is going to bloody hard tho. Can we have the old T2 and T3 walls back?

Answer depends...

Current - WvW - REBOOT VERSION

• No change to walls. WvW ecosystem is very fragile at the moment, but this is not closed to discussion.

WvG - NEW GAME MODE VERSION

• Automatic Upgrades will need to be carefully designed, reviewed, and updated based on developer & community feedback.

What you're asking about is probably found in my Game Director's Developer Notes that helps keep track of all the interconnected components of the WvG game mode.

CHAPTER 12 - [ Private - Dev Notes ] - DESIGN F-H

g) Defense

CHAPTER 10 - Updated - 2021.02.08 - WvG DESIGN - TOPICS - Discussion web links related to WvGhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064963/#Comment_1064963

Candidate Reference Posts Under Consideration - File Pending into a Specific Design Chapter

New - The Toxicity is Crazy2021.02.04https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/122991/the-toxicity-is-crazy/p1Dev note - Critical need to reduce toxic behavior & encourage positive sportsmanship

A New Player "Welcome Package" Achievement2019.10.25https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1081342/#Comment_1081342/p1

Environmental Effects2019.10.25https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1081479/#Comment_1081479/p1

• 2 weeks later...

WvG is a game mode where Players are engaged to repeatedly return to GW2 to play in Healthy & Competitive Match-Ups they pick themselves.

There's a vacuum of leadership & vision (no game director) to properly guide this game mode...imho

Ships need a captain. Planes need a pilot. WvW needs a director.

Sorry for the wall of text, but publishing a Road Map to fix WvW covers a lot of topics that I don't think a single post can do.

We seriously need a Road Map that's well thought out & has a heart-felt approach to nurturing players to return to play this game mode.

These posted Permanent Chapters are arranged in a Table of Contents to show us the Whole Forest while not losing sight of the Trees within it.

If this is your first time reading about this discussion, or you've already seen it many times...please consider reading the 1st post again.

I've put in a lot of effort into cleaning up the Table of Contents to better explain the Chapters that leads to a better solution...imho

Fixing things needs to be done in the long-term using a structured & systematic approach to address everyone's concerns as they evolve.

I'd like to see our WvW game mode evolve & prosper for the benefit of both the Players & ANet.

I'd like to politely ask ANet...which imho...should require minimal coding - Consider:

REBOOTING WvW - with instructions found in Chapter 1:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064947/#Comment_1064947

• 2 months later...

Major Road Map Changes are being made to the following Chapters:

CHAPTER 1 - REBOOT WvW

Remove World Linking & Implement Changes to WvW

CHAPTER 5 - EOTM LOBBY

Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendors

For a Complete Road Map list of Chapters see:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/61981-wvg-world-vs-globes-road-map-to-reboot-wvw

See this post for the reason behind these planned changes:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/95960-upcoming-changes-to-the-edge-of-the-mists-arena/p1

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
----------

CHAPTER 5 - Major Update

----------

MIST LOBBY - Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendors

2021.07.10 - This Post Last Updated

Bookmark - Link To Source Post

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064951/#Comment_1064951

----------

----------

WvG - Table of Contents

----------

Mist Lobby provides 3 major functions to support WvG

1st -  Waiting Room to Enter Main WvG Game Mode
2nd -  Allow PvE Player to become familiar with PvP Combat
3rd -  Allow Guilds to Recruit in a common area

----------

New - Mist Lobby Layout has 4 Major Areas that players can visit to access specific game mode Way Points

New - [ Area 1 of 4 ] - WvW - Word vs World
New - Place that links all Mega World Servers together
New - Also, Serves as Over-Flow Maps to WvG

New - Players are dynamically assigned a World to fight for in an ongoing Battle between 3 different Universal Worlds

New - wvw map - WP - World 1 - ORANGE
New - wvw map - WP - World 2 - YELLOW
New - wvw map - WP - World 3 - PINK

New - [ Area - 2 of 4 ] - WvG - World vs Globes
New - Place that links all Players to their Chosen Home Globe
New - Waypoints allow players to enter their Home Globe to Defend & 2 Enemy Globes to Fight Against

