Is the gem store broke often?

Joote.4081

Two days ago, fine. Today I can't buy gems for the life of me.I read it's a thing that happens often. Does anyone have any take on this, or has experience of this?It's a bit worrying having to keep on making requests from your bank and what problems might arise from it.

So because I couldn't buy gems from the in-game store I went on a shopping trip to buy a gem code from a 3rd party. Do you know I couldn't find one on-line store that sells them. What is going on?

@BlazingBoy.4172 said:It’s happened for me quite a few times so don’t worry you aren’t alone. Try restart your game in an hour or two then try buy them again.

I have to give A-net a point here. Any other mmo would always ensure the loot shop was working even if the game didn't. So it goes to show A-Net aren't totally focused on milking it's players for cash.Saying that I wants me gems to spend and eyes wants dem now.

I don't buy gems that often, about once a month at most, but there's only been once when it didn't work. I tried using both my debit cards, and Paypal and kept getting the same error message each time. I had to contact Support and they sorted it out, then the transaction went through.

I'm not sure what exactly the problem was, but as far as I could see none of the failed attempts reached my bank. They didn't show up on statements or cause me any issues with the cards. (Which is mildly surprising considering I once had a card locked for "suspicious activity" consisting of booking a flight and a hotel room and then using my card in a foreign city.)

I got the problem once in the past. 2019 or so when I returned after a long break. (Before that I played from release until end 2013 and bought every now and then and didn't have problems.) Since the problem I had 2019 ... I never had the bug again.

I wrote to this support back then. Got fixed before the support replied. (Maybe they did something and I just noticed before they could write a reply.) You should ask the support if it happens when selecting the payment options for gems. I think they have a different support staff for this - since an external company (Digital River) is involved. And there might be security features acting up for some accounts/regions ... every now and then.

For me the bug appeared after selecing the payment method. I don't rememember what had happend exactly. Just know that I could not get to thte last page (where it explains that the browser will get opened do finish payment.) I think there was an error message before that. And I repeatedly tried every options on a few different days. And it was a sale. Few days later with my favorite stuff still on sale It finally worked then.