World Restructuring Update 2

Raymond Lukes.6305

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Devon Carter returns to ANet.

Alliances Maybe!?

Or at least something done to get rid of links and fix the balance problem that is bandwagon transfers.

Careful there. Hope is contagious. Just remember anets usually tactics. Where’s the legendary armory ? Prolly “on the table” with alliances somewhere.Don’t fall for the ? ? without clear communication and interest in their players.I’ll believe improvements to WvW when I see it. For now #allianceswhen

well... at least the wvw-designer position is now taken, and some old dev is back in the arena. maybe we'll hear something about #alliancewhen in the upcoming months (and whenever the EoD DLC will be released... it can only get better tbh)

i'm also feeling no links would been better. less questionable balancing, you won't balance stuff anyways in a format where it goes often enough 20 vs 50, 30v15, 5v15, 10v3, 30v45... if we normalize every peaks of the classes, sooner or later numbers would 1:1 count and skill would be worth nothing anymore. classes may feel broken if u can use their mechanics and klick fast, but that is completely fine imo.

On a german mmo site they interviewed a guy from anet about living world, the new expansion..

They askes him about alliances and WvW too since the old wvw lead designer (or whatever) is back.

He only said (roughly translated) "we don't have new infos about that but we haven't forgot it"

duh.

@"phreeak.1023" said:On a german mmo site they interviewed a guy from anet about living world, the new expansion..

They askes him about alliances and WvW too since the old wvw lead designer (or whatever) is back.

He only said (roughly translated) "we don't have new infos about that but we haven't forgot it"

duh.

Translation: "We're not allowed to tell you it was dropped because we could not monetize it the same way Gem sales for Link Bandwagon Transfers generate cash."

Alliances Ever!?

Stop leading us on! Just tell the truth and get rid of links and condense worlds!

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@"phreeak.1023" said:On a german mmo site they interviewed a guy from anet about living world, the new expansion..

duh.

Translation: "We're not allowed to tell you it was dropped because we could not monetize it the same way Gem sales for Link Bandwagon Transfers generate cash."

Alliances Ever!?

Stop leading us on! Just tell the truth and get rid of links and condense worlds!

Their silence is their answer fam, sorry to be that guy. They just professionally ghosted the whole community lmao. One day, we will get the text message:

ANet: "Hey babe, long time no talk lmao"Community: "New phone, who dis?"ANet: "Alliances are coming"Community: "Still?"ANet: "it's different this time!"Community: "Oh cool, #AlliancesWhen???"ANet: "Soon™"

@acdspydar.8920 said:

duh.

Alliances Ever!?

Their silence is their answer fam, sorry to be that guy. They just professionally ghosted the whole community lmao. One day, we will get the text message:

ANet: "Hey babe, long time no talk lmao"Community: "New phone, who dis?"ANet: "Alliances are coming"Community: "Still?"ANet: "it's different this time!"Community: "Oh cool, #AlliancesWhen???"ANet: "Soon™"

Alliances Ever!? Communication when!?

It’s been way to long since a anet dev has blessed us with their presence. Outside of posting link info, and the map testing thread... when was the last time a dev commented on a thread? I don’t often go to the pve threads but it seems they also don’t have much communication from devs.

I feel like we’re due for another gimmick week to bring more ppl into WvW.

It’s not even just about alliances anymore. Respect your players plz. This is some serious tiny cute little furry animal that meows.

allianceswhen #communicationwhen

• 2 weeks later...

@Calisanna.8732 said:It’s been way to long since a anet dev has blessed us with their presence. Outside of posting link info, and the map testing thread... when was the last time a dev commented on a thread? I don’t often go to the pve threads but it seems they also don’t have much communication from devs.

I feel like we’re due for another gimmick week to bring more ppl into WvW.

It’s not even just about alliances anymore. Respect your players plz. This is some serious tiny cute little furry animal that meows.

allianceswhen #communicationwhen

We have not forgotten!

We remember what was said!

We know this is not happening because you can't monetize it the same way you get Gems from the bandwagon transfers!

You have spelled the decline of the WvW game mode by this continuous self destructive cycle!

Just be honest with us at this point, it's all we ask!

Alliances ever!? Communication when!?

How's Europe's Long Term communities dealing with the Language Linking - aka - Server Linking?

2019.06.14Language Linking - aka - Server Linking

Previous personal observations & predictions:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1311428/#Comment_1311428

Strangely I still believe ANet can give us something better than Alliances.

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

@TheQuickFox.3826 i feel you... my guild today also had three people at least partially drop out bc irl stuff and the game not giving any real motivation to tryhard anymore to many of us.it won't fully dissolve, but we have not even enough really active players for a 15v15 GvG size anymore, ergo are also barely able to do a lot openfield. Anet fed chaos so much, that full chaos is what they generated.i precisely swapped server recently to re-join this guild, as one of not many last real fighting guilds left on EU, think there are less than 15 by now, where no one is really bigger than 30 ppl even.

i mean i can have fun at pug content a bit, but this surely is a big setback. our guild apparently couldn't recruit many new players since like 2 years, at a rate that probably 30 people left the guild and 10 had joined or re-joined over these years. in 2020 our guild raids been at a size of 26-30, this year they often did not even reach a roster of 20, which makes everything just pretty tedious, since the billions of random cloudy glasscannons can harm too small groups by focusing down single dps chars.

diary entry over, #allianceswhen #expansionwhen #communicationwhen #isanybodyoutthere #dontletwvwdie

• 3 weeks later...