[Video] Fresh Air Weaver Roaming

Exzen.2976

@Gudradain.3892 said:Any build that you hate to meet in WvW and/or what is your worst match up?

There are lots that are a pain to play against, but for me the main ones would be any variation on Boonbeast (I have no boon removal), D/P Daredevil and DE (because most of my skills require a target) and also power Herald because of glint heal!

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Needs to be posted on the ele forums where so many are absolutely insistent the class as a whole has zero chance to beat DE.

Nice play, though.

Haha, I did post this in the ele forums too. In general I would say a good DE does hardcounter this - but they are killable, especially if you use you reflects/bursts well. Thankfully there aren’t too many good DEs about!

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Needs to be posted on the ele forums where so many are absolutely insistent the class as a whole has zero chance to beat DE.

Nice play, though.

Deadeye is still an extremely difficult match up against pretty much any variation of Elementalist, FA Weaver included. The bursts in this video are intense and its possible to catch unprepared DEs who can't escape to stealth, but once your Swirling and Magnetic Wave are gone, you're donezo unless you can LoS till your next evade or blind returns.

@Exzen.2976 Great video, great fights. I love FA ele and these were some great engagements. Do you think ToF is still worth it to run over Arcane Shield or Signet of Air? Lots of Eles keep telling me to swap to Signet but I don't really see why and your vid atleast proves it still pretty useful.

@fuzzyp.6295 said:

Nice play, though.

Deadeye is still an extremely difficult match up against pretty much any variation of Elementalist, FA Weaver included. The bursts in this video are intense and its possible to catch unprepared DEs who can't escape to stealth, but once your Swirling and Magnetic Wave are gone, you're donezo unless you can LoS till your next evade or blind returns.

@Exzen.2976 Great video, great fights. I love FA ele and these were some great engagements. Do you think ToF is still worth it to run over Arcane Shield or Signet of Air? Lots of Eles keep telling me to swap to Signet but I don't really see why and your vid atleast proves it still pretty useful.

Yeah, all the DE need to do is bait out the swirling winds and magnetic wave and sit in stealth. If they run d/p as their second set, it’s even more of an issue, since they can just backstab you while you use them!

With regards to ToF, I still prefer it to arcane shield - you gain 2 stun breaks at the expense of a monster CD of 75s each. This does seem like a lot, but I find that it is perfectly fine while roaming, where you can have several minutes between fights to reset the cds. Arcane shield is a very viable alternative, but it can be frustrating when you’re getting attacked by a ranger rapid fire, or something similar, which just eats through the blocks. ToF adds a really nice evade onto the stunbreak and also gives you super speed which helps with position. Paired with Lightning Flash you can use it to escape some tight situations. I don’t think I would run signet over ToF, I’m not convinced that the build requires extra blinds and although the cd on the stunbreak is very low, the passive is useless. I know some people run signet instead of lightning flash, but I wouldn’t drop Lightning Flash for anything when roaming outnumbered. If you’re duelling, this becomes a different story and I think there is a very strong argument for not running ToF since you will either have to wait 150s between duels or start with 0-1 ToF ammo. For duels Arcane shield is better and depending on the matchup signet might be more useful than LF. This is all just my opinion though, other players will have their own thoughts.