Which profession needs changes?

Gudradain.3892

Too lazy to get out of bed this morning, so here are my thoughts in no particular order:

Guardian: I would like to see a total rework to Firebrand tomes so there isn't such a huge skill bloat offered for just one elite spec, and would then like to see the espec rebalanced. Burn Guard's trait synergy combined with skills like SoJ is such an abhorrent cancer that I would love to see nuked from orbit. It could use some buffs to make it a more well-rounded condi class, it just does what it does way too well.

Revenant: Jalis is too strong now, but I am not sure how the best way to nerf it would be. Condi Rev is horribly oppressive in small-scale and needs some nerfs along with a total rework to Tormenting Runes. True Nature - Demon needs to be reevaluated. Ventari could use some reworks: bubble uptime is stupid cheese but its overall ability to support is rather poor and impractical.Hammer is both very oppressive in its tiny niche and absolutely horrible otherwise; I'm in the camp of reworking it at this point. Shortbow is low effort with high reward. My main class so I could write a whole lot more here.

Ranger: Dolyak Stance needs to have its damage reduction removed. Ancient Seeds should just be straight up reworked. Druid could see some overall buffs to its support potential (mostly making staff and CA1/2 slightly more practical). Self prot uptime potential is arguably problematic. Otherwise eh, I think the class is relatively fine. Strong roamer with effective snipe builds. If I had my way I would like to see arcing on all projectile skills removed, but that is moreso just bias speaking and is most noticeable with Ranger longbow's inherent long range.

Thief: IMO Shadow Arts is probably the most standout problem with the class. Stealth uptime is far too high. I also think Swipe being unblockable is a mistake; would like to see it given 900 range with unblockable removed. Dash is arguably too much value for its investment, but I am not a Thief player so cannot really comment too deeply on this. Beyond the stealth cheese, the class seems a bit undertuned. Downed Deadeyes should automatically spawn siege blueprints on top of them and cause all enemies within 240 units to jump repeatedly.

Elementalist: Core needs big love for sure. Weaver IMO is fine. Tempest's ability to disrupt small-scale fights is pretty insane. Honestly the biggest thing for me would be to restore the old aura icons so it is easier to differentiate them. Magnetic and Shocking aura need to be instantly discernible in any scale of fight, and the icons were the best way of recognizing this. Otherwise, support Tempest's potential to survive is probably overtuned, but not really sure if in need of nerfs. #JustMinstrelThings

Warrior: Oh dear, I am not really sure how to approach this one. The class is clearly one of the weaker ones right now, but Full Counter still stands out as overtuned and propping up the class more than it should. Core feels too weak and Berserker is absolutely horribly designed and needs a rework to not be such a one-trick pony gimmick. There are weapons that still stand out as dated (offhand mace, offhand sword, longbow come to mind). Buff core War in a way that makes the class more viable without returning it to pre-balance patch stancemonkey Defense builds.

Mesmer: Class is generally suffering right now, but Mirage Cloak is still inherently broken at its core. Reevaluate Mirage Cloak and restore Mirage's second dodge. Power Mes is a one trick pony that is nothing without its burst. Clones die insanely easily in the game mode. Continuum Split is a questionable design choice considering its potential impact, but at the very least requires finesse to pull off. Invuln uptime potential (mostly for Signet Inspirarion Mirage builds) is way too high even with just one dodge, but shouldn't be looked at before the class in general gets some buffs. Honestly the class seems really badly balanced in general. Heart goes out to you all, unless you main condi Mirage.

Engineer: Core, like Ele, is undertuned and needs some big love. Purity of Purpose should be restricted to self-only. Scrapper Support feels too easy to play, if that makes sense. Scrapper's damage-to-barrier mechanic is pretty broken for power builds in terms of WvW. Explosive Entrance/Flashbang and Nades are all overtuned, but even with all of that, core is still C-tier. Not much else to say.

Necro: I wish support Scourge was more of a thing, but the spec has received so many nerfs because its design is so unhealthy for the game mode. I would like to see quickness uptime on Reaper's Onslaught brought down. Shroud uptime is probably overtuned on some builds, but not really sure it needs to be addressed in the context of WvW. The class needs some of its boon-hate restored. Not sure what else to say here.

Don't nerf teef, that's what I'm playing these days lmao.

Mesmer needs buffs. Losing stealth duty to scrappers was a nono, losing chrono for a year was a nono, clones are garbage in zergs, Mirage losing a dodge was... yeah. Stuff like well of corruption has unblockable yet why not null field? Their shatter mechanic seems so poor now when I compare it to something like a deadeye mark and the stuff you could do with that. But people have problems telling a clone apart from the player so constant calls for nerfs...

Half of the people complaining about thieves and rangers tend to make the same mistake that roaming classes do in zergs. I would expect to get flamed for bringing a thief into a prime time squad, so I don't get why people are surprised when they bring their zerg build to roaming/cloud/havok situations and promptly get their ass handed to them by a thief or ranger. If you go zerging, bring a zerg build, right? So if you go roaming, bring a roaming build. Simples.

I think nerfing a theif is a ridiculous option. They are one of the hardest to play classes because they are only viable as evasion/condition, or crit/stealth. Guardians, specifically Dragon Hunters are the most overpowered at the moment and need to be dialed back a bit. In general having way to many options to just turn invulnerable with berserker stats and destroy everyone in the vicinity with traps. Core burn guardians arent any better, they are just a condition damage same concept. destroy everyone in an area while turning invulnerable. Either lower the damage output or reduce invulnerability durations. Simple fix.

