Can we expect "Fall of Abaddon" new fractal?

I just noticed a few ppl with "Ellen Kiel Supporter" floating icon with them and thought that was a new infusion of sorts and checked the wiki and got to know that these came with the cutthroat politics release. so.. can we expect the fractals? like they would've made some progress and ideas, artworks on the unreleased fractal right? if its progressed somewhat, can we expect it anytime later in the near future? perhaps? we won't demand it to be released rightaway.. but.. it'll be nice to have it after End of Dragons Perhaps? or maybe bundled with it?

Would be great, the Abaddon fight from Guild Wars 1 was pretty cool story wise.

Would even provide a great opportunity for a lore related challenge mode: one where the player group receives less (or even no) support from Kormir and thus has to fight a harder fight (would also explain why hopefully dialogue is cut, as it is mostly from existing CMs).

At this point no, I don't think so. The vote between Cardboard Kiel and Evon Gnashblade was years ago, during the the first season of the Living Story. If there was any chance Anet might change their mind and make the fractal. Frankly I don't think they ever wanted to for some reason. They seemed to go out of their way to make Evon seem like a asshole back during the vote (and even more so afterward) while Cardboard Kiel had no flaws. And that's assuming the vote was real (please nobody bring up a certain real world vote, this has nothing to do with that) Anet probably could just say whoever they wanted to win. Sorry if that got tinfoilly, I admit that I am still salty about getting that Thrumalnova-whatever fractal instead of an Abaddon one. Contributed to my eventual abandoning of doing fractals almost entirely.

The Abaddon fractal was going to be the one released if the community voted for Evon Gnashblade to enter the LA Council. The community voted for Ellen Kiel so we got the Thaumonova Fractal instead.

One of the devs in an interview let slip they were relieved because they knew exactly what they wanted to do for the Thaumnova one (given it tied directly into the Scarlet story) and had no real working plans for the Abaddon one.

At the time, they said the decision wouldn't be reversed. Personally I think enough time has passed, but given most of those devs who worked on that release are long since gone, I suspect there's no such plan to ever return to it.

I'm still a bit salty about that vote xD

I really wanted the Abaddon fractal (still do) and I still blame the cheaper WP travel completely screwing the vote as that's what I think a lot of people voted Kiel for.Not saying some didn't want Thermanova, they did and some wanted Kiel to win out of preference but I think there was a large portion who just wanted the cheaper WP travel and that was ultimately a big decision maker for many people.

Looking back I still think it was a mistake, Thermanova isn't all that good as a fractal imo nor did it really give us much other than "Scarlet did it"..Never enjoyed Thermanova all that much in the end and would have much preferred a Fractal that give us a chunk of lore on a major historical event that we never even got to see in Gw1.We could have for the first time ever seen the Crystal Sea.. Seen the Margonite lands and their cities, Seen Abaddon and all the Gods themselves in the flesh!! except Kormir of course.Gaaahh i'm still annoyed XD

@Cyninja.2954 said:Would be great, the Abaddon fight from Guild Wars 1 was pretty cool story wise.

Would even provide a great opportunity for a lore related challenge mode: one where the player group receives less (or even no) support from Kormir and thus has to fight a harder fight (would also explain why hopefully dialogue is cut, as it is mostly from existing CMs).

The fractal wouldn't have been about the Gw1 Nightfall campaign, it would have been about Abaddon's original fall a long long time before Gw1 when he rebelled against the Gods and started a war amongst the Divines.We would have got to witness the moment when Abaddon was struck down by the other Gods and imprisoned the destruction caused by that event is what turned the Crystal Sea into the Crystal Desert.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Tseison.4659 said:A Shiro fractal would be great as well for EoD, or even a Raid revolving around Raisu Palace with Shiro being the end boss of course.

If you were channeling legendary assassin stance as revenant during the fight, would you hear him whispering something to you in an attempt to distract you?

That would be cool lol. But I’m pretty sure they would have it where he whispers to everyone just like what Jormag does. I think a lot of people would complain about Revs getting a little perk that only they can hear.

@Tseison.4659 said:

@Tseison.4659 said:A Shiro fractal would be great as well for EoD, or even a Raid revolving around Raisu Palace with Shiro being the end boss of course.

If you were channeling legendary assassin stance as revenant during the fight, would you hear him whispering something to you in an attempt to distract you?

That would be cool lol. But I’m pretty sure they would have it where he whispers to everyone just like what Jormag does. I think a lot of people would complain about Revs getting a little perk that only they can hear.

Well considering they already did it in heart of thorns with sylvari getting special whispers cant see why they wont do it again with revenants.

@Fueki.4753 said:I doubt there have ever been plans for an Abaddon fractal.I still suspect the vote was just for show anyway and Arenanet already decided for Kiel to win beforehand.

This is my suspicion as well, and Randulf's above post about Anet admitting that they didn't have the Abaddon fractal planned out greatly corroborates that suspicion.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Would be great, the Abaddon fight from Guild Wars 1 was pretty cool story wise.

The fractal wouldn't have been about the Gw1 Nightfall campaign, it would have been about Abaddon's original fall a long long time before Gw1 when he rebelled against the Gods and started a war amongst the Divines.We would have got to witness the moment when Abaddon was struck down by the other Gods and imprisoned the destruction caused by that event is what turned the Crystal Sea into the Crystal Desert.

Ah, yeah that could also be really interesting. I mistook the setting. When abaddon went against the other 5, yeah.

Tbh anything Abaddon related could be fun to experience. The only fear I would have is that a fractal would be to short to really tell a good story.

That said, with the expansion coming up and Cantha being the setting, I got to quote:

Absolutely this but ONLY if it is done properly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, there's still 5 available slots for new fractals, so we can hope that the Abaddon fractal will be one of them. Personally, I think it would be great to finish off the 25 Fractals with the Abaddon frac at 100. I'm imagining something where the 5 players each select an avatar of one of the other 5 Gods to transform into, and we wind up battling Abaddon as giant avatars while the tiny armies of Margonites and Forgotten (who are just Miniaturized forms of normal mobs while the players have the Giant form applied to them) run around at our feet.

• 2 weeks later...