Fix for Metrica Province Skyscale Rider when?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did this only a few days ago and it was fine. What I did experience was a few maps where the first time I did a rift I would get no achievement but every time, if I then did the same rift again from the start I would get the achievement at the end. This happened for me I think on 3 maps. Definitely worth a try.

Well I'm not arguing it needs fixing, of course. But, to be 100% clear I completed the entire Ruler of the Skies achievement about a week ago successfully and the workaround I described above worked 100% for me on I think 3 maps. It is not some random "idea" and is likely to work for some if, probably, not all. It is at least worth a try if other people searching the forums (obviously not you, unfortunately) wish to complete it before Anet get round to fixing!

Remember the whole point of using a support forum, as opposed to opening a support ticket, is to share information with the entire community and not to provide support soley to the OP.

• 1 month later...

I took some time to go do all the Tarnished Coast ones again just now, on the tiny chance that it wasn't the ne Metrica one causing me issues even though on my very first time through I watched the achieve progress after each rift. Still bugged, I'm at 11/12. It would be nice if this were fixed.

• 1 month later...

This is still bugged. I just did the API key on the wiki and the one I've been trying to get for months now (daily on several characters multiple times) is the one showing up on the wiki as incomplete (the north one in Metrica Provice).

I've reported this to the devs once every month now plus several times ingame from time to time but still they give me none answers. Its getting really annoying as a AP hunter to not get this just because of one annoying buggy rift and Anet refuses to fix.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@"WhatLiesBeneath.9018" said:This is still bugged.

Did CS respond before you made a new ticket or have you sent a new ticket every time you couldn't finish your achievement? I ask because if send a new ticket it might reset your cue and that way you will never get a response or help to finish it.

I actually now completed all of Skyscale Rider achievement, so it do work, but it might be bugged for some which can be depending on issues that is hard to track down when there is no background information.

Did you make sure that you had blue icon buff (same that counts down the number of Motes for that path) when you charge up that main purple mote to show the path? It might happen that you did not get that buff to start for some reason.

This achievement can be tricky as some paths have several Motes that you need to navigate both up and below (see the line that connect each Mote) and when wings and tail on Skyscale can accidentally trigger Mote that is not in line (which happens on LW 4 paths), then it is easy to miss one Mote before getting to the last purple one which mark the end of Path. I systematically used GW2 wiki list of each one to complete all that I had left of each achievement for Skyscale Rider in each zone.

[edit]That buff icon can be hard to see in area where there are other blue and white icon on buff bar like in Drizzlewood. It have blue background white circle with a small number in right lower corner which count down for each Mote that you are supposed to hit with Skyscale before you get to the last Purple end Mote. Each Mote refresh your Quickness and your flight bar, so don't stress (dodge) so you will miss the next Mote, if you dodge in air to fast past where you aim with Skyscale. There is a line that you can only see when you have "eaten" one Mote that connect to next (and sometime it can be hard to see as it is really thin). If you have Mastery skill for Skyscale where you also turn invisible, then remember to use that if you get in danger to be targeted or hit by poison instead of dodging danger. There is a timer, but it is in general enough to land if necessary to charge up flight bar and continue, if you are forced to break up following path as avoid getting in downed state. Metrica Province shouldn't be that hard, but there are other places where this knowledge can be useful like when you get to Sandswept Island and there is those Ravaging Elementals with Gathering Storms which make it impossible to see last Purple Mote at statues top. Those two starting Motes are around the same place on map and it is easy to get lost when you have to navigate through leaves on trees on the same paths as Motes are going.

Good luck

Several rifts does not behave correctly, when started, but every rift can be done if you watch out if it triggers correctly. You see that little counter of orbs upon your skill bar, if it won't count, then return to the start and wait that few seconds to start it again. Then it should really work.This worked for me and I guess for the rest of us.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...