@KrHome.1920 said:If you play organized with a pug, then the bigger number wins. The average pug skill level is equal across the servers. Whoever says something different is delusional.This thread keeps on giving. Those were unexpectedly striking words I must say :3 .

I got away from organized zerging /.../ At some point you just stop playing the lootbag and either leave the game or begin to create your own gaming experience, which includes clouding as this doesn't require you to play a certain build and to be at a certain position, where you just die in your 30v50 fight.I can see part of this being a motivation for sure, I mean, clouding and/or havocking does give you some freedom that organized groups do not afford you. That's certainly what motivates me whenver I choose to cloud or havoc. I wouldn't say that number disparities on map motivates that very much though, at least not for me, that rather tends to motivate me more to organize closer with friends and bust those groups. In my experience clouding can be effective up to a certain point of organisation and scale of your opponents and once they surpass that you tend to want to organise something of your own to combat it even if you remain small. That is sort of when you transition from just clouding to havocking though since a havoc party basically is a specific party organized to cloud coordinatedly or simply into busting if there is nothing to cloud around so you need to take the attention.

@Shroud.2307 said:Don't let the wall Rangers and gank Thieves distract you from the real problems.Keep in mind that the thread mentions changes, not just nerfs. For me it's more of a question of representation and an understanding of that pickup groups are usually the doormat deeper into the mode. Rangers and Thieves can be real problems for multiple reasons with that in mind. It's one of those situations where things are not mutually exclusive. You can for example make an argument for that Rangers do have some niche and things they excel at (that are rarely seen) but also aknowledge that it isn't very good that they are regarded with disdain and often kicked out of public groups. Both things can be true at the same time.

@Fueki.4753 said:Warriors definitely need changes.CC weapon skills need their damage back.I'd like Primal Bursts to be usable outside of Berserk and have multiple tiers.

Yeah they completely destroyed hamm on warri. It made me stop playing the class entirely,cus i loved it running it. But doing 0 dmg on your burst and hamm 4 and hamm 5, No thank you.

At first, the stealth from thief should be reworked. Doing permastealth,even while being bombed with reveal ,is simply buggy and broken. Especially coupled with this insane amount of teleports.Why add reveal in the first place, if thiefs just cleanse it away? Other classes stealth isnt a problem anway, so no need to take reveal.Either the thief stealth amount should be nerfed or the reveal system being reworked.

Then, nerf a bit the core necro shroud. They are still like a raid boss.

There have been very few zerg friendly builds for Mesmer in the entirety of WvW, I can only remember three. Glamour confusion bombs, HoT chrono boonshare and maybe today's Mesmer boon stripping build. Even then, usually the commander is the chrono, and it might be more helpful if the extra Mesmer switched to something like Spellbreaker instead. They've always had a presence though, if only as a focus pull / utility slave.

Illusion mechanic is horrendous in large scale fights, and the 2 elite specs did nothing to fundamentally change how Mesmer's play. Chronos and Mirages are still bound by fragile AI through the illusion->shatter mechanic

Mirage needs its dodge back, ranger needs its pet swap back, warrior needs a bit of damage returned on cc, IA cost needs reverted. All these changes have 1 thing in common as they make the specs feel more clunky to use which should never be a acceptable result due to a change whether its a nerf or buff, anets should look at other ideas for trade offs.Lastly remove the 6th bonus on trap rune already and give it a different bonus.There's a lot of things on classes that need changed.

I think the class that needs changing the most is the Anet Balance Team. They have a habit of nerfing things into the dirt or just removing them, never buffing anything meaningful, causing build diversity to plummet fast. If we want to make the game fun and interesting again, we NEED to have a team that knows how to maintain build diversity while maintaining balance...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Buff warrior...

There is a very large change request thread on the warrior forum in regards to competitive play.

I'd say as far as nerfs go Rev needs some down tuning. Thief just needs an overhaul on how stealth works.

After watching Nephistos's warrior clips, i'm pretty sure the warriors asking for change are using level 1 starter weapons.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Buff warrior...

There is a very large change request thread on the warrior forum in regards to competitive play.

I'd say as far as nerfs go Rev needs some down tuning. Thief just needs an overhaul on how stealth works.

After watching Nephistos's warrior clips, i'm pretty sure the warriors asking for change are using level 1 starter weapons.

The issues with warrior extend beyond damage numbers and there are still ways to instagib bad players for youtube video likes.

@"Za Shaloc.3908" said:Guardian: I would like to see a total rework to Firebrand tomes so there isn't such a huge skill bloat offered for just one elite spec

I loved old guardian elites - Tome of Justice and Tome of Courage, and was bummered up when they got removed.And I really like the mechanic returned to guards in form of Firebrand Tomes.

Therefore I dislike the notion of "total rework" aimed at removing muh tomes from the game again. (Unless You can do the "total rework so there isn't such a huge skill bloat", without removing the mechanic they use righ now - as in replacing weaponbar with spells from a book, if that was possible then whatever :P)

@Sobx.1758 said:I've read that as: I want berserker to be a straight upgrade over core war. And good luck with those expectations I guess...

I never stated that they should be as strong as core Bursts.But I want them to fully interact with traits like Adrenal Health or Berserker's Power, rather than merely granting tier 1 effects.

I used to be able to kill thieves or else they would just run away before everyone nerfed my class into oblivion now I can’t kill anyone or do anything in group combat either but do I think thief needs to be nerfed? No? even though I can’t kill them now cuz my class sucks no I don’t think they should be nerfed. I think people need to stop complaining everytime somebody kills them and they can’t figure out why.