New - wvg map - WP - Home Globe - RED
New - wvg map - WP - Enemy Globe 1 - GREEN
New - wvg map - WP - Enemy Globe 2 - BLUE

New - [ Area - 3 of 4 ] - GvG - Guild vs Guild
New - Place that links all Players to Guild Arenas
New - Waypoints allow players to enter waiting rooms to fight or spectate in Guild Arenas based on squad size

New - gvg map - WP - 10  vs 10 / x Spectators - WHITE
New - gvg map - WP - 20  vs 20 / x Spectators - PURPLE
New - gvg map - WP - 40  vs 40 / x Spectators - BLACK
New - gvg map - WP - Obsidian Sanctum - BROWN

New - Note - Colors are loosely based on martial arts belt ranks

----------

[ Area - 4 of 4 ] - EOTM - Craft-Merchant Vendors

1.  Craft Vendors - Available only in Armistice Bastion
2.  Bank
3.  Black Lion Trader
4.  Mechant - Laurel
5.  Mechant - Outfitter
6.  Repair - Arcane Agent
7.  Armor Master
8.  Weapon Master

Note - See - Starter area (Enemy Borderlands)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Alpine_Borderlands#Services

----------

WvW - REBOOT VERSION - EDGE OF THE MISTS - Mist Raiding while Rebooting WvW

1.  ALL Players MUST enter WvW through EOTM before traveling anywhere else
2.  Edge of the Mists - Way Point Colors are - [ RED / GREEN / BLUE  ]
3.  Players that enter EOTM are automatically placed on the Color Team that their Home Server is assigned
4.  Players battle each other over EOTM Objectives
5.  Way Points have 5 Portals that Link to - [ RED / GREEN / BLUE / OBSIDIAN SANCTUM / LIONS ARCH ]
6.  Personal Reward for EOTM - loot drops, badges of honor, karma and coin
7.  Personal Reward for EOTM  - world experience
8.  Personal Reward for EOTM  - unique Edge of the Mists (achievements)
9.  Personal Reward for EOTM  - WvW daily achievements
11. Keep Links intact between WvW & Edge of the Mists - i.e. - EOTM Supply Drop

Note - Based on a Player's Total WvW Earned Points while fighting on Home & Enemy Servers for the week

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

----------

WvG - GAME MODE VERSION - EDGE OF THE MISTS - Mist Raiding after WvG Is Launched

1.  ALL Players MUST enter WvG through EOTM before traveling anywhere else
2.  Edge of the Mists - Way Point Colors are - [ ORANGE / YELLOW / PINK  ]
3.  Players that enter EOTM are automatically placed on the Color Team that has the lowest score for EOTM
4.  Players battle each other over EOTM Objectives
5.  Way Points have 5 Portals that Link to - [ RED Home / GREEN Globe / BLUE Globe / OBSIDIAN SANCTUM / LIONS ARCH ]
6.  Personal Reward for EOTM - loot drops, badges of honor, karma and coin
7.  Personal Reward for EOTM  - world experience
8.  Personal Reward for EOTM  - unique Edge of the Mists (achievements)
9.  Personal Reward for EOTM  - WvW daily achievements
11. Remove All Links between WvW & Edge of the Mists - i.e. - EOTM Supply Drop

Note - Based on a Player's Total WvG Earned Points while fighting on Home & Enemy Globes for the week

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_reward_track

----------

1.  Common Areas at each Way Point welcomes players from ALL Servers based on their Region
2.  Map or Recruiting Channel allows players to broadacst messages to players from ALL Servers based on their Region
3.  Provide Services that attact PvE Players to visit WvG

----------

Next Up…WvG Tournaments - Gives Meaning & Purpose Behind Being the #1 Ranked WvG Server for your Region

----------
Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 1

CHAPTER 5 - MIST LOBBY

Mist Raiding, WvG Recruitment & Craft-Merchant Vendors

----------

Read carefully.  Chapter 5 had a Major Update.

If you compare earlier posting of Chapter 5 you can see the difference & evolution.

