Perhaps the problem is me, tell me how to beat you.

Crab Fear.1624

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:Against power guardian:

Shadowshot -> unblockable 3k damage -> dash out of range of counter-pressure

Repeat until you win, don't even need other weapon skills. Bonus points for using the stolen 3s daze.

Lmao just that easy eh, given guards a known hard counter to thieves and known to be in favor of guard when players are close to equal skill im surprised everyone has missed this easy tactic all these yrs, who woulda thought it was so easy lol.Man these forums are sad these days.

Doesn't stop it being true. And whether or not the matchup is in favour of the thief or the guard, doesn't change the fact that this is the best strategy for the thief to emply.

Thieves lose to guards when they try to stay in melee and go toe-to-toe.

Thieves can beat power guards when they spike-and-kite, and prioritise their unblockable stuff.

Talking about a dps power guard, not a burn-bunker.

u saying it doesnt make it true :) all ur statements says is u sit there and eat repeated shodow shots till ur dead lol what are u doing in between afking, Then complain how easy a target u are?

What could it do?

It can't catch the thief?

The way a guardian beats a thief is by standing on point and waiting for the thief to come close and make the mistake of fighting toe-to-toe.

The way a thief beats guardian is to refuse to play that game.

u must be be doing something wrong given guard is thiefs hard counter and is usually a favored match up for the guard. Most guards I face even with a shadow shot successful usually immediately return the favor with higj damage burn stacks, usually if ur even close enough to touch a guard with melee ur eating burn etc that delete a teefs hp quick. Thief can clear em sure but is eating more stacks when trying to engage again. They kite u use ur scepter and Jesus beam lol or spirit weapon for high burn stacks. Guards have options vs thief and is actually a favorable fight for the guard, maybe u should practice more.

You've missed the part where I said I was talking about power-guardian. It really helps to read all of the words.

Burn-DH is an entirely different situation.

You're also STILL ignoring that this isn't about which class is favoured in the matchup. This is about which strategy has the best chance of winning for the thief.

Nobody ever said that thief was favoured in this matchup, so why do you keep arguing that point?

I'll say it again, very very slowly. This thread, is not about which matchups does thief win. Not about that. Not. About. That. It is about which strategy gives the thief the highest chance of winning, even if that chance is slim.

Regardless whether ur playing power guard or not i doubt its as easy as shadow shot and repeat. U are right I missed the power guard part, props are due to u then good sir for not jumping on the fotm burn guard. To that I say carry on.

It really is that simple.

Guardian defense is based around blocks.

You have an unblockable skill.

Why would you waste initiative on anything else?

well u wouldn't but u have offensive skills to. To be honest its been yrs since I fought a non burn guard.

I main Warrior. (Berserker spec) Axe/Shield, GS. (DPS oriented).

*Interrupt mending . Daredevil has a very low cd steal and headshot is low cost. Interrupting Mending/To the Limit! can turn a warriors brain off and take all of the pressure off you as they try to break LoS to heal.(If spellbreaker, make sure you avoid FC since the 1s daze will be enough to cover their heal if they hit you and steal is on cd.)

Do not be hit by headbutt. The skill is telegraphed and comes off cd every 17 seconds. If I hit you with it, I'll kill you unless you burn a CD or stunbreak. You can interrupt, blind, or evade it, but making sure it doesn't contact you will make the fight easier.

Whirling Axe in Blind Field. Blind is Warrior's hard counter and we usually have to burn a CD or swap to get rid of it, since our big bursts are single hit.

If I decide to block while you are stealthed, backstab is free since backstab + swipe interrupts block.

I also play Thief (Daredevil). Sword/Pistol, Pistol/Pistol (DPS oriented)

I run seal area. I cannot hide the dust mark the prep setting makes. If you keep an eye out for it, you'll know where I set it. If I catch you in seal area you're going to get bursted or have to burn cds to avoid it.

Reflect/Evade/LoS Unload, but do not try to interrupt it if it hits you before you react to it or it was prefaced by sneak attack. It'll blind you and I'll finish the channel anyway.

I run bound. Time your attacks for when I am landing from a dodge, even if I am going into stealth.

Most of Revenant currently and it doesn't really change outside of playing Herald that isn't using Retribution.

Weakness is a big part of the sustain, as long as you have it you shouldn't use the big guns, but it's also where I can deal the most damage so you should be wary of my attacks.

Most of my skills are highly telegraphed and will be a risk of death if interrupted after stunbreaking or using a stunbreak to sustain already because the bigger part of what keeps my alive as the stunbreak themselves.

The pacing of aggression should be consistent because the longer I get to rest, the more powerful the following will be due to energy stacking.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Repeat until you win, don't even need other weapon skills. Bonus points for using the stolen 3s daze.

Lmao just that easy eh, given guards a known hard counter to thieves and known to be in favor of guard when players are close to equal skill im surprised everyone has missed this easy tactic all these yrs, who woulda thought it was so easy lol.Man these forums are sad these days.

Doesn't stop it being true. And whether or not the matchup is in favour of the thief or the guard, doesn't change the fact that this is the best strategy for the thief to emply.

Thieves can beat power guards when they spike-and-kite, and prioritise their unblockable stuff.

u saying it doesnt make it true :) all ur statements says is u sit there and eat repeated shodow shots till ur dead lol what are u doing in between afking, Then complain how easy a target u are?

What could it do?

The way a guardian beats a thief is by standing on point and waiting for the thief to come close and make the mistake of fighting toe-to-toe.

u must be be doing something wrong given guard is thiefs hard counter and is usually a favored match up for the guard. Most guards I face even with a shadow shot successful usually immediately return the favor with higj damage burn stacks, usually if ur even close enough to touch a guard with melee ur eating burn etc that delete a teefs hp quick. Thief can clear em sure but is eating more stacks when trying to engage again. They kite u use ur scepter and Jesus beam lol or spirit weapon for high burn stacks. Guards have options vs thief and is actually a favorable fight for the guard, maybe u should practice more.

You've missed the part where I said I was talking about power-guardian. It really helps to read all of the words.

You're also STILL ignoring that this isn't about which class is favoured in the matchup. This is about which strategy has the best chance of winning for the thief.

Nobody ever said that thief was favoured in this matchup, so why do you keep arguing that point?

I'll say it again, very very slowly. This thread, is not about which matchups does thief win. Not about that. Not. About. That. It is about which strategy gives the thief the highest chance of winning, even if that chance is slim.

Regardless whether ur playing power guard or not i doubt its as easy as shadow shot and repeat. U are right I missed the power guard part, props are due to u then good sir for not jumping on the fotm burn guard. To that I say carry on.

Only the blinding projectile is unblockable, not the damaging hit.

Not arguing with your point though.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

What could it do?

It clears the aegis and gives space for a few 111s for free before ducking back out.

Guard out-damages thief in the long term, but thief can do more in the first 1s of an engage.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

What could it do?

It clears the aegis and gives space for a few 111s for free before ducking back out.

Guard out-damages thief in the long term, but thief can do more in the first 1s of an engage.

Well, it clears Aegis by blocking an attack, so... kind of it's intended? Quick attacks make block less effective by design. Except you are using FC with built in evade of course.

Again, not disagreeing with your point, just saying the unblockable part is not as bad as it seems reading the tooltip. Unblockable port and blind is still tough for Guard of course.