TLDR - Major Update allows entry into 3 new different game modes & an area to attract Non-WvW players to visit.

Area - 1 of 4 - WvW - Dynamic Mega Server Event

Area - 2 of 4 - WvG - Server vs Server

Area - 3 of 4 - GvG - Guild vs Guild

Area - 4 of 4 - Craft Merchant Vendors

This New Mist Lobby is designed to support WvG and does this by the following 3 things:

Purpose - 1 of 3 -  Waiting Room to Enter Main WvG Game Mode

Purpose - 2 of 3 -  Allow PvE Player to become familiar with PvP Combat
Purpose - 3 of 3 -  Allow Guilds to Recruit in a common area

----------

Updated the earlier post to show what's new.

When changes are made to a game mode you have to update it, but keep a master copy posted.

The Permanent Posted Chapters in the Table of Contents help provide a Road Map that gets updated.

WvG - Table of Contents

Thanks for allowing me to clarify things for you.

Yours truly,
Diku

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Thanks 3

3am.... 😌

zzzzzz.... 😴

somewhere in north america....... 😑

snort.. cough..... snore.... 😪

DING - You have a new notification!

SNORE SNORT! 😵

WTF! 😲

Two likes to two two year old posts! You crazy people! 😵

I see the book is still going, we should have all made a bet on which would have been implemented first, the alliances or the globes.

15 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Two likes to two two year old posts! You crazy people! 😵

I mean, if he didn't keep shilling this thread and necroing it, people wouldn't be reacting to those posts lol. 

Also imo it was pretty obvious that ANet would do alliances before whatever this is meant to be, even before their recent reassurance that alliances haven't been forgotten and are still going ahead. I did read the whole word salad of a thread, now I'd like my 15 minutes and 50 IQ points back. There's no point in me giving any constructive critique because it'll just be ignored. Mods should really lock this thread to prevent it being necroed any further as it's basically spam at this point, as amusing as it is.

Edited by Bellatrixa.3546
Too early in the morning to word properly, also have a case of the dumbs after reading this thread

• 2 months later...

This is not a necro post.

See bottom of this post to compare it with - 2021.01.31 - OLD VERSION

Permanent CHAPTER 2 has under gone a major update based on feedback of recent ANet's Beta of World Restructuring.

CHAPTER 2 - REDESIGN WvW - Updated version posted on 2021.09.25

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064948/#Comment_1064948

---------------------

CHAPTER 2

---------------------

REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competition

2021.09.26 - This Post Last Updated

---------------------

1.  To answer concerns about this thread being convoluted or a necro posting

2.  Posts here are meant to notifiy the WvW community that a substantial update has been done to a permanent CHAPTER found in the  WvG Table of Contents link below

3.  I know it's a lot to ask...but please spend some time reading through these Chapters beginning with Chapter 1

---------------------

*WvG - Table of Contents*

---------------------

Player Driven, but Anet Controlled Match-Ups help to encourage Healthy Competition

---------------------

STEPS TO RE-DESIGN - WvW Into WvG

---------------------

1.   Put current WvW game mode into Maintenance - No Changes Allowed

2.   Re-Focus Development Team's Direction - See [ Chapter 3 - New Game Mode & Vision ]

3.   Create a Parallel WvG game mode

4.   Develop WvG to replace WvW in the steps outlined in Chapter 2

5.   Long-term goal is to preserve ALL Server Team Identities & Communities

6.   Initially Create 4 Globes for this New WvG game mode to Test & Develop "Proof of Concept"

7.   Remove ALL Design Mechanics from the Base maps that WvW uses & Re-Purpose them for WvG

8.   Next, Layer back Design Mechanics as needed for these New WvG Globes - See [ Chapter 7 - WvG Overview ]

9.   Use of Globe Raiding is critical to creating Match-Ups Players weekly pick themselves

10. Later Create More WvG Globes to replace ALL existing servers after Confirming "Proof of Concept"

11. New WvG game mode is "slowly" beta tested during "weekend events" where WvW is turned off

12. New WvG game mode eventually swapped in to replace Old WvW

13. Old WvW is then allowed to gracefully fade away

---------------------

REDESIGN WvW - PHASE 1 of 3 - Build 4 Beta WvG Based Globes - Not Connected to WvW

---------------------

A)   Build 4 Beta WvG Based Globes - See list of Objectives, Services, Feedback & Reward Player, Feedback & Reward Server to include

1.   NA1 = North America 1 - [ Name Changeable to a WvW Server ]

2.   NA2 = North America 2 - [ Name Changeable to a WvW Server ]

3.   NA3 = North America 3 - [ Name Changeable to a WvW Server ]

4.   NA4 = North America 4 - [ Name Changeable to a WvW Server ]

5.   Other Regions for NA / EU / AS = Future Asia Zone not listed to be added later

Objectives - See Chapter 2

Services - See Chapter 2

Feedback & Reward Server - See Chapter 2

Feedback & Reward Player - See Chapter 2

Events-PvE-&-WvG - See Chapter 2

Anti-Trolling Buffs & Counter Weights - See Chapter 2

B)    Assign each Beta WvG Globe to own all 6 Base Maps of WvW

NA1 = RED / GREEN / BLUE / EBG / OS / EoTM

NA2 = RED / GREEN / BLUE / EBG / OS / EoTM

NA3 = RED / GREEN / BLUE / EBG / OS / EoTM

NA4 = RED / GREEN / BLUE / EBG / OS / EoTM

C)   Modify WayPoints on these WvG Based Globes for Players to Use New Globe Raiding mechanic to visit their Home & Chosen Enemy Globes

RED = Player can only use on their Home WvG Globe

GREEN = Player's 1st Enemy WvG Globe Choice

BLUE = Player's 2nd Enemy WvG Globe Choice

---------------------

REDESIGN WvW - PHASE 2 of 3 - Open 4 Beta WvG Based Globes for players to pick as their Home Globe To Test - Not Connected to WvW

---------------------

A)   First Globe that fills up is Ranked #1 and then increasing in numerical order - Players will use the Normal Server Guesting Feature to select their Home Globe

B)   Globe maximum population level for Beta is set to [ xxxx ] & once reached will cause a Globe's Server Status to change to [ FULL ] & Not Allow Players to Join

C)  Match-Ups can begin as soon as players begin to visit any of the 2 Enemy Globes that they picked for the week to fight on

D)  Players are only [ REWARDED ] for attacking any Higher Ranked Globe than their Home Globe using the New Globe Raiding Mechanic

E)  Players on the #1 Ranked Globe only get [ REWARDED ] for defending their Home Globe, but the reward is [ DOUBLE ]

---------------------

REDESIGN WvW - PHASE 3 of 3 - Repeat Phase 1  & 2 Until there are enough Globes for all Regions - NA / EU / AS - Not Connected to WvW

---------------------

A)   Keep repeating & adding more globes, objectives, services, and events

---------------------

Being Ranked #1 needs to be earned & will come at a cost with this New Match-Up Design

---------------------

2021.01.31 - OLD VERSION

CHAPTER 2

REDESIGN WvW - Re-Purpose Server Guesting for WvG & encourage Healthy Competition

<ol>
<li>To answer concerns about this thread being convoluted</li>
<li>I frequently Update & Change content to this planned Road Map & Vision to reflect this WvW Community's feedback</li>
<li>The WvG Table of Contents link below helps to provide the most up-to-date details without having to search through multiple posts</li>
<li>It's <u>critical that you read & understand all the concepts</u> found in the Chapter links in the WvG Table of Contents</li>
<li>I know it's a lot to ask...but please spend some time reading through these Chapters beginning with Chapter 1</li>
<li>Sorry in advance if the author isn't prompt in addressing your concerns</li>

</ol>

Player Driven, but Anet Controlled Match-Ups help to encourage Healthy Competition5 Simple Steps To Redesigning WvW

1. Remove the current match-up system, but keep a system for Server Score & Rank - See [ Chapters on Design ]
  2. Assign each Server a "Globe" to Defend - (Single unit of maps owned by the same server - Number of maps adjustable between 1 - 4)
  3. Let players pick any (2) "Globes" [ 1st choice = Green ] & [ 2nd choice = Blue ] to weekly raid using a Re-Purposed
  4. During the Match-Up players are shown the top (3) highest scoring enemies raiding their Home Server's Globe in a random order
  5. Players Earn Rewards ONLY when they raid "Globes" that are "Ranked Higher or Equal to" their Home Server

Take Steps to Redesign WvW Into WvG

1. Put current WvW game mode into Maintenance - No Changes Allowed
  2. Re-Focus Development Team's Direction - See [ New Game Mode & Vision ]
  3. Create a Parallel WvG game mode
  4. Develop WvG to replace WvW in the steps outlined below
  5. Long-term goal is to preserve ALL Server Team Identities & Communities
  6. Initially Create 5 Servers for this New WvG game mode to Test & Develop "Proof of Concept"
  7. Remove ALL Design Mechanics from the Base maps that WvW uses & Re-Purpose them for WvG
  8. Next, Layer back Design Mechanics as needed for these New WvG maps - See [ WvG Overview ]
  9. Later Create More WvG Servers to replace ALL existing servers after Confirming "Proof of Concept"
  10. New WvG game mode is "slowly" beta tested during "weekend events" where WvW is turned off
  11. New WvG game mode eventually swapped in to replace Old WvW
  12. Old WvW is then allowed to gracefully fade away

Being Ranked #1 needs to be earned & will come at a cost with this New Match-Up Design

Edited by Diku.2546

3 hours ago, Diku.2546 said:

This is not a necro post.

Permanent CHAPTER 2 has under gone a major update based on feedback of recent ANet's Beta of World Restructuring.

CHAPTER 2 - REDESIGN WvW - Updated version posted on 2021.09.25

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1064948/#Comment_1064948

See bottom of this post to compare it with - 2021.01.31 - OLD VERSION

---------------------

CHAPTER 2

---------------------

2021.09.25 - This Post Last Updated

---------------------

1.  To answer concerns about this thread being convoluted or a necro posting

2.  Posts here are meant to notifiy the WvW community that a substantial update has been done to a permanent CHAPTER found in the  WvG Table of Contents link below

3.  I know it's a lot to ask...but please spend some time reading through these Chapters beginning with Chapter 1

---------------------

*WvG - Table of Contents*

---------------------

Player Driven, but Anet Controlled Match-Ups help to encourage Healthy Competition

---------------------

REDESIGN WvW - PHASE 1 - Build 4 Beta WvG Based Globes - Not Connected to WvW

---------------------

A)   Build 4 Beta WvG Based Globes - See list of Objectives, Services, Feedback & Reward Player, Feedback & Reward Server to include

1.   NA1 = North America 1 - [ Name Changeable to a WvW Server ]
        2.   NA2 = North America 2 - [ Name Changeable to a WvW Server ]
        3.   NA3 = North America 3 - [ Name Changeable to a WvW Server ]
        4.   NA4 = North America 4 - [ Name Changeable to a WvW Server ]
        5.   Other Regions for NA / EU / AS = Future Asia Zone not listed to be added later

Objectives - See list

Services - See list

Feedback & Reward Server - See list

Feedback & Reward Player - See list

Events-PvE-&-WvG - See list

Anti-Trolling Buffs & Counter Weights - See list

B)    Assign each Beta WvG Globe to own all 6 Base Maps of WvW

NA1 = RED / GREEN / BLUE / EBG / OS / EoTM
        NA2 = RED / GREEN / BLUE / EBG / OS / EoTM
        NA3 = RED / GREEN / BLUE / EBG / OS / EoTM
        NA4 = RED / GREEN / BLUE / EBG / OS / EoTM

C)   Modify WayPoints on these WvG Based Globes for Players to Use a Modfied Server Guesting to visit their Home & Chosen Enemy Globes

RED = Player can only use on their Home WvG Globe
        GREEN = Player's 1st Enemy WvG Globe Choice
        BLUE = Player's 2nd Enemy WvG Globe Choice

---------------------

REDESIGN WvW - PHASE 2 - Open 4 Beta WvG Based Globes for players to pick as their Home Globe To Test - Not Connected to WvW

---------------------

A)   First Globe that fills up is Ranked #1 and then increasing in numerical order

B)   Globe maximum population level for Beta is set to [ xxxx ] & once reached will cause a Globe's Server Status to change to [ FULL ] & Not Allow Players to Join

C)  Match-Ups can begin as soon as players begin to visit any of the 2 Enemy Globes that they picked for the week to fight on

D)  Players are only [ REWARDED ] for attacking any Higher Ranked Globe than their Home Globe

E)  Players on the #1 Ranked Globe only get [ REWARDED ] for defending their Home Globe, but the reward is [ DOUBLE ]

---------------------

REDESIGN WvW - PHASE 3 - Repeat Phase 1  & 2 Until there are enough Globes for all Regions - NA / EU / AS - Not Connected to WvW

---------------------

A)   Keep repeating & adding more globes, objectives, services, and events

---------------------

STEPS TO RE-DESIGN - WvW Into WvG

---------------------

1.   Put current WvW game mode into Maintenance - No Changes Allowed
2.   Re-Focus Development Team's Direction - See [ New Game Mode & Vision ]
3.   Create a Parallel WvG game mode
4.   Develop WvG to replace WvW in the steps outlined above
5.   Long-term goal is to preserve ALL Server Team Identities & Communities
6.   Initially Create 4 Globes for this New WvG game mode to Test & Develop "Proof of Concept"
7.   Remove ALL Design Mechanics from the Base maps that WvW uses & Re-Purpose them for WvG
8.   Next, Layer back Design Mechanics as needed for these New WvG Globes - See [ WvG Overview ]
9.   Later Create More WvG Globes to replace ALL existing servers after Confirming "Proof of Concept"
10. New WvG game mode is "slowly" beta tested during "weekend events" where WvW is turned off

---------------------

---------------------

2021.01.31 - OLD VERSION

CHAPTER 2

<ol>
<li>To answer concerns about this thread being convoluted</li>
<li>I frequently Update & Change content to this planned Road Map & Vision to reflect this WvW Community's feedback</li>
<li>The WvG Table of Contents link below helps to provide the most up-to-date details without having to search through multiple posts</li>
<li>It's <u>critical that you read & understand all the concepts</u> found in the Chapter links in the WvG Table of Contents</li>
<li>I know it's a lot to ask...but please spend some time reading through these Chapters beginning with Chapter 1</li>
<li>Sorry in advance if the author isn't prompt in addressing your concerns</li>

</ol>

Player Driven, but Anet Controlled Match-Ups help to encourage Healthy Competition5 Simple Steps To Redesigning WvW

1. Remove the current match-up system, but keep a system for Server Score & Rank - See [ Chapters on Design ]
  2. Assign each Server a "Globe" to Defend - (Single unit of maps owned by the same server - Number of maps adjustable between 1 - 4)
  3. Let players pick any (2) "Globes" [ 1st choice = Green ] & [ 2nd choice = Blue ] to weekly raid using a Re-Purposed
  4. During the Match-Up players are shown the top (3) highest scoring enemies raiding their Home Server's Globe in a random order
  5. Players Earn Rewards ONLY when they raid "Globes" that are "Ranked Higher or Equal to" their Home Server

Take Steps to Redesign WvW Into WvG

1. Put current WvW game mode into Maintenance - No Changes Allowed
  2. Re-Focus Development Team's Direction - See [ New Game Mode & Vision ]
  3. Create a Parallel WvG game mode
  4. Develop WvG to replace WvW in the steps outlined below
  5. Long-term goal is to preserve ALL Server Team Identities & Communities
  6. Initially Create 5 Servers for this New WvG game mode to Test & Develop "Proof of Concept"
  7. Remove ALL Design Mechanics from the Base maps that WvW uses & Re-Purpose them for WvG
  8. Next, Layer back Design Mechanics as needed for these New WvG maps - See [ WvG Overview ]
  9. Later Create More WvG Servers to replace ALL existing servers after Confirming "Proof of Concept"

any TLDR version?